Question Mi Band 4 NFC version files

Does anyone have Mi Band 4 NFC version resource file ?, is it even possible to install Non-NFC MB4 resource file on the NFC version?

What about firmware ?, I heard that 1.0.7.02 and 1.0.7.04 Non-NFC firmwares can be installed on NFC version too, is this true?

ViBE

dude, that's not something unique. some firmwares are universal some not. depends on the development. 1.07.14 and 1.07.44 are also universal. but the only sign of it is the bigger file size.

dude, that's not something unique. some firmwares are universal some not. depends on the development. 1.07.14 and 1.07.44 are also universal. but the only sign of it is the bigger file size.
by universal you mean usable by both NFC and Non-NFC?

NiTroGen

AFAIK, all firmwares can be installed on both the NFC and non-NFC bands. But the latest public firmware is not the same for these devices. You can use a non-OTA MiFit version and have any firmware you want to your device (NFC or not). And of course you need to install the right resources for the firmware version. ;)

yes cause not all firmwares available for NFC variant. trust me, i have one and did a few test.
If you check the reply before you NiTroGen claims that all firmwares can be installed on NFC version too, I can test this, but is it possible to break the NFC MB4 by flashing 1.0.7.02 firmware?

ViBE

If you check the reply before you NiTroGen claims that all firmwares can be installed on NFC version too, I can test this, but is it possible to break the NFC MB4 by flashing 1.0.7.02 firmware?
again: i have a device. i can check and several firmwares was not available in the past for NFC hardware. Mi Fit warns when a firmware available but i hardly ever got any updates.

if you install manually a firmware which is not universal the band just stuck with the update but does not break gladly. it's a kind of linux system. i guess the update overwrite the system when a kind of routine ended with the newer firmware and then finalize.

1.0.7.02 is a beta but compatible. safe to use.

NiTroGen

yes cause not all firmwares available for NFC variant.
As you said, not all firmwares are available for the NFC, but that doesn't mean that the available firmwares for the non-NFC are not compatible with the NFC. ;)

And, no, you won't brick the NFC band by installing one of the latest firmwares. Just don't forget to also install the right resources!

ViBE

As you said, not all firmwares are available for the NFC, but that doesn't mean that the available firmwares for the non-NFC are not compatible with the NFC. ;)

And, no, you won't brick the NFC band by installing one of the latest firmwares. Just don't forget to also install the right resources!
avaliable = compatible in this case. but this is pointless. you can test your statement. universal firmwares usually around ~1,2MB. non-NFC firmwares around ~1MB. less code means less function.

again: i have a device. i can check and several firmwares was not available in the past for NFC hardware. Mi Fit warns when a firmware available but i hardly ever got any updates.

if you install manually a firmware which is not universal the band just stuck with the update but does not break gladly. it's a kind of linux system. i guess the update overwrite the system when a kind of routine ended with the newer firmware and then finalize.

1.0.7.02 is a beta but compatible. safe to use.
great, I got all the answers I needed, thanks to both of you 😘

Trusted Store

Members online

No members online now.

Our Telegram Channel

Which color of official strap would you like to buy for your Mi Band 3?

• Black

Votes: 2,154 52.8%
  • Deep Blue

Votes: 1,197 29.4%
  • Redish Orange

Votes: 727 17.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eldonITA00