Question Mifit and GPS problem on Redmi Note 8 Pro

Hi.

I sold redmi note 7 and I bough Redmi Note 8 Pro. I use mifit for mi band 4. I am often running so I turn on mifit and start training. When I finish I am usually surprised by maps in mifit. They show strange things like I was walking in triangles several times while I was just walking on a straight way. It was fine on redmi note 7

Any solutions?

MagicalUnicorn

Staff member
Developer
Hi.

I sold redmi note 7 and I bough Redmi Note 8 Pro. I use mifit for mi band 4. I am often running so I turn on mifit and start training. When I finish I am usually surprised by maps in mifit. They show strange things like I was walking in triangles several times while I was just walking on a straight way. It was fine on redmi note 7

Any solutions?

Have you tried set only GPS in GPS smartphone parameters (no GPS + Mobile Data) ?

Geoff

100% the same! If you do a workout (with Mi Fit), there is no GPS data and no map... but then opening the Google Fit app, the route and map appear perfectly. Try it. So until Xiaomi Fix the problem, the solution is to use Google Fit with your Mi Band 4. Go to Profile - Add accounts - and add Google fit, that should have appeared in the next menu.
By adding Google fit to the Mi Fit app, Mi fit then shares wrong GPS data and ruins maps, routes and distances on the Google Fit app. Sorry, it's not a solution!

Trusted Store

Members online

No members online now.

Our Telegram Channel

Which color of official strap would you like to buy for your Mi Band 3?

• Black

Votes: 2,154 52.8%
  • Deep Blue

Votes: 1,197 29.4%
  • Redish Orange

Votes: 727 17.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senjed_58