Tutorial How to make weather notifications in Mi Band 3 in your language

Maddoctor

Since I see a lot of people asking how they can see the weather notifications in their language and this is set only from Mi Fit and not from the firmware, you must make some adjustments to the mi fit you are using.

1. You will have to download the APK Editor from Google Playstore - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gmail.heagoo.apkeditor
2. Install the program and run it.

3. We choose Select Apk from App and we see a list of all apps installed in our mobile. Write Mi Fit

4. We click on it and from the menu that appears we choose Full Edit

5. After that we will see many commands in your language. Here is in Greek

6. We click where it says your language and choose Default.

7. You will have to go way down the list, almost near the end to find the commands that are the notifications

8. The commands that must be changed are these:
<string name="weather">Weather</string>
<string name="weather_cloudy">Cloudy</string>
<string name="weather_description">%1$s to %2$s</string>
<string name="weather_extra_fog">Heavy fog</string>
<string name="weather_extra_heavy_fog">Severe fog</string>
<string name="weather_extra_rainstorm">Heavy rainstorm</string>
<string name="weather_floating_dust">Dust</string>
<string name="weather_fog">Fog</string>
<string name="weather_freezing_rain">Freezing rain</string>
<string name="weather_hail">Hail</string>
<string name="weather_haze">Haze</string>
<string name="weather_heavy_fog">Dense fog</string>
<string name="weather_heavy_haze">Strong haze</string>
<string name="weather_heavy_rain">Heavy rainfall</string>
<string name="weather_heavy_rain_to_rainstorm">Heavy rain to rainstorm</string>
<string name="weather_heavy_rainstorm">Downpour</string>
<string name="weather_heavy_sand_and_dust_storm">Strong sandstorm</string>
<string name="weather_heavy_snow">Heavy snow</string>
<string name="weather_heavy_snow_to_snowstorm">Heavy to blizzard</string>
<string name="weather_heavy_to_extra_rainstorm">Downpour to heavy rainstorm</string>
<string name="weather_large_fog">Thick fog</string>
<string name="weather_light_rain">Light rain</string>
<string name="weather_light_snow">Light snow</string>
<string name="weather_light_to_moderate_rain">Light to moderate rain</string>
<string name="weather_light_to_moderate_snow">Light to moderate snow</string>
<string name="weather_moderate_haze">Moderate haze</string>
<string name="weather_moderate_rain">Moderate rain</string>
<string name="weather_moderate_snow">Moderate snow</string>
<string name="weather_moderate_to_heavy_rain">Moderate to heavy rain</string>
<string name="weather_moderate_to_heavy_snow">Moderate to heavy snow</string>
<string name="weather_normal_to_heavy_rainstorm">Rainstorm to downpour</string>
<string name="weather_overcast">Overcast</string>
<string name="weather_rain">Rain</string>
<string name="weather_rainstorm">Rainstorm</string>
<string name="weather_sand_blowing">Windy</string>
<string name="weather_sand_dust_storm">Sand storm</string>
<string name="weather_severe_haze">Severe haze</string>
<string name="weather_shower">Shower</string>
<string name="weather_sleet">Rain and snow mixed</string>
<string name="weather_snow">Snow</string>
<string name="weather_snow_shower">Snow shower</string>
<string name="weather_snowstorm">Blizzard</string>
<string name="weather_sunny">Clear</string>
<string name="weather_thunder_shower">Thunderstorm</string>
<string name="weather_unkonwn">No data</string>
You change ONLY the words in bold in the code above and nothing else. After you have finished, you press Build which is at the top right side of your screen and wait till you see that everything has finished and you can install it. Press install and you are ready. Now the notifications will be in your language.

Update: In 3.4.4 you must delete all chinese values folders (4 in number) to work this trick or you will see a single ? To do so, you go to the second option, files, you scroll down to the marked folders, you choose them and only these and you delete them. After again you press build and install in the end.

In case you want the notifications only in english, and you don't want to do all these, you can also download Mi Fit 3.4.4 GR International from my site.

Last edited:
Hey Maddoctor, thanks for the guide!
Though it seems like a temporary solution to the problem. In case if somebody didn't know: there's a MIUI Apps (Mi Fit included) translation project going on at Crowdin, just search for it. This is a huge platform for software localization. So if somebody wants to contribute to the whole Xiaomi ecosystem translation and use it in your mother tongue, then you are welcome there as well!

