Question global version Mi Smart Band 4 problem

stunt14

I have a China non NFC mi band 4 which has been working just fine. I bought a 2nd one which is a global English version mi smart band 4, but it doesn't seem to work on bluetooth at all. Has anyone else had this problem? I've fully charged it, and tried to pair with the Mi Fit app, but when trying to add a new device, it just says "couldn't pair, check network and try again". Just searching for it using regular bluetooth on mine, and other phones, doesn't find it either. Has anyone else had this issue?

Is there a way to reboot the mi smart band 4 when it's in the 'pair first' and 'regulatory' mode at all please?

Carl

Staff member
I have a China non NFC mi band 4 which has been working just fine. I bought a 2nd one which is a global English version mi smart band 4, but it doesn't seem to work on bluetooth at all. Has anyone else had this problem? I've fully charged it, and tried to pair with the Mi Fit app, but when trying to add a new device, it just says "couldn't pair, check network and try again". Just searching for it using regular bluetooth on mine, and other phones, doesn't find it either. Has anyone else had this issue?

Is there a way to reboot the mi smart band 4 when it's in the 'pair first' and 'regulatory' mode at all please?
Have you paired it with another phone or another account?
If yes, use your previous phone and mi fit account to connect it again.
You also can open the bluetooth, then delete your miband 4 in there, to connect it with a new device.

stunt14

It's brand new, so it's not been used before. I've tried to get it to show on other phones, but it's not showing up in the bluetooth menu at all, on any phone, it's as if the bluetooth isn't enabled on the mi band device itself.

stunt14

Ok I just tried it again and now it's magically working. Perhaps the Xiaomi servers weren't responding before or something. Anyway thanks for your reply, but all seems good now thankfully. :D

Leaton

I'm also having this problem, the band just shows "pair first" and he app and bluetooth on my iPhone cant detect it no matter what I try.

The bluetooth on my phone definitely works as its connecting to other devices fine.

Any ideas? About to ask for a refund as this device clearly doesn't work properly.

stunt14

I'm also having this problem, the band just shows "pair first" and he app and bluetooth on my iPhone cant detect it no matter what I try.

The bluetooth on my phone definitely works as its connecting to other devices fine.

Any ideas? About to ask for a refund as this device clearly doesn't work properly.
Yes, that's the same as mine and I was about to go down the refund route, as the bluetooth just didn't appear to be working at all. I fully charged mine, and it still didn't appear to work, but then i tried again later and it magically paired. I must have done the same thing about 50 times. I've no idea why it would act this way, but just keep trying after leaving it alone for a bit, and don't give up on it too early. After it suddenly managed to pair out of the blue it connected easily, as you would with any other Bluetooth device, by confirming the pairing on the band's screen, and then it updated the firmware twice. There's since been one more update. I'd imagine that it had something to do with the battery level as nothing else really makes sense. Maybe it needed to be at a certain charge level or something?! Good luck with yours. It's worth the patience as they are good devices. :)

Last edited:

Mhk964

I have the same problem now
How can I fix it
It literally tried everything 🙂💔

Lesley

I have try for two days trying to pair my new mi4 band and it cannot find it I have turn the phon off and on aswell as Bluetooth any suggestions

Ersaguns

I have the same problem and tried on 5 phone and also tried clear cache and data on mifit also use 3rd party but still cannot pair.
It stuck at pair first and regulatory,
At mi fit it always said couldn't pair, try to reset and try again.

I am hopeless now, if somebody have a way, please help

Attachments

ggia

Bought MiFit Band 4 and received it 8-26-19 via Walmart affiliate store. Could not pair band 4 to android. The band was locked with AliPay app. I can't read Chinese so couldn't navigate to disable AliPay. Have to return band to Walmart in person.

CraZ_CZ

I had the same problem and the problem was very silly. I used unofficial Mi Fit app by Magical Unicorn downloaded from this site, used with my previous Mi Band 3. I didn't realize that and pairing always failed. After uninstalling it, and installing the official app Mi Fit app from Google Play, I was able to pair for the first time.

So I'm writing this just in case someone else has the same silly problem as I had :)

Meetkash55

Hey,
I just fixed it. Go to your mi band setting , choose "Factory reset" and then try pairing it with Mi Fit app.

Trusted Store

Members online

No members online now.

Our Telegram Channel

Which color of official strap would you like to buy for your Mi Band 3?

• Black

Votes: 2,154 52.8%
  • Deep Blue

Votes: 1,197 29.4%
  • Redish Orange

Votes: 726 17.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
careylui