Question No Heart Rate below 47 bpm possible? Was: Heart Rate Monitoring not working correctly

Sirko

Hi,
I recently bought a Mi Band 3 at Amazon Germany and installed the Mi Fit App.
Everything seemed to be ok so far, but then I found the Heart Rate Sensor doesn't work correctly:

1. It is not able to measure heart rates below 47 bpm
When my heart rate is below 47 bpm (I have confirmed with other hart rate monitors like Samsung S8 and a blood pressure meter) and I want to do a manual heart rate measurement then it fails. Further, when I have a look at the graphs in Mi Fit app (or Notify Fitness App) then there is no value below 47 bpm. When I look the heart rate graph after sleep then there is a flat line at 47 bpm. I also found other people in the Internet that have the same issue with the heart rate measurements. So, I think it is a sofware/firmware issue.
Am I right? How to fix this issue?

2. It seems not possible to measure a heart rate with more than about 126 bpm. When I do some sports then the heart rate is never more than 126 bpm, even when I climb 21 floors using the stairs. My heart rate is then about 150 to 160 bpm (confirmed by other heart rate monitors), but the MI Band shows only 126 bpm.
I'm not sure about this value (126), however, it is far away from 160 bpm as other heart rate monitors show at the same time.

OK, I found when I turn the mi band to the inside, so that the heart rate sensor is at the inside of my arm then it can also measure values above 126 bpm. So, the scond issue is no issue:)

Am I doing something wrong or is the Mi Band 3 not working for people doing sports?

Firmware: 2.3.0.6
Mi Fit App: 3.5.8

Thank you
Sirko

Last edited:

Trusted Store

Members online

No members online now.

Our Telegram Channel

Which color of official strap would you like to buy for your Mi Band 3?

• Black

Votes: 2,154 52.8%
  • Deep Blue

Votes: 1,197 29.4%
  • Redish Orange

Votes: 727 17.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kratoz29