Question Problem with custom Font - Mi Band Notify

Hello to all!

I've been using Mi Band Notify for a while and, with the new 7.0.1 version, came a new option that enables emoticons. For that, it installed a custom latin font. The instalation went fine and now emotions are shown!
Unfortunately now some characters appear as a ? inside a box in many screens, like an unkown character.

I have a pt-pt customized 1.6.0.16 firmware and, for example, in the mi band notifications screen, instead of "Notificações" it shows "Notificaç?es". In the heart rate screen, instead of "Frequência Cardíaca" it shows "Frequ?ncia Cardíaca". There are other screens with errors. All related to the characters: ã â ê ô õ.

To try to solve the problem I reinstalled the pt-pt custom firmware, and v40 resources but it doesn't seem to install any font so the problem wasn't solved. I also tried to install original Xiaomi firmware and it was even worse. Almost all characters had a ?. Only images were ok.

I can't seem to find font files for mi band 3. Only firmware and resource files.

How can I reinstall the original font?

Thanks, in advance, for your help and continue the great work that's being made in this Forum!

EDIT: Installed firmware:
https://geekdoing.com/attachments/mili_wuhan_1-6-0-16_pt-fw.1291/
Custom Resources v40 | Modern Theme | Xiaomi Mi Band 3 | GeekDoing

The original firmware that I installed to try to fix the problem was this:
Firmware 1.6.0.16 | Xiaomi Mi Band 3 | GeekDoing

EDIT2: Even with the new 1.8.0.0 firmware and mi fit 3.5.2 the problem remains! :(:(:(

Last edited:

MagicalUnicorn

Staff member
Developer
Resolved in conversation.

-------------
If someone have this problem, just flash Font file from Original Mi Fit :).

Resolved in conversation.

-------------
If someone have this problem, just flash Font file from Original Mi Fit :).
Thanks again, MagicalUnicorn!
If you allow me to make a suggestion, I think that there should be a link for the font file. I searched in many sites with no luck. I could only find a Russian site with altered fonts but they were just for russian. Installing them didn't solve the problem. I also believe that there will be more users that will try the new function in Notify and will face the same problem.

MagicalUnicorn

Staff member
Developer
Thanks again, MagicalUnicorn!
If you allow me to make a suggestion, I think that there should be a link for the font file. I searched in many sites with no luck. I could only find a Russian site with altered fonts but they were just for russian. Installing them didn't solve the problem. I also believe that there will be more users that will try the new function in Notify and will face the same problem.
I will upload the font file in FAQ :).

I've seen that the fonts file is already in FAQ. Great job!
One question, what is the difference between the .fw and .fw.kj fonts? Different languages?
Thanks

Many thanks, I'm with exactly the same problem as casimirovsky, and really easy to solve.
Thank you MagicalUnicorn.

Thanks! Notify & Fitness messed up my fonts and it made me crazy. This solved my problem.

Some tips:
It is a very slow process. Check that your battery is strong in both the device and phone.

I used gadget bridge.

Select the font file your file explorer and choose to share. An icon for Gadget bridge Will appear.

Sync your band before. It Will reset.

BoLiGo

thank you very much bro, my band showed only "?????" instead of text and I did not know what to do, you saved my band MagicalUnicorn!
(I used "es file explorer" to open the font file, because the xiaomi explorer would not let me.)

Trusted Store

Members online

No members online now.

Our Telegram Channel

Which color of official strap would you like to buy for your Mi Band 3?

• Black

Votes: 2,154 52.8%
  • Deep Blue

Votes: 1,197 29.4%
  • Redish Orange

Votes: 727 17.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eldonITA00