Question Multiple language notifications

donnell

I've been using Mi Band 3 for couple of months now and my experience is mostly positive, but I have a unique problem (I think) and one of my friends suggested that I should try to ask you about it here.
Because of my work I receive notifications with different languages (English, German, Hungarian, Arabic and Persian) apart from English, the other languages have many different characters and also can be RTL or LTR. so my band notifications are ????? Icons most of the time and it's kind of useless to be honest.
I'm running stock firmware with the official Mi Fit app and everything, the default language is English.
What I'm trying to do is to find a way to have the notifications display the correct words instead of the???? While keep the interface language English (my phone language is also English).
I tried to find a solution to this without success.
I know this is very specific, but I was hoping by asking you folks here someone would be able to help me and maybe others with similar issues would find this useful as well.

I appreciate you taking the time to read this and would appreciate any help you can give!

MagicalUnicorn

Staff member
Developer
I've been using Mi Band 3 for couple of months now and my experience is mostly positive, but I have a unique problem (I think) and one of my friends suggested that I should try to ask you about it here.
Because of my work I receive notifications with different languages (English, German, Hungarian, Arabic and Persian) apart from English, the other languages have many different characters and also can be RTL or LTR. so my band notifications are ????? Icons most of the time and it's kind of useless to be honest.
I'm running stock firmware with the official Mi Fit app and everything, the default language is English.
What I'm trying to do is to find a way to have the notifications display the correct words instead of the???? While keep the interface language English (my phone language is also English).
I tried to find a solution to this without success.
I know this is very specific, but I was hoping by asking you folks here someone would be able to help me and maybe others with similar issues would find this useful as well.

I appreciate you taking the time to read this and would appreciate any help you can give!
You need flash an English custom Firmware with Bold Font :
Mili_wuhan_EN_Bold_D.fw
Mili_wuhan_EN_Bold_M.fw

D : Default Date format.
M : Modified Date format.

If with the stock Firmware you have MM/DD and you want have DD/MM, flash M version.

Attachments

donnell

You need flash an English custom Firmware with Bold Font :
Mili_wuhan_EN_Bold_D.fw
Mili_wuhan_EN_Bold_M.fw

D : Default Date format.
M : Modified Date format.

If with the stock Firmware you have MM/DD and you want have DD/MM, flash M version.
Thank you very much for your reply. I will give it a try and see if I can make it work! I have another question, My band currently runs the latest official firmware release 2.3.0.6 and the custom English firmware is version 2.3.0.2 is it ok to flash this or I have to wait for the next version of the custom firmware?

rendal

Contributor
Thank you very much for your reply. I will give it a try and see if I can make it work! I have another question, My band currently runs the latest official firmware release 2.3.0.6 and the custom English firmware is version 2.3.0.2 is it ok to flash this or I have to wait for the next version of the custom firmware?
For example, here: Firmware 2.3.0.6 | Bold Font (EN, CZ, SK, PL, HU, TR) | Xiaomi Mi Band 3 | GeekDoing or Firmware 2.3.0.6 | Fine Font (English) | Xiaomi Mi Band 3 | GeekDoing and etc...

donnell

Thank you for your reply! Two questions,
Is this fixing all the notification languages I mentioned (English / German / Hungarian / Arabic and Persian) Or only the Latin characters without the Arabic & Persian characters?
Second question, It was written that the special characters are only supported by the Bold font? I see that you linked both thin and bold so I was just wondering if I understood the first reply correctly.
Thank you!

MagicalUnicorn

Staff member
Developer
Normally it's 2.3.0.6 the Firmware I sent, I will verify in the evening ^^.

donnell

Normally it's 2.3.0.6 the Firmware I sent, I will verify in the evening ^^.
Thank you, I flashed it and it was 2.3.0.6. But when I receive Persian messages still showing up as long list of "????"... So the issue is still there unfortunately. Is there any way to fix it? If I flash the other file with UTF 8 encoding will it make any difference? Thanks again

xpaulos2

Developer
Contributor
Thank you, I flashed it and it was 2.3.0.6. But when I receive Persian messages still showing up as long list of "????"... So the issue is still there unfortunately. Is there any way to fix it? If I flash the other file with UTF 8 encoding will it make any difference? Thanks again
Im try on Slovak and normal show - Arabic, Russian and latin characters. Slovak is same as ENG UTF-8

Trusted Store

Members online

No members online now.

Our Telegram Channel

Which color of official strap would you like to buy for your Mi Band 3?

• Black

Votes: 2,154 52.8%
  • Deep Blue

Votes: 1,197 29.4%
  • Redish Orange

Votes: 727 17.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Narra