Question Mi band 4 doesn't count steps

Hello, I've bought a Global version on Mi band 4 on eBay, I've paired it but it doesn't count the steps, the rainbow doesn't move, and it counts steps only if it is connected with Bluetooth to the phone and to show the number of steps I have to refresh the screen but still the rainbow doesn't work...

fprietog

Oooh, ok. But what about the stuff that it does count steps only if Bluetooth is on and when I refresh the display?
Well, I don't understand what you mean with "refresh the display". Without the bluetooth connected the only way you can know the steps walked is turning on the screen.

Just try this: turn on the screen and take note of steps. Walk about 100 steps marking the arm movement, stop, wait a few seconds and turn on screen again. The steps must be about 100 more than the noted at the beginning.

If the steps are the same the band should be defective.

Well, I don't understand what you mean with "refresh the display". Without the bluetooth connected the only way you can know the steps walked is turning on the screen.

Just try this: turn on the screen and take note of steps. Walk about 100 steps marking the arm movement, stop, wait a few seconds and turn on screen again. The steps must be about 100 more than the noted at the beginning.

I'm going to try it now. By refreshing I mean turning on and off the screen, sorry if I wasn't clear

Ok it works thank you for the help <3

fprietog

Ah, ok. In that case the problem may just be that the default rainbow screen doesn't refresh the steps while turned on (something that I also noticed). Its curious that most of the watchfaces refresh the steps while screen is on, but the default one doesn't works that way...

It may be a bug but the really important thing is that the band counts the steps internally.

Trusted Store

Members online

No members online now.

Our Telegram Channel

Which color of official strap would you like to buy for your Mi Band 3?

• Black

Votes: 2,154 52.8%
  • Deep Blue

Votes: 1,197 29.4%
  • Redish Orange

Votes: 727 17.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eldonITA00