Question Will Xiaomi add mi band 5 features to mi band 4 in the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mi band 5 adds features such as pai, breathing exercises and customisable watch faces with widgets. All these features can be added to mi band 4 with a firmware update. My question is that will Xiaomi add these features to the mi band 4. Has Xiaomi done this with its previos mi bands?

MagicalUnicorn

Staff member
Developer
Mi band 5 adds features such as pai, breathing exercises and customisable watch faces with widgets. All these features can be added to mi band 4 with a firmware update. My question is that will Xiaomi add these features to the mi band 4. Has Xiaomi done this with its previos mi bands?
No.
Mi Band 4 can be now considered as EOL (End Of Life). The only reasons for there may be new updates for it are minor bug fix and NFC.

If Mi Band 4 have same features as Mi Band 5, nobody will buy the new Mi Band 5, that's why features such as Camera and PAI aren't enabled in Mi Band 4 :).

MrVR

No.
Mi Band 4 can be now considered as EOL (End Of Life). The only reasons for there may be new updates for it are minor bug fix and NFC.

If Mi Band 4 have same features as Mi Band 5, nobody will buy the new Mi Band 5, that's why features such as Camera and PAI aren't enabled in Mi Band 4 :).
Can these be enabled through a custom firmware update

I bought mi band 4 in August. 1 month before it was released in India and now I am regretting being so impatient. They should add these features to mi band 4 because people will buy mi band 5 for bigger screen and magnetic charging. Most people will not upgrade from mi band 4 to 5. People will upgrade from lower versions like 3 to 5. They wil prefer mi band 5 because of the bigger screen and better charging as the mi band 5 costs nearly the same as mi band 4.

MrVR

Developers who make custom firmware / from for phones,tvs,and more . Is it possible that they can develop this.

Developers who make custom firmware / from for phones,tvs,and more . Is it possible that they can develop this.
People in this forum say that mi band 4 firmware is digitally signed which prevents people from editing it. I have searched online to look for way to bypass this but Google doesn't give any usefull result.

People in this forum say that mi band 4 firmware is digitally signed which prevents people from editing it. I have searched online to look for way to bypass this but Google doesn't give any usefull result.
People that work in Xiaomi and make these resourses have acces to firmware that doesn't have digital signature which they edit and then add digital signature before publishing.

MagicalUnicorn

Staff member
Developer
So, I wait for you do it... If it was possible it would be already done.

I bought mi band 4 in August. 1 month before it was released in India and now I am regretting being so impatient. They should add these features to mi band 4 because people will buy mi band 5 for bigger screen and magnetic charging. Most people will not upgrade from mi band 4 to 5. People will upgrade from lower versions like 3 to 5. They wil prefer mi band 5 because of the bigger screen and better charging as the mi band 5 costs nearly the same as mi band 4.
I never said if reason is good/bad/stupid/logical ot other, just it's the only reason I see for they don't enable features in Mi band 4.

Jokers

yea what did MagicalUnicorn said actually makes sense, why would xiaomi enable it for mb4 lol, then ppl won't buy mb5 bcus there'll be 0 different with mb4 and mb5 except bigger screen lol, it's been 1 year since mb4 release, it won't make sense if xiaomi suddenly wants to put mb5 features on mb4 😂

Can not be taken from the file that opens the firmware with spi in mi band 4 as in mi band 3 device?

Last edited:
I think Xiaomi will add camera control and pai to mi band 4 because yesterday I opened v96 resources to look inside and found icons and animations for camera control and pai

Jokers

I think Xiaomi will add camera control and pai to mi band 4 because yesterday I opened v96 resources to look inside and found icons and animations for camera control and pai
If I'm not wrong, those icons alr available since older versions..

MagicalUnicorn

Staff member
Developer
There is also Mi Home. And Camera feature in Mi Band 3 Resources.
Like I said it will have nothing new for Mi Band 4, so fully useless to talk more about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trusted Store

Members online

No members online now.

Our Telegram Channel

Which color of official strap would you like to buy for your Mi Band 3?

• Black

Votes: 2,154 52.8%
  • Deep Blue

Votes: 1,197 29.4%
  • Redish Orange

Votes: 727 17.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eldonITA00