Question Cannot pair Mi Band 3 to iOS and cannot factory reset as the More menu is not there

Kcross

Hi
When I login to the Mi Fit app and click "Add device" it will find the Mi Band but then says "Couldnt pair, reset the band and try again". This happened after a recent update to the Mi Fit app. It was working fine for months.

The solution to that appears to be to hard reset the Mi Band via the "More" menu and selecting factory reset. However, my Mi Band does not have the "More" menu as I believe it was previously hidden via the app! I cannot restore the "more" menu without getting it paired to the app... so I'm stuck.

I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but that didnt help.

Having come to this forum I flashed the firmware to the latest version (v2.4.0.12 and v49 resources) and I was able to get that installed using the Mi HR app and the Mi Band is working fine and that app can pair to the Mi Band fine also but I still cannot pair it to the original Mi Fit app. I get the same error.

I think the Mi Band simply needs a factory reset but I cant get to the menu to do it.

Anyone got any ideas how I can factory reset the Mi Band when the More menu is not present? Is there any way to initiate a factory reset via an app?

thanks

Trusted Store

Members online

No members online now.

Our Telegram Channel

Which color of official strap would you like to buy for your Mi Band 3?

• Black

Votes: 2,154 52.8%
  • Deep Blue

Votes: 1,197 29.4%
  • Redish Orange

Votes: 727 17.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kratoz29