Question English firmware with chinese weather

I installed English firmware via mi hr for iphone yesterday. Everything was great untill today. But weather conditions were in Russian (my iphone language is Russian). Today i see weather conditions in Chinese. I switched to Russian firmware - and now weather conditions are in ??? marks.
This means that it is somehow possible to show weather conditions in Russian. They were in Russian yesterday when i flashed to English firmware.
And that miband3 shows weather conditions in phone's language. And it is not correct. It should show it in firmware's language.

Kirill

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
The weather forecast phrases (like Clear, Rainy etc.) aren't contained inside the firmware. In fact, they are being sent from Mi Fit application. Unfortunately, original Mi Fit app sends them only in Chinese or English language.

If understand correctly, Mi HR app sends them in your phone's language and Mi Band saves weather forecast in it's internal memory and remembers it for some time. However, when you have changed your firmware to Russian, Mi HR (or Mi Fit, if you also use it on your phone) started to send weather information in Chinese language (And as you have Russian firmware on your MB3, chinese characters are shown as ⍰ ⍰ ⍰ )

So, as I said, language of weather phrases depends on the app you use, NOT on firmware iself.
I think it would be better to contact Mi HR developer and ask him whether he supports weather info for MB3.

Any way to force the app to run in English whole the system runs in another language? I'm on Android with a rooted phone

Trusted Store

Members online

No members online now.

Our Telegram Channel

Which color of official strap would you like to buy for your Mi Band 3?

• Black

Votes: 2,154 52.8%
  • Deep Blue

Votes: 1,197 29.4%
  • Redish Orange

Votes: 727 17.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mays999