Question Help with image editing (MB3)

Hi guys, excuse me if i don't make a cured thread like in my previous post. I'll go straight to the point. I'm a kind of noob in editing images, mostly every modification by my side is done using Gimp on Windows but i have noticed a sort of behaviour when resizing (reducing size, to be precise) pictures. For example:

I wanted to edit some pngs, outlined icons to add into my next mi band 3 theme, and i've seen that when reducing size of that picture they become more blurry and on the mi band they didn't look crispy, instead they look less defined and not shaped like they should be (or like they were in their original size). I've read somewhere that using some kind of interpolation when resizing could resolve this issue but i prefer asking here, because a lot of you make wonderful themes that looks awesome. I'd be glad if someone can help me.

To fully understand what i'm saying, download an outlined black whatsapp icon, then using treshold change black to white and finally resize to 44x40. You'll see how bad will look :(

rendal

Contributor
Hi guys, excuse me if i don't make a cured thread like in my previous post. I'll go straight to the point. I'm a kind of noob in editing images, mostly every modification by my side is done using Gimp on Windows but i have noticed a sort of behaviour when resizing (reducing size, to be precise) pictures. For example:

I wanted to edit some pngs, outlined icons to add into my next mi band 3 theme, and i've seen that when reducing size of that picture they become more blurry and on the mi band they didn't look crispy, instead they look less defined and not shaped like they should be (or like they were in their original size). I've read somewhere that using some kind of interpolation when resizing could resolve this issue but i prefer asking here, because a lot of you make wonderful themes that looks awesome. I'd be glad if someone can help me.

To fully understand what i'm saying, download an outlined black whatsapp icon, then using treshold change black to white and finally resize to 44x40. You'll see how bad will look :(
Image sizes cannot be changed, Firmware requires a given size for proper display. It is a Firmware feature.

I used a mistaken word, i meant to say "scale" images. However no change is needed in firmware, i'm only talking about normal resource editing

Tizigsysyks

Changing the size of some images is ok but it makes some bugs. I'm too facing the problem to resize the image size so im trying to paint the pics which is insane 😒😣😔

I gave up. A forum where no one wants to share the knowing is a dead forum. It is useless if the skilled ones wont teach anything to others. This should be a place to learn and share together. Instead it's only a place where if someone can do something will keep it for himsels. I'm leaving, sorry.

rendal

Contributor
I gave up. A forum where no one wants to share the knowing is a dead forum. It is useless if the skilled ones wont teach anything to others. This should be a place to learn and share together. Instead it's only a place where if someone can do something will keep it for himsels. I'm leaving, sorry.
The pixel count is fixed for specific images in Resources. This is due to the Firmware settings. You can edit the firmware and then use images with a different number of pixels.
However, you cannot change the pixel count for images only in Resources.
Everyone tries to answer as much as possible. Nobody conceals anything.

Trusted Store

Members online

Our Telegram Channel

Which color of official strap would you like to buy for your Mi Band 3?

• Black

Votes: 2,154 52.8%
  • Deep Blue

Votes: 1,197 29.4%
  • Redish Orange

Votes: 727 17.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gren