Maddoctor

Hey Maddoctor, thanks for the guide!
Though this seems like a temporary solution to the problem. In case if somebody didn't know: there's a MIUI Apps (Mi Fit included) translation project on Crowdin, just search for it. This is a huge platform for software localization. So if somebody wants to contribute to the whole Xiaomi ecosystem translation and use it in your mother tongue, then you are welcome there as well!
The only thing is that I have these commands translated in values-el, but don't show up at mi band 3. Only if they exist in the main folder values, in strings.xml, you can see them in your band. So I don't know how this project can help in this specific problem!?

Since I see a lot of people asking how they can see the weather notifications in their language and this is set only from Mi Fit and not from the firmware, you must make some adjustments to the mi fit you are using.
Hi Maddoctor!

You do not know how to extract and compress the .res file so that it can be used? I unpacked, redrawn the pictures, repacked it, but it does not work. I used python program for BIP clock, but I did not succeed.

Thanks

The only thing is that I have these commands translated in values-el, but don't show up at mi band 3. Only if they exist in the main folder values, in strings.xml, you can see them in your band. So I don't know how this project can help in this specific problem!?
Hmmm, that's really strange... This project is backed by the community from miui . com so I thought that it would be some kind of 'official'. I'm sorry to misinform someone. Probably the strings haven't been updated to the newest version yet or something. Well, I'll put that guessing game aside and thank you again for the guide. It seems like one of the most appropriate to solve the problem :)

Maddoctor

Hi Maddoctor!

You do not know how to extract and compress the .res file so that it can be used? I unpacked, redrawn the pictures, repacked it, but it does not work. I used python program for BIP clock, but I did not succeed.

Thanks
The guide is only for translating some strings of mi fit, not for editing res files.

Maddoctor

Hmmm, that's really strange... This project is backed by the community from miui . com so I thought that it would be some kind of 'official'. I'm sorry to misinform someone. Probably the strings haven't been updated to the newest version yet or something. Well, I'll put that guessing game aside and thank you again for the guide. It seems like one of the most appropriate to solve the problem :)
You can check my words. If the commands are changed, then I guess notifications can be shown and from the native strings file.

Kirill

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Hi Maddoctor!

Thanks
I will make tutorial soon

Hello, I modified the Mifit application by following the OK instructions, but after installing the modified MI Fit software I can not log in

After editing the weather into Czech and saving the following installation, it is not possible to log in to an account reporting an error :cry: I have a Huawei Nexus 6P pure Android Oreo 8.1

Maddoctor

After editing the weather into Czech and saving the following installation, it is not possible to log in to an account reporting an error :cry: I have a Huawei Nexus 6P pure Android Oreo 8.1
Did you try to log-in manually?

Yes, he attempted to run a gmail account, but without the result the error is repeated
I have also tried the same Greek version of the revised Greek version

Last edited:

Maddoctor

Yes, he attempted to run a gmail account, but without the result the error is repeated
I have also tried the same Greek version of the revised Greek version
So you tried and my version and you still cannot log-in? Try to do it with 4G, not wifi. Sometimes for some strange reason, cannot log-in with wifi

You can not sign in with a google account. Despite the xiaomi account goes through Facebook. And yes i tried 4G and wifi the same result

1. You will have to download the APK Editor from Google Playstore - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gmail.heagoo.apkeditor
2. Install the program and run it.
View attachment 262
3. We choose Select Apk from App and we see a list of all apps installed in our mobile. Write Mi Fit
View attachment 263
4. We click on it and from the menu that appears we choose Full Edit
View attachment 264
5. After that we will see many commands in your language. Here is in Greek
View attachment 265
6. We click where it says your language and choose Default.
View attachment 266
7. You will have to go way down the list, almost near the end to find the commands that are the notifications
View attachment 267
8. The commands that must be changed are these:

You change ONLY the words in bold in the code above and nothing else. After you have finished, you press Build which is at the top right side of your screen and wait till you see that everything has finished and you can install it. Press install and you are ready. Now the notifications will be in your language.

In case you want the notifications only in english, and you don't want to do all these, you can also download Mi Fit 3.4.2GR International from my site.
Dude I don't understand a thing on your website

Trusted Store

Members online

No members online now.

Our Telegram Channel

Which color of official strap would you like to buy for your Mi Band 3?

• Black

Votes: 2,154 52.8%
  • Deep Blue

Votes: 1,197 29.4%
  • Redish Orange

Votes: 726 17.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pipipupu