Question Confused, when to use .fw, .ft and custom mi fit app?

Fetefai

Hello, I am confused.. could someone clarify the following for me:
  1. When to use which of custom firmware or original firmware? What is the difference between these?
  2. Why are there two firmware versions, i.e 1.7.x.x and 2.3.x.x? Which one is applicable for my Mi band 3?
  3. When is the original font needed? Does firmwares with multiple languages include fonts for the listed languages?
  4. Do I have to use the modified Mi Fit app when I have flashed with a custom firmware?
  5. Lastly, if I just want to get 'åöä' to work as well as smileys :) (instead of boxes with ?) .. what do I need to do?
I would really appreciate if anyone could answer any of these questions as I am really confused and I can't find the answers to this in the FAQ.

BR,
fetefai

MagicalUnicorn

Staff member
Developer
Hello, I am confused.. could someone clarify the following for me:
  1. When to use which of custom firmware or original firmware? What is the difference between these?
  2. Why are there two firmware versions, i.e 1.7.x.x and 2.3.x.x? Which one is applicable for my Mi band 3?
  3. When is the original font needed? Does firmwares with multiple languages include fonts for the listed languages?
  4. Do I have to use the modified Mi Fit app when I have flashed with a custom firmware?
  5. Lastly, if I just want to get 'åöä' to work as well as smileys :) (instead of boxes with ?) .. what do I need to do?
I would really appreciate if anyone could answer any of these questions as I am really confused and I can't find the answers to this in the FAQ.

BR,
fetefai
For Firmwares, read this thread : Custom Firmwares.
Firmwares 1.7.0.4 : Mi Band 3 NFC.
Firmwares 2.3.0.6 : Mi band 3.

There is custom Font files, for support emojis for example. But the custom Fonts aren't perfect and have some bugs, so it's better don't flash a custom Font file.

You can use Official Mi Fit with a custom Firmware / Resource / Font without problem.
You can know what's difference there is between Official and Modified Mi Fit here : Modified Mi Fit.

For have letters like 'åöä', you need a Firmware with Bold Font (by default all languages use the Bold Font, only English than use the Fine font).

If you have an Mi band 3 (NO NFC) :
You need flash an English custom Firmware with Bold Font :
Mili_wuhan_EN_Bold_D.fw
Mili_wuhan_EN_Bold_M.fw

D : Default Date format.
M : Modified Date format.
If with the stock Firmware you have MM/DD and you want have DD/MM, flash M version.

For smiley, you need flash a custom Font, but like I said, not good idea :).

Trusted Store

Members online

No members online now.

Our Telegram Channel

Which color of official strap would you like to buy for your Mi Band 3?

• Black

Votes: 2,154 52.8%
  • Deep Blue

Votes: 1,197 29.4%
  • Redish Orange

Votes: 727 17.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kratoz29