Discussion Wait for Global or get the CN version?

Agoneous

Hardware-wise is there any difference? What's the justification for the additional $10 for the global version? And it's been 3 weeks since the release of the CN version, and still no sign of global version in the wild.

Edit: I'm not talking about the NFC variant.

MrVR

Hardware-wise is there any difference? What's the justification for the additional $10 for the global version? And it's been 3 weeks since the release of the CN version, and still no sign of global version in the wild.

Edit: I'm not talking about the NFC variant.
I prefer to buy cn version 😃 only if you can't wait for global one to release and yes cn one is cheaper than the global one which will come in future.

Agoneous

I prefer to buy cn version 😃 only if you can't wait for global one to release and yes cn one is cheaper than the global one which will come in future.
Well, I've been waiting for 3 weeks so at this point I'm not sure if the global version will come out tomorrow or Sept. But again, that raises the question of what's with the price discrepancy, and what actual difference there is, if any, on the hardware side of things.

The usually take a month after release the official announce by 29 March. It might be announce on 29-30 April. After announce it take a week (6 June) or more until official store start selling and shipping it.

Also if you want to go with global, It might has Alexa. It’s a good function but Alexa only available on some region. If your region is supported but you don’t has a smart home devices to interact with Alexa. Just buy the CN ver. Infact Alexa on Mi Band still need a phone to process whatever you are trying to say. It’s just use the mic on Mi Band and phone to process. However this is just my own opinion and if you really patience to wait for Global Release then it’s up to you.

CN Mi Band (Non-NFC) and Global one should has the same hardware but I’m not sure if CN Non-NFC has a microphone and Global should has it for Alexa capability. It should use the same firmwares but might has different versions for it. Mi Band CN Ver usually get updated first or might be the same.

Trusted Store

Members online

No members online now.

Our Telegram Channel

Which color of official strap would you like to buy for your Mi Band 3?

• Black

Votes: 2,154 52.8%
  • Deep Blue

Votes: 1,197 29.4%
  • Redish Orange

Votes: 726 17.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
careylui