Tutorial How to modify Firmware file

So if I want to add language that don't have ASCII char, how should I do it? I am talking about Hebrew.
How do I make my Mi Band 3 show Hebrew and not English/other language.
I have Hebrew font and I'm able to see Hebrew notifications

dode86

Hi,

Can I use find & replace to translate from English to Romanian language? I have to put some 00 bites where is it necesary?

Last edited by a moderator:

dode86

Stop doing that, I bricked my Mi band3. Update successfully and after reboot didn't start.

The Notify&Fitness app sees the bracelet but it show the message that the bracelet has rejected the connection.
Now it's in the freezer, I'm trying to discharge the battery. Maybe I can do something to bring it to life....

xpaulos2

Developer
Contributor
Hi, I found in updating strings (Update, Updated, Update font...) not show characters: F, é, maybe other.
In other strings is all OK.
Im test translations instead English in English Bolt font and instead Polish in FW with set default Polish language.

Example:
show rissít for Frissítés
show rissítve for Frissítve
show Aktualizovan for Aktualizované

Im try old Slovak FW by Kirill and result is same not show full strings (show Aktualizovan for Aktualizované).
Question:
Is possible these strings use other font as normal strings?

Last edited:

MagicalUnicorn

Staff member
Developer
Hi,

Can I use find & replace to translate from English to Romanian language? I have to put some 00 bites where is it necesary?
Stop doing that, I bricked my Mi band3. Update successfully and after reboot didn't start.

The Notify&Fitness app sees the bracelet but it show the message that the bracelet has rejected the connection.
Now it's in the freezer, I'm trying to discharge the battery. Maybe I can do something to bring it to life....
Because you didn't respect rules...

I will not explain all again and again, so read the thread and posts for understand what's you did wrong. And compare size of your Modified Firmware with the Original.

MagicalUnicorn

Staff member
Developer
Hi, I found in updating strings (Update, Updated, Update font...) not show characters: F, é, maybe other.
In other strings is all OK.
Im test translations instead English in English Bolt font and instead Polish in FW with set default Polish language.

Example:
show rissít for Frissítés
show rissítve for Frissítve
show Aktualizovan for Aktualizované

Im try old Slovak FW by Kirill and result is same not show full strings (show Aktualizovan for Aktualizované).
Question:
Is possible these strings use other font as normal strings?
It's really strange, "F" and "é" aren't displayed, and "í" is displayed. I'm not sure it's related to the font.

rasooli72

Thanks @MagicalUnicorn . I want to translate firmware to Persian , and I want to translate over arabic language.
I have Questions :
I SHOULD translate ONLY over English?If I replace arabic language and go to the next lang or I have shorter translation , device will be break?
00 and 0000000000 are same?

Too many zeros!

Last edited:

xpaulos2

Developer
Contributor
Thanks @MagicalUnicorn . I want to translate firmware to Persian , and I want to translate over arabic language.
I have Questions :
I SHOULD translate ONLY over English?If I replace arabic language and go to the next lang or I have shorter translation , device will be break?

View attachment 3873
Too many zeros!
You can translate from Arabic, we use in Czech and Slovak translation from Polish. Set Arabic as the default language. The string starts at the specified address and ends with 00, characters after 00 and before the next string are skipped

rasooli72

You can translate from Arabic, we use in Czech and Slovak translation from Polish. Set Arabic as the default language. The string starts at the specified address and ends with 00, characters after 00 and before the next string are skipped
Thanks for answer.
How can I set arabic as default language?

njuman

What specific bytes need to be changed in the FW to set the default language?

Last edited:

recepzed

I modified a new firmware via orginal fw 2.3.0.2 ... after the loading new FW to my mi band 3 and its run.
But i connect it to mi fit app and than it is auto reloaded orjinal last firmware !
How do I prevent it ?:unsure:

xpaulos2

Developer
Contributor
I modified a new firmware via orginal fw 2.3.0.2 ... after the loading new FW to my mi band 3 and its run.
But i connect it to mi fit app and than it is auto reloaded orjinal last firmware !
How do I prevent it ?:unsure:
Change version in FW 2.3.0.2 to 2.3.0.6 and more, or use MiFit 3.5.8 and older

Trusted Store

Members online

No members online now.

Our Telegram Channel

Which color of official strap would you like to buy for your Mi Band 3?

• Black

Votes: 2,154 52.8%
  • Deep Blue

Votes: 1,197 29.4%
  • Redish Orange

Votes: 726 17.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
careylui