Tutorial Mi Band 4/5 | How to modify Font file

pizarro77

Hi guys, I'm new, I tried to use this guide but I can't in any way install the pillow. Then I didn't understand if the font files are already modified (enlarged) or I have to do it after installing everything. Thanks for the help.

BaraCuda

How to modify Mi Band 4 Font file ?
(At your own risk... We aren't responsible for bricked devices and we won't help in case of other problems)

You don't understand the instructions or you never used CMD/Terminal, use your web browser or don't use the tool.
No question about CMD/Terminal

IMPORTANT
In the decompiled Font folders, edit all pictures you want.
Do NOT add/delete any picture !
★ Do NOT change size of pictures !

STEP 1
⤳ Download the zip archive : Mi Band 4 - Font modification (tool from Github).
⤳ Extract files from .zip archive where you want (Archive contain the tool, the two official fonts (v1 & v2 Beta), and the custom Font with emoticons support from MyAmazfit).

STEP 2
★ Install Python :
⤳ Command (Terminal) : sudo apt-get install python3.
⤳ Download Python : python.org (Click on the version you want, scroll down and choose "Windows x86-64 executable installer").
⤳ Execute the downloaded file and don't forget check "Add Python to PATH" at installation !

STEP 3
★ Install Pillow:
⤳ Command (Terminal) : sudo apt-get install python3-pil.
★ If you installed Python 3.8.0 :
⤳ Download "Pillow-6.2.0-cp38-cp38-win_amd64.whl" : Pillow.
⤳ Command (CMD) : pip install Pillow-6.2.0-cp38-cp38-win_amd64.whl.

★ If you installed an older Python version than 3.8.0 :
⤳ Command (CMD) : pip install Pillow.

STEP 4
★ Unpack/Pack your Mi Band 4 Font file :
★ Unpack :
⤳ Command (Terminal) : ./mb4.py unpack Mili_cinco.ft.

★ Pack :
⤳ Command (Terminal) : ./mb4.py pack Mili_cinco.ft.
★ Unpack :
⤳ Command (CMD) : python mb4.py unpack Mili_cinco.ft.

★ Pack :
⤳ Command (CMD) : python mb4.py pack Mili_cinco.ft.

No question about CMD/Terminal

Post only in English, else it will be deleted.
I can't unpack file. I had "bash: ./mb4.py: No such file or directory" problem but I downloaded font files from your link and unzip on desktop. I use Linux.

I created BMP font creator program in PHP language.
This will create font from TTF (font file) to 1bit Bitmap.

View attachment 7710
after hours of dealing with XAMPP, I finally converted a ttf font to bmp files, thanks a million for this useful application, (checked out the codes too, amazing job ! )

so now I have one question, in the file "font_array.txt", if we add other characters for other languages and their specific codes, then we can be able to convert any ttf file for any language to bmp files, correct ?

dnee

after hours of dealing with XAMPP, I finally converted a ttf font to bmp files, thanks a million for this useful application, (checked out the codes too, amazing job ! )

so now I have one question, in the file "font_array.txt", if we add other characters for other languages and their specific codes, then we can be able to convert any ttf file for any language to bmp files, correct ?
Yes.

there's only one problem,
this text file is LTR, and when you try to write Persian/Arabic/Hebrew characters on it, it gets mixed up and it won't create working bmp files.

can you make it work for other languages too ?
maybe developing a simple UI to write UTF-8 codes and numbers and also the character inside it
in a txt files, writing RTL characters next to LTR characters, mixes everything up

dnee

there's only one problem,
this text file is LTR, and when you try to write Persian/Arabic/Hebrew characters on it, it gets mixed up and it won't create working bmp files.

can you make it work for other languages too ?
maybe developing a simple UI to write UTF-8 codes and numbers and also the character inside it
in a txt files, writing RTL characters next to LTR characters, mixes everything up
Could you give me 4-5 charactor for testing it?

dnee

I try to add your character and don't modify any code. It's can generate font without problem or I understand wrong.

nilanko

I created BMP font creator program in PHP language.
This will create font from TTF (font file) to 1bit Bitmap.

View attachment 7710
This seems interesting but don't have the expertise to use it. I hate the notifications font (which is also used in other places like weather place name, etc) but the default UI font is fine. Do you guys have any font packs made using this tool that you could share? I think any replacement will do because the notifications font is just hideous.

This seems interesting but don't have the expertise to use it. I hate the notifications font (which is also used in other places like weather place name, etc) but the default UI font is fine. Do you guys have any font packs made using this tool that you could share? I think any replacement will do because the notifications font is just hideous.
I will create a tutoring how to use it.

papercore

Packing Mili_cinco_emoticons_accents.ft
len_bmps_files:5a09
len_bmps should be:19ac91
len_bmps:19ac91
len_header:7c6

What should i do?

MagicalUnicorn

Staff member
Developer

SARRAF

Please add the detail that you have to move the file that is inside the extracted folder to (C:)/users/User

GfxBro

This is fon't working for me, can't install "Pillow", after manual unpack to Python, provided script can't work. Could you provide unpacked font, please?

nirh216

IMPORTANT

so what is edit means?...
Also, what is the filenames stands for?
how can I add hebrew to the font (I think it's already there but I cca't really choose it, band still in English)

Chargez

IMPORTANT

Also, what is the filenames stands for?
how can I add hebrew to the font (I think it's already there but I cca't really choose it, band still in English)

Edit means that we have to edit the images like we do for customizing resources^^.(you will not understand until you know the basics of them;)
-------------
I cca't really choose it, band still in English)

you have to forces language to herbew(or in short on the language file the developer has changed the lang. to herbew:).

Trusted Store

Members online

Our Telegram Channel

Which color of official strap would you like to buy for your Mi Band 3?

• Black

Votes: 2,154 52.8%
  • Deep Blue

Votes: 1,197 29.4%
  • Redish Orange

Votes: 726 17.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
careylui