Question Big font anywhere with the Italian language displayed on the band

Alexdjn73

Hello, this is my first post and I want to... Ask a question 😀

As anticipated in the title I would like to know if it's possible to display the big font when the band is set in Italian language (is there an official way? I need any modified firmware or font?). The font on the notifications menu it's ok with english language, but elsewhere it's too small compared with the font on Mi Band 3 (sometimes I had trouble reading the writing there too)

Thank you in advance 🙏

MagicalUnicorn

Staff member
Developer
Hello, this is my first post and I want to... Ask a question 😀

As anticipated in the title I would like to know if it's possible to display the big font when the band is set in Italian language (is there an official way? I need any modified firmware or font?). The font on the notifications menu it's ok with english language, but elsewhere it's too small compared with the font on Mi Band 3 (sometimes I had trouble reading the writing there too)

Thank you in advance 🙏
Big font is only with Chinese and English languages.
If you want big font with Italian, change English translations by Italian and force English language, it's the only way :).

Alexdjn73

Thanks for the quick reply!

When I used Mi Band 3 (thanks to your tool and the guide on how to modify the firmware, I do not remember who in particular I should thank, but the help was invaluable) I did the same with a modified firmware that only worked in English.
Doing so would at least solve half the problem but the rest of the interface, outside of notifications, would still use the small font right?

MagicalUnicorn

Staff member
Developer
Thanks for the quick reply!

When I used Mi Band 3 (thanks to your tool and the guide on how to modify the firmware, I do not remember who in particular I should thank, but the help was invaluable) I did the same with a modified firmware that only worked in English.
Doing so would at least solve half the problem but the rest of the interface, outside of notifications, would still use the small font right?
For other things that notifications (menus, weather...) it's same font for all languages yes ^^.

Alexdjn73

Is it just complicated or not possible to change the font size there? I noticed now how the time is displayed when recording a workout, I think I'll need a magnifying glass 😬 (sorry I know this isn't the place for complaints)

MagicalUnicorn

Staff member
Developer
Is it just complicated or not possible to change the font size there? I noticed now how the time is displayed when recording a workout, I think I'll need a magnifying glass 😬 (sorry I know this isn't the place for complaints)
Not possible :).

Alexdjn73

Just "swapped" English and Italian languages, it works perfectly,accented letters are not displayed (but maybe I mistakenly changed the encoding of .txt file, will check later).
Thanks to you @MagicalUnicorn and also thanks to @Gualdimar for the Mi Smart Band 4 tools and guides!

MagicalUnicorn

Staff member
Developer
Just "swapped" English and Italian languages, it works perfectly,accented letters are not displayed (but maybe I mistakenly changed the encoding of .txt file, will check later).
Thanks to you @MagicalUnicorn and also thanks to @Gualdimar for the Mi Smart Band 4 tools and guides!
Using smartband in English, accented letters in sentences from English translations file can't be displayed (same with Chinese, and there is nothing to do).
So you to don't use accented letters in English translations file :).

Trusted Store

Members online

No members online now.

Our Telegram Channel

Which color of official strap would you like to buy for your Mi Band 3?

• Black

Votes: 2,154 52.8%
  • Deep Blue

Votes: 1,197 29.4%
  • Redish Orange

Votes: 727 17.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eldonITA00