FW Stable Firmware 1.8.0.0

MagicalUnicorn

Staff member
Developer
are you sure?
because i already got a confirmation that hebrew characters can be seen with official 1.8.0 fw

Hebrew firmware | Xiaomi Mi Band 3 | GeekDoing
If you set your phone language in French for example, with Official Firmware you will see Hebrew characters, but with English phone language no because with English language the Mi Band 3 is in Fine Font.
I try to make English Firmware with Bold Font for have possiblity to see Hebrew characters with the Mi Band 3 in English.

Also, I succeed to make English Firmware Bold Font, but notifications are always in Fine Font... :'(.

1. what about dd/mm date format in english firmware ?
2. what about utf characters in english firmware ?

I use english ui interface in my devices, but I live in middle europe time zone, so mm/dd date format is more common for me. My native language contains some special chars - notifications do not show them properly. Yes, I know there are custom language firmwares, but I want to stay english, just customize date format and read notifications in my native language. Thank you

MagicalUnicorn

Staff member
Developer
1. what about dd/mm date format in english firmware ?
2. what about utf characters in english firmware ?

I use english ui interface in my devices, but I live in middle europe time zone, so mm/dd date format is more common for me. My native language contains some special chars - notifications do not show them properly. Yes, I know there are custom language firmwares, but I want to stay english, just customize date format and read notifications in my native language. Thank you
There is custom Firmware with dd/mm, but with the possibility to show special characters no, because English language use Fine Font, and only the Bold font permit show all characters

There is custom Firmware with dd/mm, but with the possibility to show special characters no, because English language use Fine Font, and only the Bold font permit show all characters
OK, I understand the problem. Question is - why can't you have english fw with Bold font ? I mean, what are technical boundaries and problems ? What about firmware editor ? (this is nice idea Matthias Nowak / Mi-Band-2-Firmware-Editor · GitLab ) ...

Last edited:

MagicalUnicorn

Staff member
Developer
Can you try to make whole fonts in bold font?
Post.
OK, I understand the problem. Question is - why can't you have english fw with Bold font ? I mean, what are technical boundaries and problems ? What about firmware editor ? (this is nice idea Matthias Nowak / Mi-Band-2-Firmware-Editor · GitLab ) ...
Because I haven't lot of knowledges in this domain and I don't want brick my Mi Band 3 :).
Nothing about Firmware editor for moment.

NME7

Hi, messed up some characteres (portuguese) when trying to use emojis on Notify And Fitness, I dowloaded some custom latin pack and it got kind of weird...
Tried to reflash 1.8.0.0 to set it straight but it still doesn't show these: "ç" or "ã"... Any ideas?
Txs in advance

MagicalUnicorn

Staff member
Developer
Hi, messed up some characteres (portuguese) when trying to use emojis on Notify And Fitness, I dowloaded some custom latin pack and it got kind of weird...
Tried to reflash 1.8.0.0 to set it straight but it still doesn't show these: "ç" or "ã"... Any ideas?
Txs in advance
Flash the Original Font file, you can find it in the FAQ.

NME7

Flash the Original Font file, you can find it in the FAQ.
Ok, I had seen that previously in FAQ, but when I read that it was for Korean and Japanese I didn´t get that there are 2 files. Dummy:sneaky:
Awesome! Will report in a minute:)

Last edited:

Trusted Store

Members online

No members online now.

Our Telegram Channel

Which color of official strap would you like to buy for your Mi Band 3?

• Black

Votes: 2,154 52.8%
  • Deep Blue

Votes: 1,197 29.4%
  • Redish Orange

Votes: 726 17.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
careylui