Question MB4 NFC Language other Eng, China

dnee

Is MB4 NFC can show another language than English, Chinese lang?

Is MB4 NFC use the same firmware with Non-NFC version?

Thanks.

Mayank1234

No as the firmware is nfc version and it is for China only so you can't get more language except English and Chinese. The firmware is different as it has nfc in it but non-NFC firmware doesn't have nfc in it.You can't also change the firmware too.

MagicalUnicorn

Staff member
Developer
Is MB4 NFC can show another language than English, Chinese lang?

Is MB4 NFC use the same firmware with Non-NFC version?

Thanks.
By default Mi Band 4 NFC have only Chinese/English languages.

All 1.0.7.x CN/Global Firmwares work for Mi Band 4 NFC too and permit get all same languages than CN/Global Mi Band 4.

For newer Firmware versions I don't know, try and see.

ViBE

custom languages works on NFC atm the same as other variants.

ViBE

It can't set other language, How it work ?

First, I will trying to install 1.0.7.02, From this post

Xiaomi Mi Band 4 Official Firmwares | Xiaomi Mi Band 4 | GeekDoing
you can install latest 1.0.9.42 with whatever Mi Fit you use cause it's compatible and also possible to install custom languages on it or you can set already existing languages via modified Mi Fit. you have to install @MagicalUnicorn's modified Mi Fit.

otherwise with the original Mi Fit the NFC variant Band will act like this by default cause it's basically a "china only" device and the default language is chinese:

english phone language = english Band language
chinese phone language = chinese Band language
other phone language = chinese Band language

Last edited:

dnee

you can install latest 1.0.9.42 with whatever Mi Fit you use cause it's compatible and also possible to install custom languages on it or you can set already existing languages via modified Mi Fit. you have to install @MagicalUnicorn's modified Mi Fit.

otherwise with the original Mi Fit the NFC variant Band will act like this by default cause it's basically a "china only" device and the default language is chinese:

english phone language = english Band language
chinese phone language = chinese Band language
other phone language = chinese Band language
First I use Mi Band NFC with Modification MiFit with force Thai but it still english and China not show Thai alphabet.

ViBE

First I use Mi Band NFC with Modification MiFit with force Thai but it still english and China not show Thai alphabet.
i guess thai is blocked. it's in the resources but maybe it's blocked. i made a custom file based on the original translation. if you interested try to install it with Notify & Fitness for Mi Band.

Attachments

dnee

i guess thai is blocked. it's in the resources but maybe it's blocked. i made a custom file based on the original translation. if you interested try to install it with Notify & Fitness for Mi Band.
I will try. many thank.

Last edited:

ViBE

I have try and no luck. Still Chinese.
Thank you all.
that's strange cause i have an NFC variant and it works like a charm. try to force the language to polish with the modified Mi Fit. not thai cause if it's blocked it won't work.

Last edited:

dnee

that's strange cause i have an NFC variant and it works like a charm. try to force the language to polish with the modified Mi Fit. not thai cause if it's blocked it won't work.
After change to Polish, It's worked thank so much.

By the way I try to modify the menu language to Thai but it's not work.
Then I modify the language of Polish to English menu.
The result is:

- Notification with Thai is worked.
- Menu is English.

But It's doesn't make sense why it's block Thai on menu.

V92 - Resource_Polish to English menu.

Attachments

Last edited:

ViBE

After change to Polish, It's worked thank so much.

By the way I try to modify the menu language to Thai but it's not work.
Then I modify the language of Polish to English menu.
The result is:

- Notification with Thai is worked.
- Menu is English.

But It's doesn't make sense why it's block Thai on menu.

V92 - Resource_Polish to English menu.
not sure. maybe it's in a beta state. usually that's why they block it.

so if you install my custom file the menu is in english?

ViBE

It's blank no characters in menu.
not sure but now i have some time to test and tried out several methods and it works for me. please download this. then install it. it works only if the firmware is 1.0.9.42. thai, vietnamese and arabic worked for me. after you installed the file don't forget to remove Notify & Fitness for Mi Band cause language settings can stuck. then try to force thai/vietnamese/arabic via modified Mi Fit.

Attachments

dnee

not sure but now i have some time to test and tried out several methods and it works for me. please download this. then install it. it works only if the firmware is 1.0.9.42. thai, vietnamese and arabic worked for me. after you installed the file don't forget to remove Notify & Fitness for Mi Band cause language settings can stuck. then try to force thai/vietnamese/arabic via modified Mi Fit.

View attachment 10133
ok i will try tommorow.

ViBE

ok i will try tommorow.
don't waste your time. i was not enough careful. i basicaly tested on the global variant since all variants get the same firmware. the first firmware releases does not allow to change language on NFC variant. then the developers allowed but limits changed.

now it looks like the firmware allows languages but only the followings for the NFC variant:

english
french
german
italian
polish
russian
ukrainian

dnee

View attachment 10133
What model did you tested? Because I tested on my Mi Band 4 NFC [CN]. When I set Polish in Mi Fit mod but It's showed wrong language menu.

HW Version: 0.25.131.21
Firmware: 1.0.9.42

ViBE

first i tested a global and then NFC. global is not limited but NFC is limited atm. i thought the common firmware acts the same but still not.

Trusted Store

Members online

No members online now.

Our Telegram Channel

Which color of official strap would you like to buy for your Mi Band 3?

• Black

Votes: 2,154 52.8%
  • Deep Blue

Votes: 1,197 29.4%
  • Redish Orange

Votes: 727 17.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kratoz29