Tutorial How to Install Firmware via GadgetBridge

RAZhonorX

hi, i have. a mi band 3 nfc,
Everything is working until the very end, at 100%, the mi band has a cross on it, and the application on my phone says "problems avec le transfert due mettadonnée du micrologiciel"(in french), with should be in English : "problems with the transfer ?microdata? of the firmware"
If you could help me that would be very cool, I have my mi band in Chinese for more than 3 month now, kind of annoying :(

MagicalUnicorn

Staff member
Developer
hi, i have. a mi band 3 nfc,
Everything is working until the very end, at 100%, the mi band has a cross on it, and the application on my phone says "problems avec le transfert due mettadonnée du micrologiciel"(in french), with should be in English : "problems with the transfer ?microdata? of the firmware"
If you could help me that would be very cool, I have my mi band in Chinese for more than 3 month now, kind of annoying :(
Use Notify and Fitness for flash Firmware :).

Majlo23

After install czech firmware, my Band 3 can't connect with aplication Mi fit even Gadgebridge. When I cancel pairing with phone ---> pair Band 3 again, bracelet install back Chinese firmware. :( Can anybody help me please?
you need modified Mi Fit App.... Find it here on geekdoing forum

bl4mm

Updated the firmware but swipe now doesnt work on the band. Just shakes the display regardless of which direction I swipe.

rendal

Contributor
Updated the firmware but swipe now doesnt work on the band. Just shakes the display regardless of which direction I swipe.
We know exactly what the bracelet is "the band", so certainly someone will advise.

eaiueai

It is not necessary to install the Mi Fit App.
Maybe someone should update the Tutorial.
I have updated my MI Band 3 with Gadgetbridge right now. And I used my Fairphone 2 with LineageOS 16 and without google services and of course without this mi fit app.
And thank you for publishing the firmware. Keep up this good work.

Hello, I installed the Bulgarian firmware on Mi Band 3 by using your method. Everything works perfectly fine, until I have to connect the band to the mifit app after installing the new FW. It connects, starts updating and then just restores back the original English firmware. Any suggestions on how to fix that?

Nothing guys its jst say to update the app
But before to install it it say tha i have to instell RES after
same problem done flashing with .fw file but now performing with .res file but GadgetBridge unable to locate Mi band 3 and am stuck here , tried all things ( turning off bluetooth, enabling gps, rebooting my cell phone ) but still not discovered. How could i possibly connect my Band to GadgetBridge. #help @Carl

rendal

Contributor
same problem done flashing with .fw file but now performing with .res file but GadgetBridge unable to locate Mi band 3 and am stuck here , tried all things ( turning off bluetooth, enabling gps, rebooting my cell phone ) but still not discovered. How could i possibly connect my Band to GadgetBridge. #help @Carl
You must remove all bluetooth pairings from the system bluetooth phone settings. If this does not help, perform a factory reset in the Mi Band 3 menu.

rendal

Contributor
This ain't working because after flashing with .fw file i am stuck at (Connect to app to update) screen on my mi band 3 so i cannot perform Factory reset. Moreover after Removing all paired devices on my android phone i still cannot discover band in Gadget Bridge app ( lastest v. installed 0.42.1). Although i can connect to Mi Fit App but not on Gadget Bridge application. Please help me. @rendal
You have to try it again, in the end you will succeed. A factory reset would solve this immediately, but it is not necessary. Remove pairing from apps. Remove all Bluetooth pairings from the Bluetooth phone settings Reset the phone. Start GadgetBridge and locate the bracelet. If GadgetBridge does not find the bracelet, repeat the procedure.

You have to try it again, in the end you will succeed. A factory reset would solve this immediately, but it is not necessary. Remove pairing from apps. Remove all Bluetooth pairings from the Bluetooth phone settings Reset the phone. Start GadgetBridge and locate the bracelet. If GadgetBridge does not find the bracelet, repeat the procedure.
Thanks, i got successful with that. But after done flashing with both .fw and .res file the band is stuck at (connect to app to update) screen and nothing else happen to band. Although, now i am able to connect to both Mi Fit and Gadget Bridge applications. Thanks. @rendal

rendal

Contributor
Thanks, i got successful with that. But after done flashing with both .fw and .res file the band is stuck at (connect to app to update) screen and nothing else happen to band. Although, now i am able to connect to both Mi Fit and Gadget Bridge applications. Thanks. @rendal
You have wrong versions between FW and RES, the versions of these files do not fit together, so the bracelet reports "connect to app to update".

spyrospal

Hello guys.several days I am trying to flash global firmware of amazfit gtr2e to cn version.
I manage to connect successfully the gtr2e to gadget bridge but The problem is that every file I am trying to flash to watch I get the error "element cannot be installed"
I have use all the files managers and several files but all gets me the error element cannot be installed
is anyone have any idea?
via notify and fitness I manage to install .FT and .resplease any help would be great full

Maddoctor

Hello guys.several days I am trying to flash global firmware of amazfit gtr2e to cn version.
I manage to connect successfully the gtr2e to gadget bridge but The problem is that every file I am trying to flash to watch I get the error "element cannot be installed"
I have use all the files managers and several files but all gets me the error element cannot be installed
is anyone have any idea?
via notify and fitness I manage to install .FT and .resplease any help would be great full
If you flash global firmare to cn, will brick the device. Better don't do it.

spyrospal

I don't care really, I just like to try.
My gtr2e has been soft bricked many times ,after flashing others roms.
I just like to overpass the problem of gadgetbridge ,
When opening the .FW file ,saying "element cannot be installed"
If someone can give me an advise please.
I really like to brick my device 🤣
How can I be able to flash the .FW through gadgetbridge bridge?
Should I edit the .FW? And if yes how??

Maddoctor

I don't care really, I just like to try.
My gtr2e has been soft bricked many times ,after flashing others roms.
I just like to overpass the problem of gadgetbridge ,
When opening the .FW file ,saying "element cannot be installed"
If someone can give me an advise please.
I really like to brick my device 🤣
How can I be able to flash the .FW through gadgetbridge bridge?
Should I edit the .FW? And if yes how??
Have you tried with notify?

Trusted Store

Members online

No members online now.

Our Telegram Channel

Which color of official strap would you like to buy for your Mi Band 3?

• Black

Votes: 2,154 52.8%
  • Deep Blue

Votes: 1,197 29.4%
  • Redish Orange

Votes: 726 17.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
careylui