Discussion Information about Mi Band 8

MagicalUnicorn

Staff member
Developer
Mi Band 8 | Information

Some information about Mi Band 8, from my personal experience with it.

Application
Mi Band 8 isn't made by Huami, so you must use Mi Fitness application with it.
Good points with Mi Fitness compared to Zepp Life, is application have a dark mode, and application work fine without have to enable location.
Then, about UI, it's personal opinion :).

Codenames
★ miwear.watch.m66: Mi Band 8 CN.
★ miwear.watch.m66dsn: Mi Band 8 CN Disney 100th Anniversary.
★ miwear.watch.m66gl: Mi Band 8 Global.
★ miwear.watch.m66gln: Mi Band 8 Global?.
★ miwear.watch.m66nfc: Mi Band 8 CN NFC.
★ miwear.watch.m66tc: Mi Band 8 ?.

Features
★ Alarm:
There is possibility to enable Smart wake, and there is Snooze button when alarm ring, sadly there is no option to enable/disable Snooze.

★ Night Mode:
Night Mode option disappeared with Mi Band 8, instead there is Automatic Brightness option.

★ Notifications:
Until the Mi Band 7, there is notification icons stored in smartband Firmware/Resource and used for predefined applications. For other ones there is a generic notification icon (APP), and notifications are often badly managed.
With Mi Band 8, it take application icon from smartphone notification and display it on smartband, in addition to get notifications well managed.

About emoticons, currently Mi Band 8 support only 88 emoticons, a little disappointing compared to Mi Band 6 & 7 which support ~300 ones.
List of supported emoticons:
Code:
😍😘😂😊😎😉💋👍🤣💕😀😄😭🥺🙏🥰🤔🔥😩😔😁👌😏😅🤍💔😌😢💙💜🎶😳💖🙌💯🙈😋😑😴😪😜😛😝😞😕💗👏😐👉💛💞💪🌹💀😱💘🤟😡📷🌸😈👈🎉💁🙊💚😫😤💓🌚👇😇👊👑😓😻🔴😥🤩😚😷👋💥🤭🌟🥱💩🚀

★ Weather:
There is now possibility to set up five locations.
Weather feature in application seem a bit bugged, it seem there is no way to delete an added location, and there is "null - null" by default option on "Choose Location" page.

★ Widgets:
A new thing with Mi Band 8 compared to older Mi Bands is the possibility to create page with two widgets which permit access to related feature by tapping on it.

Firmwares
I compared CN and CN NFC 1.1.122 Firmware version, it's exactly the same file. So Firmware file will be maybe be the same for all Mi Band 8 versions, but we have to hope for Xiaomi don't restrict languages to Chinese and English on CN versions.

Languages
Currently there is only Mi Band 8 CN available. The only two languages available are Chinese and English.
Sadly, officially the only way to get smartband in English is put smartphone language to English, else smartband will be in Chinese.
About other languages, we can hope they will be available on Mi Band 8 CN when Global version will be released, but Xiaomi can also choose to let Mi Band 8 CN with this two languages, wait and see.
Language list (from Firmware 1.2.138):
Code:
English
Deutsch
Italiano
Français
Español
日本語
한국어
Nederlands
Português PT
Türkçe
العربية
Polski
Українська
Română
Čeština
Eλληνικά
עברית
Русский
ไทย
Tiếng Việt
Português BR
Indonesia
繁體中文
Svenska
Suomi
Norsk bokmål
Dansk
简体中文

Screen
Compared to Mi Band 6, screen is bigger and navigation is more fluid.
If that do a real difference? Yes, but for me it doesn't justify pay 40$ to upgrade from Mi band 6 as example.
With Firmwares 1.1.122 and 1.2.138 I noticed that when I receive notification it lag to unlock and scroll to view entire notification. Maybe it will be fixed in a future update.

Conclusion
This Mi Band 8 isn't revolutionary, but it's a good Mi Band, even if it's not made by Huami.

