Tutorial (Text/Video) How to Change Languages Separately From System Language

Dobsgw

Official Forum Reviewer
This is a quick guide and video on how to change your Mi Band 4's language to any of the supported languages on the band without relying on the system language to be set.

This allows you to have your phone language in an unsupported language, and still use the band with any of the languages like English, Chinese, Spanish, French etc.

Firstly set your phone language to your preferred language. The band will then go to the default language (Chinese for China / English for Global).

Then download and setup the Notify and Fitness app from the Playstore or apkmirror and connect your Mi Band 4.
It will work with Mi Fit installed also.
Edit: Maddoctor has suggested Mi Band Master app also

Now you can go to the settings page of Notify and Fitness and set the language to any of the languages that are supported by the Mi Band 4 (eg, English, Russian, French etc).

If Mi Fit reverts the band back to the default language then use Notify and Fitness to set your preferred language again.

That is all you have to do!!!

See the video below for a visual demonstration:

Last edited:

Crux

Tested.

Doesn't work if you have mi fit installed. It goes back to Chinese in a few minutes.

xpaulos2

Developer
Contributor
i have both and ok, Notify dont connect with MB4 without MiFit

cyrdapwn

Working great. I set EN in Notify, then uninstalled Notify and it remains in EN. I am using only Mi Fit now and band is still in EN.

zoko

Hello,
I have a MI4 chinese version it´s possible to change the default language from chinese to English? Permanently?

Dobsgw

Official Forum Reviewer
Hello,
I have a MI4 chinese version it´s possible to change the default language from chinese to English? Permanently?
Might not be permanent but it will work with this method yes. Use the app to set the language to English and then the band will stay in English when you switch system language. If it reverts back to Chinese then simply use the app to switch it back again

Trusted Store

Members online

No members online now.

Our Telegram Channel

Which color of official strap would you like to buy for your Mi Band 3?

• Black

Votes: 2,154 52.8%
  • Deep Blue

Votes: 1,197 29.4%
  • Redish Orange

Votes: 726 17.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
careylui