News Mi Band 5 | Known features

Skyrider

Is it true that the Chinese variant of the mi band 5 does have the sp02 sensor, and the global one doesn't?

I've seen these claims twice today. But I don't really believe it. Just wanting to make sure.

Skyrider

Ya, sp02 has been in some devices for years. One of the unique things that can monitor your health in regards of covid 19, and they decide to leave it out.

cpoiret

The fact is that a photoplethysmogram biosensor can derive SpO2 metrics. Let's just hope that it'll come with OTA (like Huawei did for some of their Honor Band 5...) Unfortunately, it seems hard to implement, I read some reviews where SpO2 measures of IoT devices aren't really accurate/consistent. Maybe it's why we still don't have it?
However, if they enable it through software update on basic mi band 5, I clearly don't see the point of a pro version, beside international NFC 🤔

Miss_Danielle

The fact is that a photoplethysmogram biosensor can derive SpO2 metrics. Let's just hope that it'll come with OTA (like Huawei did for some of their Honor Band 5...)
However, if they enable it through software update on basic mi band 5, I clearly don't see the point of a pro version, beside international NFC 🤔
There won't be international NFC not in the way you are thinking anyway unless you live in Russia

cpoiret

So if there is no NFC in the possible mi band 5 pro, I really want to see what they'll implement to make it better than the MB5 basic 🤔 software improvements? Bezel-less display? 🤔 wait and see 😁

Skyrider

By the way.. I thought I somewhere read that the heart rate sensor will "disable" itself if you put it in a charger? It seems to be attempting to get my heartrate still.

ViBE

So if there is no NFC in the possible mi band 5 pro, I really want to see what they'll implement to make it better than the MB5 basic 🤔 software improvements? Bezel-less display? 🤔 wait and see 😁
i don't think so. i mean making a very different hardware does not makes sense. they have to make unique firmware then and they don't really want this. so if there are any chances that pro is not just a rumour but exist then it may have some different sensor and/or a different function. band 3 was a good example for this when they changed the sensor. then they made 3i too. all variants was very similar.

Maddoctor

Amazfit Band 6 or Mi Band 5 Pro, is expected to have all these missing features. The huawei band, the spO2, measures very accurate and I have compared it with my oxylometer that I use at the hospital were I work as a doctor. For me, if you want to buy something, best of all is the huawei, even from the now Mi Band 5. If and when 5 pro comes out, to see what exactly includes and we can speak again if I believe the same or not.

cpoiret

Amazfit Band 6 or Mi Band 5 Pro, is expected to have all these missing features. The huawei band, the spO2, measures very accurate and I have compared it with my oxylometer that I use at the hospital were I work as a doctor. For me, if you want to buy something, best of all is the huawei, even from the now Mi Band 5. If and when 5 pro comes out, to see what exactly includes and we can speak again if I believe the same or not.
Thanks for your advice, so maybe SpO2 has been improved on the Honor Band 5 through firmware update :) however, I'll go to a mi band 5, or 5 pro if we don't have to wait too much for a release...

tomerr

The Honor band spO2 measures may be accurate - but very inconsistent : let's say I get 86% result, I just restart the test and 5 seconds later I get 96-97%

GfxBro

So, today in my country one shop start selling Band 5 version "global".

What I saw on the box suggest it is Kongming L (poor version of Kongming) - mean no NFC (anyone knew that), but also NO oximeter (just pulsometer like in older bands) and no Alexa (probably anyone knew too). In 1 day promotion more expensive by 150% than Band 4, in regular sale more expensive by 200%!

cpoiret

So, today in my country one shop start selling Band 5 version "global".

What I saw on the box suggest it is Kongming L (poor version of Kongming) - mean no NFC (anyone knew that), but also NO oximeter (just pulsometer like in older bands) and no Alexa (probably anyone knew too). In 1 day promotion more expensive by 150% than Band 4, in regular sale more expensive by 200%!
Yep, exactly as announced 5 days ago :)

Mi Band 5 Global Might get Sp02 because in york (Global Variant) Has Sp02 Text And The Blood Image might be the Sp02 Logo ( I don't found any Sp02 Image) On KongMing (Chinese Variant). Mi Band 5 Global might also already have a microphone (Maybe not enabled for any reason). Just some theory from me discovering the resources lol. . Im hope there's not gonna be other variant of Mi Band 5 (Global) because that just take some times to make other variant and launch it again.

Last edited:

MagicalUnicorn

Staff member
Developer
Mi Band 5 Global Might get Sp02 because in york (Global Variant) Has Sp02 Text And The Blood Image might be the Sp02 Logo ( I don't found any Sp02 Image) On KongMing (Chinese Variant). Mi Band 5 Global might also already have a microphone (Maybe not enabled for any reason). Just some theory from me discovering the resources lol. View attachment 12402 View attachment 12403 View attachment 12404 . Im hope there's not gonna be other variant of Mi Band 5 (Global) because that just take some times to make other variant and launch it again.
It's in York Resources and known since long time ^^.

By saying it's in Mi Band 5 Global Resources you're wrong. It's in Mi Band 5 York (it's a Global version yes, but not the one already available).

Current Mi Band 5 Global (Kongming L) is exactly same as CN version (Kongming L), and use same Firmware than CN (Kongming L) & CN NFC (Kongming) versions.

It's in York Resources and known since long time ^^.

By saying it's in Mi Band 5 Global Resources you're wrong. It's in Mi Band 5 York (it's a Global version yes, but not the one already available).

Current Mi Band 5 Global (Kongming L) is exactly same as CN version (Kongming L), and use same Firmware than CN (Kongming L) & CN NFC (Kongming) versions.

So Right Now Mi Band 5 Global is the same as CN Ver. Do you think it will change to York Resources or it for The new variant maybe. Also CN NFC and Standard CN Is using same fw? (If you don't have any CN variant it's fine though =3= )

Trusted Store

Members online

No members online now.

Our Telegram Channel

Which color of official strap would you like to buy for your Mi Band 3?

• Black

Votes: 2,154 52.8%
  • Deep Blue

Votes: 1,197 29.4%
  • Redish Orange

Votes: 726 17.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
careylui