I know there is many other interesting points to talk (in good like in bad), but I prefer don't talk about things I don't use.
By the way, you're welcome to share your personal experience with Mi band 8 :).

Post only in English, else it will be deleted.

Last edited:

MagicalUnicorn

Staff member
Developer
I added language list from Firmware 1.2.138 in thread :).

Adwin

Sadly, officially the only way to get smartband in English is put smartphone language to English, else smartband will be in Chinese.
App: "App Settings Reborn" - change app lang to english and mi band will be in english, but im still waiting for EU servers ;/
I bought it because MN7 screen ungluee in the pool but still works after dry ;3 now i avoid watering it
Dynamic brightness is the best upgrade in my opinion. Small upgrade but worth it.

Luko69

App: "App Settings Reborn" - change app lang to english and mi band will be in english, but im still waiting for EU servers ;/
I bought it because MN7 screen ungluee in the pool but still works after dry ;3 now i avoid watering it
Dynamic brightness is the best upgrade in my opinion. Small upgrade but worth it.
Application is Zepp Life for MB8 ? And set application to ENG, phone can still use another language and MB is in English ? Thanks.

MagicalUnicorn

Staff member
Developer
Application is Zepp Life for MB8 ?
Mi Band 8 isn't made by Huami, so you must use Mi Fitness application with it.

And set application to ENG, phone can still use another language and MB is in English ? Thanks.
There is many way to get Mi Band 8 in English:
- You can set your smartphone language to English to get smartband in English, but change smartphone language to other language will change again smartband language to Chinese.
- You can use"App Settings Reborn" to force English language for Mi Fitness and get smartband in English, and you can keep your smartphone to other language.
- You can use Modified Mi Fitness and enable option to force smartband to be in English.

Adwin

Im hoping that i'll be able to use PL lang when global app will work...
In MB7 i used this (modified to shows PL lang by someone):
GitHub - melianmiko/SmartBand7-MoreLocale
Are you able to modify Mi Fitness to use languages that normally are hidden?
I can't find lang option in mi band 8 :c

MagicalUnicorn

Staff member
Developer
Im hoping that i'll be able to use PL lang when global app will work...
In MB7 i used this (modified to shows PL lang by someone):
GitHub - melianmiko/SmartBand7-MoreLocale
Are you able to modify Mi Fitness to use languages that normally are hidden?
I can't find lang option in mi band 8 :c
Mi Band 7, a smartband from Huami, use same Firmware for CN, CN NFC and Global version, so if a language is available on Global version it mean it exist on CN and CN NFC versions.

Mi Band 8 isn't from Huami but Xiaomi, currently in Firmware of CN and CN NFC versions there is only Chinese and English language, so no way to force another language because there is no other language into Firmware file.
In case CN (NFC) and Global versions use a different Firmware, it's possible CN and CN NFC versions will never have more languages into Firmware file.
In case all versions use same Firmware file, if Xiaomi decide keep other languages hidden for CN and CNF versions, I will look for we be able force them :).

NiTroGen

I've just found out that the "Smart Band 8" option is available on the European servers. Unfortunately, when I use the QR code to pair my CN band it says that the device it's not supported. So, we are still restricted to the Chinese servers and only CN/EN language for the M2239B1 model.

Adwin

I've just found out that the "Smart Band 8" option is available on the European servers. Unfortunately, when I use the QR code to pair my CN band it says that the device it's not supported. So, we are still restricted to the Chinese servers and only CN/EN language for the M2239B1 model.
F*** them, im hope that that's mistake... i've also got M2239B1 :c not working

Hello, I wanted to ask a question, the Xiaomi 8 PRO global version is only in ENGLISH/CHINESE language, is it confirmed if it will have updates adding languages? I am from Argentina and I am interested in the Spanish language. Thx

Trusted Store

Members online

No members online now.

Our Telegram Channel

Which color of official strap would you like to buy for your Mi Band 3?

• Black

Votes: 2,154 52.8%
  • Deep Blue

Votes: 1,197 29.4%
  • Redish Orange

Votes: 727 17.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChipAndDeal