Tutorial How to install Firmware/Resources/Font

MagicalUnicorn

Staff member
Developer
How to install Firmware/Resources/Font ?
(At your own risk... We aren't responsible for bricked devices and we won't help in case of other problems)

STEP 1
For Stable/BETA Firmware/Resources/Font:
⤳ Download the Stable/BETA Firmware you want, the Resources and the Font (only if it's different to your current Resources/Font version !!!) corresponding to the choosed Firmware version.

For Custom Resources/Font:
⤳ Download the custom Resources/Font. Be sure the version correspond to your current Firmware version!

STEP 2
For Firmware versions different than latest Stable Firmware version only!
If you only want install a custom Resources/Font, go to STEP 3.
⤳ Download "Mi Fit *.*.* - All in One" from "Modified Mi Fit *.*.* - All in One" sticked thread in Mi Fit section.
Uninstall your current Mi Fit application if you don't already have one of my Modified Mi Fit installed, else installation will fail!
⤳ Install the Modified Mi Fit downloaded. Log in with Mi Account! Don't forget give all permissions to Mi Fit applications (Automatic start, Notification access...)!

STEP 3
For Stable/BETA Firmware installation, install Firmware in first, then Resources!
⤳ Install Notify for Mi Band : Google Play Store | APKMirror.
⤳ Enable the GPS and open Notify and Fitness.
⤳ Allow the localization access authorization and pair your Mi Band 4.
⤳ Pass all steps and pass "Notifications access" authorization.
⤳ Expand the menu with icon at left top, and go in "Settings".
⤳ Scroll down in "Basics" tab, and at "Mi Band firmware version" tap on "Update".
⤳ Accept the required authorization.
⤳ Tap on "Choose file" button and select the Firmware/Resources/Font file.
⤳ Tap on "Start update".
⤳ After update the Mi Band will reboot (Firmware only).
⤳ Mi Fit will connect automatically at your Mi Band.
⤳ Uninstall Notify for Mi Band.

Tutorial in pictures
How to install Firmware / Resource with Notify & Fitness (@Mr_BananaPants).

Videos tutorial
How to flash custom resource files (@Dobsgw).
How To Flash Firmware And Resources (@rohitrajhaz).

Post only in English, else it will be deleted.

Last edited:

mccurly

EDIT---
I think I know where I made the mistake.
I did not use the "no upgrade" Mi Fit version 4.0.10 from you @MagicalUnicorn I am going to use it now and then I will post back.

Sorry for the "bad"...

Cheers.

---

Hi,

I tried to update the firmware to latest beta 1.0.7.10.

But once the process finished with N&F, your modded version 4.0.10 (previously installed) came into play and reverted back to 1.0.6.16.

Can you please give some pointers to solve this?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

mccurly

Hello again,

I almost got to succeeding in updating to 1.0.7.10...

But, after flashing the firmware in N&F the band presented the locked message that urged to reconnect to mi fit again, and that wouldn't happen with the modded version from @MagicalUnicorn. Had to reinstall the official app and at the moment the official MiFit version is proceeding with the 3 stage installation of fonts resources and firmware. I think that it's regressing to where I was in the beginning...

Unfortunately it's not going to happen the update to 1.0.7.10... :(

MagicalUnicorn

Staff member
Developer
Hello again,

I almost got to succeeding in updating to 1.0.7.10...

But, after flashing the firmware in N&F the band presented the locked message that urged to reconnect to mi fit again, and that wouldn't happen with the modded version from @MagicalUnicorn. Had to reinstall the official app and at the moment the official MiFit version is proceeding with the 3 stage installation of fonts resources and firmware. I think that it's regressing to where I was in the beginning...

Unfortunately it's not going to happen the update to 1.0.7.10... :(
After flash Firmware 1.0.7.10, have you flash Resources v66 ?
By the way you must use Modified Mi Fit "No update" version if you don't want Mi Fit revert to latest Stable Firmware (1.0.6.16).

mccurly

Hello @MagicalUnicorn , I was using that "no update" version that you were talking about...

And the resources file that I tried to flash and that succeeded with the N&F app was version 68 not version 66. Does it matter? 🤔

The procedure was (if I can recall it correctly) flashing all the latest FW, RES, and font files (in that same order) which ended up with the locked message in mi band 4 that forced me to reconnect to mi fit app. And this mi fit app that was already installed was yours, the latest no update all languages 4.0.10 v2. So I had to uninstall it and fetch the official one from play store that somehow managed to restore mi band 4 to a working state that it's in at the present time, although by reinstalling to the previous (stable) version of 1.0.6.16.

By the way, would there be any chance to make the band present the ⇊⇈ characters in its notifications?

Currently it transforms them into the "infamous" ?? chars.

When using Tibor Borso's Mi Bandage app I was able to swap each occurrence of those double arrows with two occurrences of one single arrow.

Does anyone know if I can achieve that same thing with N&F?

The reasons I ask that question are that I have a notification from an app that sometimes uses those double arrows, and apparently that swapping feature is not available at the moment with N&F as it is with Mi Bandage. Against Mi Bandage, I must say that it doesn't have as many possibilities with the mi band 4 touch as N&F...

So I am somehow stuck between choosing N&F (for its touching features) and Mi Bandage (for its effectiveness in the ability to swap notification chars before they present themselves in mi band 4 as those garbled question marks)

Thank you all

MagicalUnicorn

Staff member
Developer
Hello @MagicalUnicorn , I was using that "no update" version that you were talking about...

And the resources file that I tried to flash and that succeeded with the N&F app was version 68 not version 66. Does it matter? 🤔

The procedure was (if I can recall it correctly) flashing all the latest FW, RES, and font files (in that same order) which ended up with the locked message in mi band 4 that forced me to reconnect to mi fit app. And this mi fit app that was already installed was yours, the latest no update all languages 4.0.10 v2. So I had to uninstall it and fetch the official one from play store that somehow managed to restore mi band 4 to a working state that it's in at the present time, although by reinstalling to the previous (stable) version of 1.0.6.16.

By the way, would there be any chance to make the band present the ⇊⇈ characters in its notifications?

Currently it transforms them into the "infamous" ?? chars.

When using Tibor Borso's Mi Bandage app I was able to swap each occurrence of those double arrows with two occurrences of one single arrow.

Does anyone know if I can achieve that same thing with N&F?

The reasons I ask that question are that I have a notification from an app that sometimes uses those double arrows, and apparently that swapping feature is not available at the moment with N&F as it is with Mi Bandage. Against Mi Bandage, I must say that it doesn't have as many possibilities with the mi band 4 touch as N&F...

So I am somehow stuck between choosing N&F (for its touching features) and Mi Bandage (for its effectiveness in the ability to swap notification chars before they present themselves in mi band 4 as those garbled question marks)

Thank you all
You must install Resources v66 with Firmware 1.0.7.10. There is one file in Mega and one thread in GeekDoing to know what Resources you must use with each Firmware.

About your notification problem, please open a thread, here isn:t the ppace for that.

mccurly

You must install Resources v66 with Firmware 1.0.7.10. There is one file in Mega and one thread in GeekDoing to know what Resources you must use with each Firmware.

About your notification problem, please open a thread, here isn:t the ppace for that.
Ok. Thank you for the heads on regarding the issues that I've reported.

Regarding your advice on the notification chars issue I have just done what you've said

Link to the thread that I started just now.

Thank you again.

Cheers.

mccurly

Ok. Thank you for the heads on regarding the issues that I've reported.

Regarding your advice on the notification chars issue I have just done what you've said

Link to the thread that I started just now.

Thank you again.

Cheers.

Following @MagicalUnicorn advice, the process of updating to latest beta 1.0.7.10 finally went through.

About the chars support issue, a dev/support fellow back at N&F accepted the request to add up the swapping workaround that I was talking about on the other thread I started with the link above.

Thank you very much for all your heads up @MagicalUnicorn !

Cheers.

I want to flash a custom resource on my mi band 4.. Correct me if I'm wrong:
1. My firmware version is 1.06.16. So according to hardware variants mine is v62.
2. Now I got one resource, so i just have to download that and flash it using notify and fitness..

-Do I have to install modified mi fit app??
-Do I have to flash any firmware before flashing the resource??

MagicalUnicorn

Staff member
Developer
I want to flash a custom resource on my mi band 4.. Correct me if I'm wrong:
1. My firmware version is 1.06.16. So according to hardware variants mine is v62.
2. Now I got one resource, so i just have to download that and flash it using notify and fitness..

-Do I have to install modified mi fit app??
-Do I have to flash any firmware before flashing the resource??
If it's Resources v62 yes.

Hey there,
I have the CN version with the firmware 1.0.6.16.
Is there a way to get rid of alipay from this firmware? Can someone help me with this. Thanks :)

Semper5

Ok I managed to get everything good even past installing BETA 1.0.9.20.

Now it won't let me use the band at all! Mi Fit (MagicalUnicorn version) keeps saying i have to update back to the stable. and even when i click update, it does nothing. so now my band just says Connect to Mi Fit to update again

MagicalUnicorn

Staff member
Developer
Ok I managed to get everything good even past installing BETA 1.0.9.20.

Now it won't let me use the band at all! Mi Fit (MagicalUnicorn version) keeps saying i have to update back to the stable. and even when i click update, it does nothing. so now my band just says Connect to Mi Fit to update again
You must install Resources required by your Firmware version.

If you want return to latest Stable Firmware, enable OTA update in Settings menu in my Modified Mi Fit, then when you will click on update it will work :).

Trusted Store

Members online

No members online now.

Our Telegram Channel

Which color of official strap would you like to buy for your Mi Band 3?

• Black

Votes: 2,154 52.8%
  • Deep Blue

Votes: 1,197 29.4%
  • Redish Orange

Votes: 726 17.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
careylui