Tutorial Mi Band 4 - How to modify Watchfaces files

MagicalUnicorn

Staff member
Developer
How to modify Watchfaces files ?
(At your own risk... We aren't responsible for bricked devices and we won't help in case of other problems)

Required
MiBandWFTool (By lvpokka).

Description
PaletteImageMode :
⤳ Can be used if images having 5-10 colors.
⤳ Uses picture palette, in some cases could reduce pack weight.
⤳ Create file raw.cfg with content 1,4,2,5,66 (near .json) to force raw image mode for selected image IDs in raw.cfg.
⤳ Will compress images if it's not fitting in 254 color palette.

RawImageMode :
⤳ Can provide more quality for image.
⤳ Normally working with 32&16bit images, raw look. Can greatly increase the size of the build.

Tutorial
Download the tool (at the beginning of the thread) and unzip it.
Open PaletteImageMode or RawImageMode folder (read Description to know difference between them).
Drag and drop Watchface file (filename.bin) on "WatchFace.exe" (Terminal will open and close).
A new folder will be created in folder than contain your Watchface file, it's the decompiled Watchface.
In the decompiled Watchface folder, edit all pictures you want. You can also edit the .json file, remove and add pictures, etc...
When you have finished, drag and drop the .json file on "WatchFace.exe" (Terminal Window will open and close).
Some new files will appear, a log file, one animated preview picture, one static preview picture and the most interesting, your packed Watchface (filename_packed.bin).

You can share your Watchfaces here : Watchfaces:) !

FAQ
Mi Fit
⤳ In Mi Fit Application go in "Profile" -> "Mi Smart Band 4" -> "Store".
⤳ In "Store" tab tap on a Watchface.
Disable Bluetooth.
⤳ Tap on "Sync watch face" button.
⤳ Open your Files Application and go in "Android" -> "data" -> "com.xiaomi.hm.health" -> "files" -> "watch_skin_local".
⤳ Open the Watchface folder (for me "3twFUMCxR5hTSN2f00GPgszD2xzOfz01MU6QlONk") and replace the .bin file by your Custom Watchface (don't forget to rename it like the Official Watchface .bin file, for me "3twFUMCxR5hTSN2f00GPgszD2xzOfz01MU6QlONk.bin" !).
Enable Bluetooth.
⤳ Return in Mi Fit Application and go again in "Profile" -> "Mi Smart Band 4" -> "Store".
⤳ In "Manager" tab tap on Watchface previously downloaded then on "Sync watch face" button.
Be happy 😊 !

Notify & Fitness for Mi Band
Install Notify & Fitness for Mi Band.

Method 01 :
⤳ In Notify & Fitness for Mi Band tap on "Settings" button at top right.
⤳ In "Watchfaces" tab scroll at bottom and tap on "Custom watch-face (.bin)".
⤳ Find your Custom Watchface file and tap on it to select it.
⤳ Tap on "Start update" button.
Be happy 😊 !

Method 02 :
⤳ Find your Custom Watchface file and tap on it (in your file Explorer or Telegram for example).
⤳ In "Open with" menu, tap on "Update watchface" option from Notify & Fitness for Mi Band.
Be happy 😊 !
⤳ Open the .log file generated during compilation and scroll at the end of the file to know the error.

If you used RawImageMode and get this error :
Code:
Fatal|[ERROR] Watchface is greater than 321kb, it will not be accepted by Mi Band 4, please reduce size! Current size:566kb.
Fatal|System.ArgumentException: [ERROR] Watchface is greater than 321kb, it will not be accepted by Mi Band 4, please reduce size! Current size:566kb.
⤳ Use PaletteImageMode.

Post only in English, else it will be deleted.

Attachments

Last edited:

SARRAF

Thanks a lot. It worked. But how to edit the whole resource?
I'm trying to edit a whole resource.:(

Last edited:

MagicalUnicorn

Staff member
Developer
Thread updated :) !

★ Older tool replaced by a newer and better.
★ FAQ added.

Hello. I was wondering if it´s possible to do something like this: https://www.reddit.com/r/miband/comments/emszed
I mean, I'm the one who suggested that should be possible to have 2 "Minutes" with different images, one counting up and other counting down. Is it really possible? I'm trying to do this watchface, but it's not working the way I thought.

