Question Mi Band 7 (L66 NFC) - Language change

GyTe

Dear all as per today firmware (1.16.07) I cannot switch language on mine L66 NFC (Chinese version not International). I've have only 4 options available (on oth phone and band) Chinese * 2, English and Follow phone's language. If I select follow phone language (even if my phone is in Italian) language on the smart band is set in English. I've checked the firmware file for 1.16.07 and I saw inside that Italian is available inside the resource directory (l66_1.16.0.11.zip\META\resources\locale\text\).

There's a method to switch or I've to wait the next release where even the NFC International is available?

Please let me know.

ViBE

no one can tells atm. region lock is a common solution for restrict the user and not let him/her to use the exact model outside that region. Xiaomi sometimes unlock this thing but it usually happens when the development ends and the actual band gets EOL. so it's up on Xiaomi. forcing works if the lock is not hardcoded. but usually it is. and since you cannot force flash the firmware manually you can't do nothing. the only hope is that Xiaomi one day unlock the region lock with a firmware update. so check the firmware updates frequently and test every time.

as far as we know you can't "convert" the region of a band.

GyTe

Thanks for your reply and explanation! To be honest this happened even to Mi Band 5 (Chinese version)... Same story of the languages but at the end I manage to downgrade to an old firmware (I've used AmazTool) that give me the possibility to set Italian using the option Follow phone's language. Future upgrade of the firmware (I mean the official one) didn't break this settings.

Anyway let wait and I'll keep you all informed in case of news.

P.S. As per now AmazTool isn't compatible with Mi Band 7 (At least on iPhone)

Maddoctor

You have Mi band 7 NFC!? Which app you use to connect? Mi fitness with China marked as country, doesn't find it. As for the language, Mi Band 7 cn or global, share the same firmware -

GyTe

You have Mi band 7 NFC!? Which app you use to connect? Mi fitness with China marked as country, doesn't find it. As for the language, Mi Band 7 cn or global, share the same firmware -
Yes I do have Mi Band 7 with NFC CN (bought from AliX). Personally I use Zepp Life, beside the language issue (I mean cannot switch to my preferred language), everything works fine!

Trusted Store

Members online

Our Telegram Channel

Which color of official strap would you like to buy for your Mi Band 3?

• Black

Votes: 2,154 52.8%
  • Deep Blue

Votes: 1,197 29.4%
  • Redish Orange

Votes: 726 17.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
careylui