FW Mod English Firmware 2.4.0.32 / 1.8.0.34 (Fine Font) | Mi Band 3 & Mi Band 3 NFC

rendal

Contributor
Hi there...

Sorry for being a noob. I'm new with this kind of stuff.

I'm just wondering why so many .fw files on a single zip file. Do i have to flash them all in GadgetBridge? Planning to flash this custom fw with my MB3. Thanks.

Wuhan
V0.18.3.4
Hi,
only one *.fw file plus one *.res file, you flashes into the bracelet in one moment.
The other files in the *.zip file are different firmware variants: ie the date format display and also the "fake version V9.9.9.99" variant.

mjparaon

Hi,
only one *.fw file plus one *.res file, you flashes into the bracelet in one moment.
The other files in the *.zip file are different firmware variants: ie the date format display and also the "fake version V9.9.9.99" variant.
Thanks for the quick response.

So I just need to flash these 2 files?:

Mili_wuhan-hankou_fine-font-EN_calendar_RES-v49_mod-v00.res

Mili_wuhan_2.4.0.32_fine-font-EN_mod-v00_DdashM.fw

rendal

Contributor
Thanks for the quick response.

So I just need to flash these 2 files?:

Mili_wuhan-hankou_fine-font-EN_calendar_RES-v49_mod-v00.res

Mili_wuhan_2.4.0.32_fine-font-EN_mod-v00_DdashM.fw
Yes, this is the right choice of files for your selection.

The date will be hard set to [day (dot) month] format.
Firmware version is original v2.4.0.32 and the correct RES file. (y)

mjparaon

Yes, this is the right choice of files for your selection.

The date will be hard set to [day (dot) month] format.
Firmware version is original v2.4.0.32 and the correct RES file. (y)
Sorry I forgot to ask this...

If I'm currently using custom firmware 2.4.0.32, can I still flash other 2.4.0.20 custom firmware and lower? Or maybe back and forth? Up or down version of firmware? Thanks again.

rendal

Contributor
Sorry I forgot to ask this...

If I'm currently using custom firmware 2.4.0.32, can I still flash other 2.4.0.20 custom firmware and lower? Or maybe back and forth? Up or down version of firmware? Thanks again.
Up or downgrade version of a firmware is posible.

You cannot downgrade Firmware to v2.2.0.14 and below (from this version Firmware is used newer version of bootloader and the bootloader version cannot downgrade).

Last edited:

mjparaon

Up or downgrade version of a firmware is posible.

You cannot downgrade Firmware to v2.2.0.14 and below (from this version Firmware is used newer version of bootloader and the bootloader version cannot downgrade).
Awesome! Thanks.

Please help me I cannot update the firmware with Notify and Fitness app as it's failing every time. I tried more than 10 times but no positive results. Only resource file got updated.

rendal

Contributor
Please help me I cannot update the firmware with Notify and Fitness app as it's failing every time. I tried more than 10 times but no positive results. Only resource file got updated.
Do you upload firmware for your hardware variant?

Hello! I love this mod, thank you all for your work. However after updating my watch is stuck at 24 hour format, and I would like to change it to 12? Is this possible? My phone is already 12 hour format but the watch will not sync.

rendal

Contributor
Hello! I love this mod, thank you all for your work. However after updating my watch is stuck at 24 hour format, and I would like to change it to 12? Is this possible? My phone is already 12 hour format but the watch will not sync.
The 12/24 hour clock modes, has not been modified in Firmware. Check your app settings.
What specific Firmware did you use to verify this feature?

Last edited:
The 12/24 hour clock modes, has not been modified in Firmware. Check your app settings.
What specific Firmware did you use to verify this feature?
Sorry for the inconvenience! I used the global version mi band M/D format fake 99 version firmware, but I suppose that does not matter because I found out the problem. For some reason 12:00AM shows up as 0:00AM but every other time is normal, like 1:00PM shows the same on the band. I just got my band today so I didn't know this, is this the same in stock?
Thanks again!

rendal

Contributor
Sorry for the inconvenience! I used the global version mi band M/D format fake 99 version firmware, but I suppose that does not matter because I found out the problem. For some reason 12:00AM shows up as 0:00AM but every other time is normal, like 1:00PM shows the same on the band. I just got my band today so I didn't know this, is this the same in stock?
Thanks again!
Yes, the 12 hour display is the same in Stock Firmware.

Okay, now I am having another issue. Whenever there is more than one notification in the list, the text looks like this:

Do I need to flash stock font and will that break fine font?
Edit: flashed the font and still broken!

Last edited:

rendal

Contributor
Really if you have only one notification, then the characters are displayed correctly?
Already written on the first page on this thread:
⤳ Original text encoding in received notifications and weather messages.
The firmware does not support special letters, only English.

Really if you have only one notification, then the characters are displayed correctly?
Already written on the first page on this thread:
⤳ Original text encoding in received notifications and weather messages.
The firmware does not support special letters, only English.
the characters are displayed correctly for all the notifications themselves regardless of how many I have. The only weird text is when I have more than one notification the thing that is supposed to say "2 notifications" has that garbled weird text instead.

rendal

Contributor
the characters are displayed correctly for all the notifications themselves regardless of how many I have. The only weird text is when I have more than one notification the thing that is supposed to say "2 notifications" has that garbled weird text instead.
Interestingly, I don't know about this error.
What Firmware and Resources have you uploaded (file names)?

Mili_wuhan_2.4.0.32_fine-font-EN_mod-v00_DslashM.fw and Mili_wuhan-hankou_fine-font-EN_calendar_RES-v49_mod-v00_fake-v99.res
Oddly enough I have 5 notifications now and it is back to normal? So maybe this only affects 2?

Also one more question would this work with the calendar version of this resource pack? Mi Band 4 Theme 2.0 | v49 | Xiaomi Mi Band 3 | GeekDoing

Thanks!

Last edited:

rendal

Contributor
Mili_wuhan_2.4.0.32_fine-font-EN_mod-v00_DslashM.fw and Mili_wuhan-hankou_fine-font-EN_calendar_RES-v49_mod-v00_fake-v99.res
Oddly enough I have 5 notifications now and it is back to normal? So maybe this only affects 2?

Also one more question would this work with the calendar version of this resource pack? Mi Band 4 Theme 2.0 | v49 | Xiaomi Mi Band 3 | GeekDoing

Thanks!
Well, I'll fix this error and then release the new firmware. It will take some time.
You can test the resources freely, there is no danger of brick. Yes, it is compatible.

Well, I'll fix this error and then release the new firmware. It will take some time.
You can test the resources freely, there is no danger of brick. Yes, it is compatible.
Ok thank you! Also I'm sorry, I had the model wrong. I originally flashed Wuhan but it would not flash because my device was actually hanoku, so that is what I have now. Sorry I totally forgot to tell you this! And no problem on the time, I really appreciate your hard work. Also the firmware I used is fake version too, not sure if that matters.

Edit: I just tried the res file, and my mi band says connect to app to update. It didn't seem to work even though you said it was compatible.

Last edited:

Trusted Store

Members online

No members online now.

Our Telegram Channel

Which color of official strap would you like to buy for your Mi Band 3?

• Black

Votes: 2,154 52.8%
  • Deep Blue

Votes: 1,197 29.4%
  • Redish Orange

Votes: 726 17.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
careylui