RES Greek Resources v87 MB5 (for CN and GL band)

Resources Version

NiTroGen

Greek language for
Mi Band 5

(Install it at your own risk... I'm not responsible for any bricked devices)

You must have FW v1.0.2.08 installed!

Greek Resources v87
MB5GR_v87.bin
(latest ver. 1 - 17/09/2020)​

This translation is part Xiaomi's MB4 greek translation, part Xiaomi's MB5 uncomplete greek translation, part my translation rendering. There are some minor changes from the official Xiaomi translation: days are displayed in full name (eg. ΔΕΥΤΕΡΑ, not ΔΕΥ), "Ξυπνητήρι" instead of "Συναγερμός", etc...

This translation is also compatible with the Chinese version of Mi Band 5. The Chinese texts have been replaced with the greek ones, including the ideograms in the main menu pictures!

You are free to work on this translation (no credit required) using the necessary tools found in the Mi Band 4 forum section.

How to install on Android:
  1. Install this modified Mi Fit 4.6.0 by Magical Unicorn.
  2. For installing these resources, you must have firmware version 1.0.2.08 (official stable) installed.
  3. Install the latest Notify & Fitness from Play Store.
  4. Download MB5GR_v87.bin and install it using Notify & Fitness.
  5. Optional, for emoticon support, you can install a custom font.
  6. You can uninstall now Notify & Fitness, if not needed!
  7. In Mi Fit 4.5.0 settings, set the language of Mi Band 5 to Russian (русский) or Chinese (simplified or traditional) - There are minor differences in main menu texts and font display.
Please, do not ask me how to modify/translate the band to your language. The information is all in this forum! If you are not able to read a forum, you surely cannot modify a resource file! Use the search button. Hint: All the info is in the Mi Band 4 discussion section.

Attachments

Last edited:

NiTroGen

Greek translation has been updated. Please feel free to indicate any possible mistakes...

NiTroGen

Translation updated for supporting the Chinese Mi Band 5, which has only Chinese and English languages enabled. The Chinese texts have been replaced with the Greek ones, including the ideograms in the main menu pictures!

Maddoctor

Hello. Have you checked the file? Because I get half menu in chinese half in Greek

NiTroGen

Yes, I checked it, but using a global band version.

Did you select Simplified Chinese (简体中文)? It seems that you are using Traditional Chinese...

I could replace both of them with greek in a future release.

Maddoctor

Yes, I checked it, but using a global band version.

Did you select Simplified Chinese (简体中文)? It seems that you are using Traditional Chinese...

I could replace both of them with greek in a future release.
It's different in global. In cn some things are locked. I'm checking them all the time. Find a cn mi band and check your file, to see it yourself

NiTroGen

Did you try changing the language to Simplified Chinese (简体中文)? Your pictures are the result of the Traditional Chinese language selection. I don't believe Simple Chinese is locked in CN band.

Anyway, I've also replaced Traditional Chinese in this file. It is tested on the global band. Can you give it a try on the CN band?

Attachments

Last edited:

Maddoctor

Did you try changing the language to Simplified Chinese (简体中文)? Your pictures are the result of the Traditional Chinese language selection. I don't believe Simple Chinese is locked in CN band.

Anyway, I've also replaced Traditional Chinese in this file. It is tested on the global band. Can you give it a try on the CN band?
Will give it a try tommorow after I return from hospital

NiTroGen

Will give it a try tommorow after I return from hospital
It's nice to find out that you've realized that my language resources work perfectly on the Chinese band, even if you didn't finally reply here. :D

I see that you posted your own version of the translation/resources on your site, using the same method for translating the Chinese band. ;)

Maddoctor

It's nice to find out that you've realized that my language resources work perfectly on the Chinese band, even if you didn't finally reply here. :D

I see that you posted your own version of the translation/resources on your site, using the same method for translating the Chinese band. ;)
First of all...is not my work, but the file is made from Rizla46, as is mentioned in the article. So if you want something you speak with him. As for your file, since Rizla46 gave me one working and I cooperated with him from the first time, I gave and the second time his work to my readers.

NiTroGen

I have no problem with your cooperating with Rizla46. He's doing good work on Mi Band 5 and I'm not looking neither for money nor for fame!

I just wanted to highlight that my translation of the resources, for which you claimed it didn't work fine with the chinese band, works just fine! :cool:

Maddoctor

I have no problem with your cooperating with Rizla46. He's doing good work on Mi Band 5 and I'm not looking neither for money nor for fame!

I just wanted to highlight that my translation of the resources, for which you claimed it didn't work fine with the chinese band, works just fine! :cool:
At the time I posted, it wasn't, as you can check and from the images. I have both versions, so it was easy for me to check it and you wrote above that the res file was checked only in a global Mi Band 5, not a CN version. Now, if you have corrected the file afterwards, I don't know.