If anyone knows if it's possible, could you tell me plz? If it's not possible, I'll change the plan. Thank you :)

----------------

EDIT: sorry guys, I got the amaztool em decompiled the watchface to see what he made.
Used this program: Amazfit watchfaces Tool - Amazfit Watch faces
Decompiled this watchface: «Class Time v1.4 (Minutes countdown)» by Gruodis - Amazfit Bip / Bip Lite | AmazFit, Xiaomi, Honor, Huawei Watch faces catalog

I'm sorry if it's not appropriate to the topic

Last edited:
(At your own risk... We aren't responsible for bricked devices and we won't help in case of other problems)

Required

Description
PaletteImageMode :
⤳ Create file raw.cfg with content 1,4,2,5,66 (near .json) to force raw image mode for selected image IDs in raw.cfg.

RawImageMode :
⤳ Normally working with 32&16bit images, raw look. Can greatly increase the size of the build.

Tutorial
Open PaletteImageMode or RawImageMode folder (read Description to know difference between them).
Drag and drop Watchface file (filename.bin) on "WatchFace.exe" (Terminal will open and close).
A new folder will be created in folder than contain your Watchface file, it's the decompiled Watchface.
In the decompiled Watchface folder, edit all pictures you want. You can also edit the .json file, remove and add pictures, etc...
When you have finished, drag and drop the .json file on "WatchFace.exe" (Terminal Window will open and close).
Some new files will appear, a log file, one animated preview picture, one static preview picture and the most interesting, your packed Watchface (filename_packed.bin).

FAQ
Mi Fit
Disable Bluetooth.
⤳ Open your Files Application and go in "Android" -> "data" -> "com.xiaomi.hm.health" -> "files" -> "watch_skin_local".
⤳ Open the Watchface folder (for me "3twFUMCxR5hTSN2f00GPgszD2xzOfz01MU6QlONk") and replace the .bin file by your Custom Watchface (don't forget to rename it like the Official Watchface .bin file, for me "3twFUMCxR5hTSN2f00GPgszD2xzOfz01MU6QlONk.bin" !).
Enable Bluetooth.
⤳ Return in Mi Fit Application and go again in "Profile" -> "Mi Smart Band 4" -> "Store".
⤳ In "Manager" tab tap on Watchface previously downloaded then on "Sync watch face" button.
Be happy 😊 !

Method 01 :
Be happy 😊 !

Method 02 :
⤳ Find your Custom Watchface file and tap on it (in your file Explorer or Telegram for example).
⤳ In "Open with" menu, tap on "Update watchface" option from Notify & Fitness for Mi Band.
Be happy 😊 !
⤳ Open the .log file generated during compilation and scroll at the end of the file to know the error.

Code:
Fatal|[ERROR] Watchface is greater than 321kb, it will not be accepted by Mi Band 4, please reduce size! Current size:566kb.
Fatal|System.ArgumentException: [ERROR] Watchface is greater than 321kb, it will not be accepted by Mi Band 4, please reduce size! Current size:566kb.
⤳ Use PaletteImageMode.

:mad::mad: The zip File is Infected by Virus
Virus Name : Trojan.GenericKD.34443876[ZP](DB)

MagicalUnicorn

Staff member
Developer
:mad::mad: The zip File is Infected by Virus
Virus Name : Trojan.GenericKD.34443876[ZP](DB)
False positive... It's safe.
By the way it not come from my .zip but .exe in zip. You can download from original link it will be same :).

Also, normally it's only with WFPreview.exe from Mi Band 5 Watchface Tool, with Mi Band 4 Watchface Tool no "virus" detected.

False positive... It's safe.
By the way it not come from my .zip but .exe in zip. You can download from original link it will be same :).

Also, normally it's only with WFPreview.exe from Mi Band 5 Watchface Tool, with Mi Band 4 Watchface Tool no "virus" detected.
Ok Sry.

Required

Description
PaletteImageMode :

RawImageMode :

Tutorial

FAQ
Mi Fit
Disable Bluetooth.
Enable Bluetooth.
Be happy 😊 !

Method 01 :
Be happy 😊 !

Method 02 :
Be happy 😊 !

Code:
⤳ Use PaletteImageMode.

Are there any specific dimensions for the images we use in our Custom Watch Faces? ? How to create the images which we will use in our Custom Watch Faces??

Are there any specific dimensions for the images we use in our Custom Watch Faces? ? How to create the images which we will use in our Custom Watch Faces??
no there are no specific dimensions for the images. you just have to make sure that your entire watchface will fir in 120 by 240 pixels so you should keep images small. you can use any program such as krita photoshop or ms paint.

Trusted Store

Members online

Our Telegram Channel

Which color of official strap would you like to buy for your Mi Band 3?

• Black

Votes: 2,154 52.8%
  • Deep Blue

Votes: 1,197 29.4%
  • Redish Orange

Votes: 726 17.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
careylui