Question Mi Band 3: Screen/Display Not Working Properly?

nerdgeek94

So here it is. I received my Mi Band 3 yesterday. Since it doesn't respond to touches, I just thought it arrived with a depleted battery. Surprisingly, it already has around 25%+ charge when the screen showed up as I connected it to my PC's USB port. Then, the band's display went out again. However, I was still able to pair the band to my android phone. Even Mi Fit automatically updated the firmware and resources. Heart Rate, Steps, Notifications (vibration), everything works fine except the display.

I managed to get the display back to life by pressing the button for around 30 seconds while connected to charger. I've read it as a reset of some sort. However, when the display turns off, nothing can be done to bring it on again except this charge and press thing. I contacted the seller and they advised me to fully drain the battery to reset the band. However, Mi Fit and other apps report the band is still at 29% battery level, the same percentage for almost 20 hours now. I have continuous heart monitor every 1 min since yesterday but there are no signs of battery drain. I even tried finding the device in gadgetbridge just to make it vibrate for a long time hoping to drain the battery but still no changes. What is possibly the reason?

I believe I am running the latest version and it is just the firmware is somewhat erroneously updated. Just an hour ago, I tried to flash the latest firmware and resource via Gadgetbridge but the issue still persists. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Edit 8/13: The band is defective. I sent it back to the seller for refund.

Last edited:

Trusted Store

Members online

Our Telegram Channel

Which color of official strap would you like to buy for your Mi Band 3?

• Black

Votes: 2,154 52.8%
  • Deep Blue

Votes: 1,197 29.4%
  • Redish Orange

Votes: 727 17.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nono974