Question Hey+ Band suddenly died, not working

Hi there,

I've been stunned by how good the Hey+ Band is. I got it in January and used the English firmware available for it. It's an incredible device. However it suddenly died. Yesterday, I was at a restaurant charging it from my Power bank and an hour later it was at 100%. When I got back home, it didn't work. Plugged it into the charger again and it said 5%. That was strange. I clicked here and there, and then a few seconds later, right on the home screen it turned off. It doesn't turn on again. I tried charging it for the whole night, nothing. The phone doesn't detect it of course.

Any idea what can I do? I love this band and I need it back working. Please someone help me.

Tizigsysyks

Hi
This type of problems occurs mostly in phones some due to over charging and some due to dead battery 🔋 or if your hey band fell down or something like that happens the battery may get misplaced or be loose if not you can claim the warranty which helps you have 80% of chance of getting your hey band. I probably don't know much about hey band I just told general prob.
😀😃😸😄😁

How many of you have tried the Russian firmware from 4pda? A little before it died I decided to try the latest one because there are soo many features but from time to time the band would just turn off and get back on after a minute or a little more. But every time it shut off, plugging it to the charger causes the band to vibrate and a few seconds later it was on.

I decided to get rid of the Russian firmware for that reason alone anyway. Is this somehow related to this issue? The band died with the latest English firmware.

Dobsgw

Official Forum Reviewer
How many of you have tried the Russian firmware from 4pda? A little before it died I decided to try the latest one because there are soo many features but from time to time the band would just turn off and get back on after a minute or a little more. But every time it shut off, plugging it to the charger causes the band to vibrate and a few seconds later it was on.

I decided to get rid of the Russian firmware for that reason alone anyway. Is this somehow related to this issue? The band died with the latest English firmware.
Where did you buy the band? Have you tried to email asking for support from the seller. They might have some options. Unfortunately shipping it abroad will probably cost the same as buying a new one so you have to weigh that up.

I imagine that disassembly of such a small unit will result in more damage, but since it doesn't work anyway might as well give it a go as your last option.

The firmware is a tricky one. You mentioned issues on the RU firmware, but once you had the English back it seems that it all went back to normal. I doubt the RU dev would have messed with voltages or anything so essentially nothing from there should be damaging the hardware. The rebooting sounds troubling though, that is weird behaviour. Maybe this was the manifestation of a hardware issue that coincided with flashing the RU firmware and by the time your flashed back to English the band was just ready to commit itself to being a lemon?

Try not to let it get you down too much! Some people have this kind of luck with really high end devices so a little consolation is the relatively low price of the thing. Still kinda sucks but everyone experiences this stuff you're not alone

Where did you buy the band? Have you tried to email asking for support from the seller. They might have some options. Unfortunately shipping it abroad will probably cost the same as buying a new one so you have to weigh that up.

I imagine that disassembly of such a small unit will result in more damage, but since it doesn't work anyway might as well give it a go as your last option.

The firmware is a tricky one. You mentioned issues on the RU firmware, but once you had the English back it seems that it all went back to normal. I doubt the RU dev would have messed with voltages or anything so essentially nothing from there should be damaging the hardware. The rebooting sounds troubling though, that is weird behaviour. Maybe this was the manifestation of a hardware issue that coincided with flashing the RU firmware and by the time your flashed back to English the band was just ready to commit itself to being a lemon?

Try not to let it get you down too much! Some people have this kind of luck with really high end devices so a little consolation is the relatively low price of the thing. Still kinda sucks but everyone experiences this stuff you're not alone
Hi, thank you all for your support!

I bought the device from MiDragon Store in AliExpress. I tried messaging the seller a few times since yesterday but he still doesn't reply. I think this is somewhat normal, some sellers take up 2-3 days to reply to my messages and this one has been responsive. He even messaged me recently that I can now use my e-mail to log in to the Hey+ app.

However my worrying starts when I go to the product page and click on the recent 1-star feedbacks. He sent a lot of people packages of batteries instead of the band. And also another guy received the band unresponsive and it won't turn on just like mine.

I told the seller I will also agree on a good discount of the Mi Band 4 once it comes out. What should I do if he doesn't respond soon?

Dobsgw

Official Forum Reviewer
Hi, thank you all for your support!

I bought the device from MiDragon Store in AliExpress. I tried messaging the seller a few times since yesterday but he still doesn't reply. I think this is somewhat normal, some sellers take up 2-3 days to reply to my messages and this one has been responsive. He even messaged me recently that I can now use my e-mail to log in to the Hey+ app.

However my worrying starts when I go to the product page and click on the recent 1-star feedbacks. He sent a lot of people packages of batteries instead of the band. And also another guy received the band unresponsive and it won't turn on just like mine.

I told the seller I will also agree on a good discount of the Mi Band 4 once it comes out. What should I do if he doesn't respond soon?
Yeah Ali is a real mixed bag. Some amazing sellers and some dodgy ones. Its just a typical market place.
Give them a few days they might be considering options for you which is better than an instant "no"

Keep talking to them. Be nice and appreciate he is trying to turn a profit, its always appreciated from a business side.
But yeah be firm on what you want.

I think if the band is dead and there's no good options then getting a discounted mi band 4 will set you up well.
The hey+1s is coming out soon too. So think it over

Hopefully the seller can give you a couple of options.

