Discussion Change language without custom firmware | Mi Bandage

fabioman

Hi, sorry for this post, it isn't about this custom firmware but you might want to give it a try!

I'm using standard firmware and original Mi Fit app and tried Mi Bandage app (freemium) that allows to change Language in the Band (English, Spanish, no Portuguese though) with any Language in the phone. Also puts Weather info to Portuguese (eg 'Céu Limpo' instead of ??).

It also shows Caller ID in the Band.
All this in free version; premium version allows more cool functions. You need to have Mi Fit installed so it works.

Not a bad options that implies no firmware update, but this app sometimes looses connection to the band - but being free I can't complain.

Would be great if I could change spotify tracks with double tap or some gesture in the band. If someone knows how to do it for free, please let me know!
----------
Olá, desculpem o post que não tem a ver com este firmware mas podem querer testar esta opção!

Estou a usar o firmware de origem e app Mi Fit oficial e testei a app Mi Bandage (freemium) que deixa mudar a Língua na Band (Inglês, Espanhol mas não PT) com qq Língua no tlmvl. Também dá informações de Tempo em PT (ex 'Céu Limpo' em vez dos ??).

Também mostra info de quem liga na Band. Isto tudo na versão free; versão premium ainda deixa mais funções porreiras. Implica sempre ter a Mi Fit instalada.

Não é uma má opção visto que não implica mexer no firmware, mas a app às vezes perde conexão - mas sendo gratuita não me posso queixar.

Para ser excelente era poder mudar de música no Spotify com duplo toque ou algum gesto na Band. Se alguém souber como fazer isso de forma gratuita, avisem aqui pff!

Mr_BananaPants

Official Forum Photographer
Hi, I moved your post because it was off topic.
Thank you for sharing your experience.

The Mi Bandage app can change the language of the Band to the languages that are already available if you would change your phone's language (Chinese (both Traditional and Simplified) English Spanish Russian Korean French German Indonesian Polish Italian Japanese Thai). The only difference is that you can set your phone's language to anything you want, while your band's language stays the same (which is awesome!).

If you wanna control music with your band, you can give this app a try: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pl.explab.mibandmusiccontrol
I don't know if it works with the Mi Band 3 but I think it does.

Kirill

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Yeah, there is a couple of apps to control music; however, taking into account MB3firmware limitations they can handle just single taps.

Last edited:

fabioman

Hi, yes I tried that app but it didn't work in Band 3 :( can you suggest one of those apps to change music? :) I just wanted to play next track. Thanks

jmpnm

I have tried to remove Mi Bandage after change language of Mi Band 3 to English and activate weather in Portuguese... and it keeps like that on Mi Band 3. nice surprise

fabioman

I have tried to remove Mi Bandage after change language of Mi Band 3 to English and activate weather in Portuguese... and it keeps like that on Mi Band 3. nice surprise
But I think after a while it will come back to Chinese ?

Trusted Store

Members online

No members online now.

Our Telegram Channel

Which color of official strap would you like to buy for your Mi Band 3?

• Black

Votes: 2,154 52.8%
  • Deep Blue

Votes: 1,197 29.4%
  • Redish Orange

Votes: 727 17.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Narra