Tutorial How to modify Firmware file

Could someone please tell me which set of bits is responsible for the vibrations of the bracelet?

KOR_Elppa

Is there no way for Mi Band 4?
Firmware installation is possible after translation. But it doesn't work normally.

rendal

Contributor
Is there no way for Mi Band 4?
Firmware installation is possible after translation. But it doesn't work normally.
The firmware for Mi Band 4 is signed with an electronic key, so it cannot be edited.

rendal

Contributor
oh...ok thank you! so...The firmware already has Korean. Can I change the basic language to Korean?
Yes, just default languages by changing the phone language, or using Notify & Fitness, GadgetBridge and others apps.

Last edited:

SARRAF

I'm not being able to open the .fw file with wxMEdit.
Do I need some kind of zip file opener to do this? or do I have to install wxMEdit somehow before using it?
Or, is it like resource editing? Like drag & drop?

MagicalUnicorn

Staff member
Developer
I'm not being able to open the .fw file with wxMEdit.
Do I need some kind of zip file opener to do this? or do I have to install wxMEdit somehow before using it?
Or, is it like resource editing? Like drag & drop?
Just install wxMEdit and open .fw file, it will open it without problem ^^.

piyushtwri

Is there any way to know where Bluetooth not connected symbol is in the hex code? I want to add vibration to be triggered along with the symbol.

rendal

Contributor
Is there any way to know where Bluetooth not connected symbol is in the hex code? I want to add vibration to be triggered along with the symbol.
Yes, by converting the hex file to assembler and analyzing specific functions in assembler.

lanmcsimov

Hello dears!
I opened fw-file via wxMEdit and changed only >= to <=, saved the file. During installation via Notify, in app 100%, but Mi Band 6 NFC CN displayed "Couldn't update". :( How can I solve this issue? Thanx!

rendal

Contributor
Hello dears!
I opened fw-file via wxMEdit and changed only >= to <=, saved the file. During installation via Notify, in app 100%, but Mi Band 6 NFC CN displayed "Couldn't update". :( How can I solve this issue? Thanx!
The problem cannot be solved. The problem is in the checksum of your modified FW and the checksum in the digital signature from Huami at the end of the FW, which, however, corresponds to the original checksum of the official FW. Mi Band 6 NFC CN displayed "Could't update" because the digital signature at the end of the FW is invalid, ie the FW is loaded into the bracelet cache, but after checking the digital signature it is rejected and the update is not performed.

From "Mi Band 4" / "Mi Band 3i" and higher, the FW is protected by a digital signature.

Trusted Store

Members online

Our Telegram Channel

Which color of official strap would you like to buy for your Mi Band 3?

• Black

Votes: 2,154 52.8%
  • Deep Blue

Votes: 1,197 29.4%
  • Redish Orange

Votes: 726 17.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
careylui