You can technically open a dispute with AliExpress but I think you'd have a hard time proving the seller to be at fault. If they offer warranty on the description screenshot it asap and use it for evidence. They could just rule that you have to ship it back to them though.

Worst case you will have to eat the cost and buy a new band. But hey its a good time. Mi band 4 release is tomorrow and the Hey+ 1s will follow.

(The manual included in the box says that returning within 12 months from receipt date for repair is free of charge)

Again, thanks for your support! Is this convincing enough in your opinion?

Dobsgw

Official Forum Reviewer
View attachment 5708
View attachment 5709
(The manual included in the box says that returning within 12 months from receipt date for repair is free of charge)

Again, thanks for your support! Is this convincing enough in your opinion?
Anything in the manual doesn't necesaeily apply. Its between seller and manufacturer since the seller is the original buyer of the band. You only have an agreement with the seller on AliExpress which probably doesn't cover you much.
Many of Xiaomi/others products that are intended for China only sales won't cover you outside China. They deem you to have broken the terms of use.

I hope they will agree to do a warranty for you but they will take the band from you - send it to warranty - send the new one when it arrives.
Maybe you'll wait months. Maybe they will just be kind and send a new one immediately.

Don't send anymore messages just let them sort it out now :)
The messages are good and clear

Hey everyone!

The seller MiDragon Store does not reply. They didn't even read my messages, they still say "Unread". What worries me even more is that more and more people leave negative feedback on the Hey+ Store Post saying that the seller only shipped them AAA batteries instead of a band. At this point I'm even scared of giving my band back to them.

What should I do?

This is my first time dealing with a shady seller in AliExpress. I cannot open a dispute more than 15 days after confirmation, even less so 6 months later. But I've seen "sellers are required to give 2 year warranty in the EU" on the AliExpress warranty FAQ. Should I try contacting AliExpress customer service in another form?

Please give me an advice, I'm already missing my Hey+ a lot. Thanks a lot for the support!

Dobsgw

Official Forum Reviewer
Hey everyone!

The seller MiDragon Store does not reply. They didn't even read my messages, they still say "Unread". What worries me even more is that more and more people leave negative feedback on the Hey+ Store Post saying that the seller only shipped them AAA batteries instead of a band. At this point I'm even scared of giving my band back to them.

What should I do?

This is my first time dealing with a shady seller in AliExpress. I cannot open a dispute more than 15 days after confirmation, even less so 6 months later. But I've seen "sellers are required to give 2 year warranty in the EU" on the AliExpress warranty FAQ. Should I try contacting AliExpress customer service in another form?

Please give me an advice, I'm already missing my Hey+ a lot. Thanks a lot for the support!
Yes try to make contact with AliExpress and give all the details.
Do not mention flashing the band firmware. It will instantly work against you.

Simply say you only followed the sellers directions (if you flashed English).
Then explain the issue and say the seller is not responding regarding warranty of the product.
Ask if a dispute can be started for this reason.

Not gonna lie, 6 months down the line from receiving the item they may just say you broke it.

Mi band 4 is a good price so maybe you can replace it in a week or two when you have a definitive response.

Sorry about that bro

Yes try to make contact with AliExpress and give all the details.
Do not mention flashing the band firmware. It will instantly work against you.

Simply say you only followed the sellers directions (if you flashed English).
Then explain the issue and say the seller is not responding regarding warranty of the product.
Ask if a dispute can be started for this reason.

Not gonna lie, 6 months down the line from receiving the item they may just say you broke it.

Mi band 4 is a good price so maybe you can replace it in a week or two when you have a definitive response.

Sorry about that bro
Of course I'm never gonna tell them I've flashed anything, that's like telling my carrier that I've flashed MIUI on my Mi A1 when bringing it back for repair under warranty.

Thanks a lot for the reply! I'll try to contact them ASAP and I'll be sure to let you know how did it go! :)

Hey! I was not expecting this. The woman on the AliExpress Live Chat Customer Service was so nice. I explained everything to her, she told me to capture a video of the problem and share it to Google Drive, I did it and then she said she is filling up the "full or partial refund request". Here's how our conversation went after that:

I love AliExpress. Even shady sellers seem to have a hard time against me, if I know what to do.

Thank you all for your support!

Attachments

Dobsgw

Official Forum Reviewer
Hey! I was not expecting this. The woman on the AliExpress Live Chat Customer Service was so nice. I explained everything to her, she told me to capture a video of the problem and share it to Google Drive, I did it and then she said she is filling up the "full or partial refund request". Here's how our conversation went after that:

View attachment 5750

I love AliExpress. Even shady sellers seem to have a hard time against me, if I know what to do.

Thank you all for your support!
AliExpress support is the law around there ;)

But the reason you don't have an answer on full or partial is they still need to contact the seller and take their side of the case.
I hope you get 50% or more of the value!

Well done you covered all the bases and showed a fair case of your problem.
The refunds do take a while tho I had to dispute a dodgy seller when the didn't ship a couple cases for 2 months and then said "it was never in stock" lol

Also reminder: never accept PayPal from sellers as they often just reverse the transaction. They are hiding from AliExpress by doing this and the money is not secure.

Trusted Store

Members online

No members online now.

Our Telegram Channel

Which color of official strap would you like to buy for your Mi Band 3?

• Black

Votes: 2,154 52.8%
  • Deep Blue

Votes: 1,197 29.4%
  • Redish Orange

Votes: 726 17.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
careylui