Tutorial How to flash a Custom Firmware / Resources ?

MagicalUnicorn

Staff member
Developer
How to flash a Custom Firmware / Resources ?
(At your own risk... We aren't responsible for bricked devices and we won't help in case of other problems)

Step 1
★ Install Hey Plus - Flash (link in the Hey+ App thread).

Step 2
★ Open the Hey Plus Application.
★ Go in "Settings" -> "Firmware version".
★ Turn off your Bluetooth.
★ Start the update (files will be downloaded, and you will have error message with "Cancel" and "Retry" buttons).
★ Copy the Custom Firmware (file "1") (and the Custom Resources (file "0")) in "Internal Storage -> Android -> data -> com.ryeex.groot -> cache -> firmware -> *SmartBand ID* -> *Firmware version*.
★ Turn on your Bluetooth.
★ Return in the Hey Plus Application and tap on "Retry" button.
★ Wait. After flash, the SmartBand will reboot.
★ The Application will say "Failed", tap on "Cancel".
★ Enjoy :).

Post only in English, else it will be deleted.

Kpoinen

How to flash a Custom Firmware / Resources ?
(At your own risk... We aren't responsible for bricked devices and we won't help in case of other problems)

Step 1
★ Install Hey Plus - Flash (link in the Hey+ App thread).

Step 2
★ Open the Hey Plus Application.
★ Go in "Settings" -> "Firmware version".
★ Turn off your Bluetooth.
★ Start the update (files will be downloaded, and you will have error message with "Cancel" and "Retry" buttons).
★ Copy the Custom Firmware (file "1") (and the Custom Resources (file "0")) in "Internal Storage -> Android -> data -> com.ryeex.groot -> cache -> firmware -> *SmartBand ID* -> *Firmware version*.
★ Turn on your Bluetooth.
★ Return in the Hey Plus Application and tap on "Retry" button.
★ Wait. After flash, the SmartBand will reboot.
★ The Application will say "Failed", tap on "Cancel".
★ Enjoy :).

Post only in English, else it will be deleted.
Hi. I do not have the update option to update to English firmware after automatic software update. May b it's because firmware is already up-to-date. Plz help

Kpoinen

Thx a lot. Band successfully flashed in English version. Actually I have a notification that new update is available, should I update or ignore it? Also can't use the weather info since my city is not in China. Is there any fix for this?

MagicalUnicorn

Staff member
Developer
Thx a lot. Band successfully flashed in English version. Actually I have a notification that new update is available, should I update or ignore it? Also can't use the weather info since my city is not in China. Is there any fix for this?
Hey Plus Flash will always say you have an update, after flash use a other Hey Plus (English, French, ...).

For weather, only available for China, maybe for all in futur.

Kpoinen

Hi. Thx a lot for your help. Is it possible to customize the background to put our own instead of the presets one?

MagicalUnicorn

Staff member
Developer
Hi. Thx a lot for your help. Is it possible to customize the background to put our own instead of the presets one?
Yes you can, in "Dials", "All", "New". You need uninstall one of default dial in first ("Dials", "Edit").

Sycky

Hello everyone! I have the same problem with my Hey pus app "The app spins and turns and does not recognize my gadget." I don't have Chinese number! Someone can help me?

reforitor

Hello everyone! I have the same problem with my Hey pus app "The app spins and turns and does not recognize my gadget." I don't have Chinese number! Someone can help me?
You need to have a Chinese number, apparently. My seller provided me with it, so you might as well ask you seller

MagicalUnicorn

Staff member
Developer
You need to have a Chinese number, apparently. My seller provided me with it, so you might as well ask you seller
Like I already said, you can use an email. You don't need Chinese number since some updates.

MagicalUnicorn

Staff member
Developer
Hey, could you please help me connect my band with mijia? Isn't the mijia app same as mi home app?
Use Mi Home Application.
I'm sorry but I can't help you more, I didn't have problem to connect my Hey Plus to the Application.

Trusted Store

Members online

No members online now.

Our Telegram Channel

Which color of official strap would you like to buy for your Mi Band 3?

• Black

Votes: 2,154 52.8%
  • Deep Blue

Votes: 1,197 29.4%
  • Redish Orange

Votes: 726 17.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
careylui