Rizla46

My friend, first of all, you had uploaded a file wich was half traditional translated, and half simplified, as a result, it had showing the half words in greek - half chinese.
Secondly the file of V81 res was been sent to maddoctor way before you upload your first edit and correct it.
somewhere you say, you don't the chinese band to test it.
There is no need to have it, you can set chinese in global version and see what you have built,
and you should do that to test it.
You can't upload untested custom file that can brick others devices.
And last, It's not proper to use only capital letters on menu index, but this is your choice!
Ps. I don't know what is your problem with me, but I can see the translation you have, is my code changed a bit, but you never mentioned me anywhere, and you mention other creators like mario as you should.
I have traps in it, and understand what is happening. Also some big texts wich had no translation, are excactly the same from my version, wich published first, and you made a comment also on the publication, so you know that!
Thank you for your opinion on my work, but respect it also!

NiTroGen

Mate, I'm not try to argue with neither of you. I respect your work and never tried to steal it as you continuously claim. It is a translation. It is expected to exist similarities between different translators! The major differences are there because I choose to use a different translation rendering for some texts that look better in my eyes. There is no proper or not proper. Any Mi Band owner can choose whose resources will use. I do not gain anything from this work. I do not ask for donations!

When I upload a file, I always test it, unless I say I otherwise. And I give specific instructions on how to use it - for example I said initially "use the simplified Chinese language", not the traditional. I didn't say it was untested - I said it was tested on the global version. That's why I hate it when someone says it's flawed and when I try to explain, even adapt (replace and the traditional) doesn't respond, but posts a similar adaptation on his site!

As you already mentioned, for my other custom resources I give credit to all creators, but you. That's why because I don't owe you anything (with all due respect). In contrast, you took my advice on how to create a greek translation and how to successfully replace the Chinese language with greek. Still, I never asked for anything, neither complained to any forum administrator/moderator as you did.

This thread is not a battlefield. I'm not going to continue arguing with anyone. My comment was on the wrong claims by MadDoctor that the resources were flawed. I did not comment on your work, regardless I like it or not!

Last edited:

Maddoctor

This thread is not a battlefield. I'm not going to continue arguing with anyone. My comment was on the wrong claims by MadDoctor that the resources were flawed. I did not comment on your work, regardless I like with it or not!
But you battle and wrongly. Check my images. You will see a Greek menu. So I have chosen the correct language to see it. But then I see and Chinese and the file is not checked in a CN version. Sorry my friend, but your file back then had problems, shown from the images, that never lie. And I didn't claim nothing. The images from my CN Mi Band 5 where saying that something was wrong.

NiTroGen

Some of the ideogram images in the resources are used for both simplified and traditional Chinese. So if you translate the one dialect (simplified), but select the other (traditional), you get a partial ideogram translation in the main menu and no text translation in the secondary menus. That's what you saw because you did not select the correct dialect!

(This comment is purely for translating purposes, to pinpoint how the Chinese language dialects are stored in the resources - I do not want to continue arguing!)

Last edited:

Rizla46

Anyways, Companies have some standard's to their subtitles, we don't write what we please or like to our eyes, but anyway, I can proove to you that its not a coincidence the simiraties you say, but I don't care anymore.
Also I didn't said that it is MINE language, I just have said that I happenes to create the file first, and you edit it to your preferences, and that's ok by me, but you did it just after my release and didn't mentioned it.

If you had tested the previous file as you say, you could see that there was half china- half greek, in simplified, and we both know where the mistake was, but anyway ;)
So I assumed that because of the file was wrong, you didn't tested it, because it was obivous.

And you don't credit me, And I took your Advice?
Mate Get real!! there is one way that company allows to change it, and I had The v81 file ready before yours and send it on 23 aug wich was ready. And also One month ago I again published first the greek V63 for both versions Gl-Ch, but you upload it here again with no credits!!.
What do you want to ask from me as you say?
And the complaints to the forum is because someone tries to take advantage of my work, putting me aside!
If you want, you can complain and escalate it to see who is wrong or wright but it's against you.

Also your comment on my work as you say,
was just to underestimate it, and not to congratulate.

No point of talking for it anymore.
That was the only answer I had one month now, and I believe, that everyone can understand
Thank you for not respecting me, with all the respect as you say above.

Trusted Store

Members online

No members online now.

Our Telegram Channel

Which color of official strap would you like to buy for your Mi Band 3?

• Black

Votes: 2,154 52.8%
  • Deep Blue

Votes: 1,197 29.4%
  • Redish Orange

Votes: 727 17.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kratoz29