Question Mi Band 3 NFC to open doors?

ViBE

No, it says device error when you open the app(i dont know exactly in english cos i have it in a different language but must be something similar)
i figured out. that popup message means that the menu is disabled. if you installed the modded Mi Fit from that forum it hides xShadow menu till you not change english or italian. after you change the system language and start the application the hidden menu gladly appears. then you can set it to unlock NFC features. but not clear how it works in practice so i'm stucked now. and @riot is still not talkative as we see.... have no clue what's next.

I got English language on my phone and got "Unlock NFC" button set in xShadow menu but message that appears when I try to add access card is same as before on unmodified MiFit.

ViBE

I got English language on my phone and got "Unlock NFC" button set in xShadow menu but message that appears when I try to add access card is same as before on unmodified MiFit.
same here. so that's just one little step to the solution.

prixes

i use old mi fit mod for unlock nfc menu first, after that it require an chinese id card photo. I got photos from google and print it. Final, scan photos in mi fit (y)
I tried with like 20 Chinese id cards and it just failing.
Can you PM me with the card that you tried ?

Juaniyo

i use old mi fit mod for unlock nfc menu first, after that it require an chinese id card photo. I got photos from google and print it. Final, scan photos in mi fit (y)
No need to use that Mod version. I got access to the NFC menu in my Mi Band 4 following these steps:
- Signed up with a new account at xiaomi.com using my laptop.
- Chose China Mainland as a region (大陆地区).
- Unpaired and logged out from Mi Fit app.
- Logged out my Mi account in my phone.
- Logged in with my chinese account.
- Open Mi Fit
- Logged in with the chinese account.
- 'Create access card' menu is accesible now!

BUT, can't create any access card or Mi blank card because the app asks for a Chinese ID Card!!

Juaniyo

I dont know under which Circumstances the NFC Modul is activated but my Cards (ID/Credit) only can be read from an Active NFC Modul (Smartphone) when entered into Magnetic Field
Actually the NFC chip is deactivated until Mi Fit doesn't grant access. You can do it after verifying your Chinese ID. You can both clone your access card (Create access card option) or and create a Mi blank card, up to 5 cards. If you choose to create a Mi blank card, then you can use NFC tools or similar app to clone valid NFC chips.

This is only possible with unprotected cards (like parkings, bus...), Bank cards and encrypted cards are not supported. Not even with Mi Wallet app, it doesn't let you register non-Chinese bank cards to be used directly with your phone built-in NFC chip.

so, if I buy Mi band 4 NFC and pair it with china account, Can I create european uncrypted access card ? (gym, work)

Today, I "simulate" this card with phone and nfc card emulator.

Thanks

Juaniyo

so, if I buy Mi band 4 NFC and pair it with china account, Can I create european uncrypted access card ? (gym, work)

Today, I "simulate" this card with phone and nfc card emulator.

Thanks
Can't say yes. First u need to verify your Chinese ID on Mi Fit. And not all the NFC chips are supported.

I would ask the seller to mail a band with a Mi blank card already created. It should remained in the band even unpaired and paired with different Mi Account.

when you write "verify your Chinese ID" you mean that simply I should create new MI account with "china" region? If seller create only one "blank card" with china account, Can I add more cards?

Juaniyo

when you write "verify your Chinese ID" you mean that simply I should create new MI account with "china" region? If seller create only one "blank card" with china account, Can I add more cards?
I meant you also need to verify that you are Chinese with your ID card. Creating a Chinese account only unblocks the NFC menus in Mi Fit, but you still need to scan a valid Chinese ID. Have a look to the attachment.

:( very problem, so when you select china country, you have to insert "official document".
Does exists a workaround?

Juaniyo

:( very problem, so when you select china country, you have to insert "official document".
Does exists a workaround?
Not when you select China, but when you pretend to create a NFC card in thr band. So far, only way is to scan a Chinese ID card, do you have a Chinese friend? Otherwise some ppl said they got to make it work with a printed fake ID.

Juaniyo

so, you are in this situation? you have mi band 4 with china account? but you cannot add nfc tag?
After many attemps I finally got to register a valid ID and now have 2 NFC cards working into my Mi Band 4. You can choose the one you want to use directly in the band :)

Juaniyo

Then try to unpair your number from your current account and use it to sign up in the Chinese

Trusted Store

Members online

Our Telegram Channel

Which color of official strap would you like to buy for your Mi Band 3?

• Black

Votes: 2,154 52.8%
  • Deep Blue

Votes: 1,197 29.4%
  • Redish Orange

Votes: 726 17.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pipipupu