About the Weather module problem (forecast shows Chinese "???") Talk here

Carl

Staff member
After Xiaomi update the Mi Fit app to 3.4.2 (same 3.4.4.1), the Weather part forecast site always shows Chinese if your phone's system language not in English. And if your firmware without Chinese fonts, it shows "???".

Carl

Staff member
For this problem, there is one idea can solve it. The problem comes from the Mi fit app itself, not come from the firmware.

If your Mi fit app is 3.4.2 (or 3.4.4.1), you can use GadgetBridge with our customs firmware 1.2.0.8 to flash your band to the language you want.

Then unpair your band with Mi fit app, after that, delete the Mi fit app. Download from here: MI FIT 3.4.1(previous version). Install it and connect your band with the app. Then I think, the "Chinese ???? problem" has been solved.

If you have any problems about that, follow this thread. Thanks

Last edited:

Maddoctor

You can have a modded version of mi fit that certain strings must be in your language. I have done this for the Greek language and now notifications are in Greek.

Sync your band 2-3 times and it goes off. I also faced same issue and after sometime weather also shown up in English.

Marci_Marc

I installed the german firmware 1.2.0.8 and Mi Fit App 3.4.2. Everything is fine, but waether shows ?????.
Befor that i had thegerman custom firmware 1.1.0.14. everything was fine, only weather information was in english, but english is better then ?????.

How can I fix this?

Carl

Staff member
I installed the german firmware 1.2.0.8 and Mi Fit App 3.4.2. Everything is fine, but waether shows ?????.
Befor that i had thegerman custom firmware 1.1.0.14. everything was fine, only weather information was in english, but english is better then ?????.

How can I fix this?
For this problem, there is one idea can solve it. The problem comes from the Mi fit app itself, not come from the firmware.

If your Mi fit app is 3.4.2 (or 3.4.4.1), you can use GadgetBridge with our customs firmware 1.2.0.8 to flash your band to the language you want.

Then unpair your band with Mi fit app, after that, delete the Mi fit app. Download from here: MI FIT 3.4.1(previous version). Install it and connect your band with the app. Then I think, the "Chinese ???? problem" has been solved.

If you have any problems about that, follow this thread. Thanks

cracker12

Contributor
Any solution simple solution for the weather in chinese? is not a big deal deal but is always usefull. I use custom firmware in english because there is no portuguese till now and update the resources but still in chinese. to not create a new thread how to see who is calling us in mi band?

bokkomam

I still have some Chinese characters at my weather info. It says today on top, shows an icon, then temperature and then the Chinese characters on the bottom. Is there a way to get these in English?

Trusted Store

Members online

Our Telegram Channel

Which color of official strap would you like to buy for your Mi Band 3?

• Black

Votes: 2,154 52.8%
  • Deep Blue

Votes: 1,197 29.4%
  • Redish Orange

Votes: 727 17.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kratoz29