Tutorial How to save proper images for mi band 4 resources.

SARRAF

'How can you successfully save a png image for your custom resource even if you don't have photoshop?'
To create a custom resource for your mi band 4, all of the images in the resource folder must be a png-8 bit. otherwise, you may brick your band. But to save an image in png-8 form, you must have photoshop. So far I know, there isn't any other photo editor that gives you the option to do that.
So, how do I do it?
The answer is a png file compressor called Tiny PNG. It's not software. it's a website! And it's free!!
It compresses your png files to png 8-bit. You just have to drag and drop your images on the website and then download the zipped folder and extract the pictures. That's it! you can put up to 20 images at a time. If you want more, you have to have pro subscription. (But you can always reload the page and put another 20!)

(You can check if the downloaded image is png-8 bit or not. to do that, right-click on the image, go to properties, go to details and check if if says 8 bit just like here in the picture-)

The story of how I found it. (read if you have interest ๐Ÿ˜„)
"I found the answer to it a hard way. After I came to know that I need png8 images for my resources and that requires photoshop. I know that I can get a cracked version of photoshop, but I have already killed my computer once with hundreds of untrusted and cracked softwares. And that cost $275 to fix my computer. So, now I'm trying to avoid them as much as possible.
Anyways, after that, I tried a bunch of image editors. none of 'em had the option to save images for web. Then I found out, 'tinypng.com' (which I have used before) can do that! For free! The way it compresses the images is by converting the images into png-8 (reducing the number of colors) and eliminating unnecessary metadata."

So, you don't need to buy or install a cracked version of photoshop to create your own resource. Go with Tiny PNG!
Extra: To edit resources, I use- paint 3d
Photoscape X

(All from Microsoft store and all are free!)

Last edited:

SARRAF

Hey you can also use paint.net
It's a free software
Yeah, But I try to avoid download any software from internet unless I really have to.
And I've kinda got used to Photoscape. That's why I'm not trying anything else right now. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Trusted Store

Members online

Our Telegram Channel

Which color of official strap would you like to buy for your Mi Band 3?

• Black

Votes: 2,154 52.8%
  • Deep Blue

Votes: 1,197 29.4%
  • Redish Orange

Votes: 726 17.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pipipupu