FW Mod Firmwares 1.6.0.10 | Mi Band 3 NFC | Spanish, Turkish, Thai...

Kasiano

Maybe it's Official bug, I verified the firmware and all is good.
Hello:
Today he received MI BAND 3 NFC in Chinese and after several tests he managed to put it in Spanish with the version (1.6.0.10).

In summary:
.- First, V.46 Resources (Mili_chongqing.res) were installed
.- Then the English version (Mili_chongqing_EN_D.fw)
.- Finally the (Mili_chongqing_SP_D.fw), all this avoiding the screen of my phone in a Huawei P9 Lite darken.
Regards
Luis

ViBE

what is the reason why NFC version cannot get custom languages? is there any major differences between the standard version and the NFC one? i'm just curious.

MagicalUnicorn

Staff member
Developer
what is the reason why NFC version cannot get custom languages? is there any major differences between the standard version and the NFC one? i'm just curious.
There is custom languages for the Mi Band 3 NFC, look the "Download" spoiler.

ViBE

There is custom languages for the Mi Band 3 NFC, look the "Download" spoiler.
oh may the custom term not clear for me. so if i want to add (overwrite an existing one i guess) another language than those is there any problem with that?

MagicalUnicorn

Staff member
Developer
thanks. one thing left. which version set the date order to MM/DD? cause i already use Mili_chongqing_EN_M on my device and it's still use the DD/MM order.
That depend of your smartphone language. If with _M version you have DD/MM, with _D version you will have MM/DD.

ViBE

That depend of your smartphone language. If with _M version you have DD/MM, with _D version you will have MM/DD.
that was the trick. i noticed another thing. the forecast information changes back to chinese after a few minutes later. is it a bug or an incorrect/untranslated string in the firmware?

MagicalUnicorn

Staff member
Developer
that was the trick. i noticed another thing. the forecast information changes back to chinese after a few minutes later. is it a bug or an incorrect/untranslated string in the firmware?
You need to use Modified Mi Fit for have weather informations in other language than Chinese.
Post #2.

ViBE

You need to use Modified Mi Fit for have weather informations in other language than Chinese.
Post #2.
okay. btw can i use any utf-8 character in my translation basically without any issue? cause i would use these: áÁ éÉ íÍ óÓ öÖ őŐ üÜ űŰ.

MagicalUnicorn

Staff member
Developer
okay. btw can i use any utf-8 character in my translation basically without any issue? cause i would use these: áÁ éÉ íÍ óÓ öÖ őŐ üÜ űŰ.
Normally yes you can. To be sure, try to send you a message with this letters, if they are displayed it's good ;).

rdorsch

I updated here a Mi Band 3 NFC first using the official MiFit app to the official firmware 1.6.10. This brought me the Chinese version even though I had a German (Android) localization and Mi Fit run was German. Then I used gadgetbridge to flash the German localized version Mili_chongqing_DE_D.fw as described above (using an Android Nexus 5x phone, running Android 8). Everything worked well as described in the howto

Many thanks again!

PS: Quick Question: Does anybody know anything about the NFC function?

neycho

hi @rdorsch i have read that people has successfully used the nfc function (for access cards) after changing region of their phones to China, as nfc function was intended to be used in China specifically and no other else.

rdorsch

My smartphone finds the NFC function. NFC tools reports that it is a NXP Mifare Plus Tag (ISO 14443-4)

A write test to the tag did not work. Though I never used Mifare Plus tags before, so it could be easily my fault. I need to play somewhat more with this..

Access control just based on the serial number would be a weak protection only.

I also read somewhere before that the phone needs to be changed to China, but I do not even know where to configure a region in Android. I configured the language to German and the location it determines itself...

ViBE

My smartphone finds the NFC function. NFC tools reports that it is a NXP Mifare Plus Tag (ISO 14443-4)

A write test to the tag did not work. Though I never used Mifare Plus tags before, so it could be easily my fault. I need to play somewhat more with this..

Access control just based on the serial number would be a weak protection only.

I also read somewhere before that the phone needs to be changed to China, but I do not even know where to configure a region in Android. I configured the language to German and the location it determines itself...
that's offtopic but pretty interesting thing. but i guess it's depends on GPS since only chinese applications supports it yet.

IBD3532

I did firmware, resource but Can't do font,
Is can be done jusg like firmware or resource by using notify?
It's happening to me, either.
I can apply English font with GadgetBridge, but not .kj fonts. I tried changing *.kj with *.ft (by simply erasing *.kj), but no use.

Trusted Store

Members online

No members online now.

Our Telegram Channel

Which color of official strap would you like to buy for your Mi Band 3?

• Black

Votes: 2,154 52.8%
  • Deep Blue

Votes: 1,197 29.4%
  • Redish Orange

Votes: 726 17.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
careylui