Tutorial MB4 lang files packer/unpacker

Made a program for packing/unpacking language files (*.dat). You need .Net to run it

To unpack:
1. First you need to unpack resource file MB4 Resource pack/unpack | Xiaomi Mi Band 4 | GeekDoing
2. Then drag and drop the .dat file onto mb4_lang_tool.exe
3. A folder with utf-8 encoded .txt translation files and header.json header files file should appear next to the .dat file

For packing:
1. drag and drop the folder with translations (.txt files) onto mb4_lang_tool.exe
2. in the folder with translations should appear .dat file, which can be packaged into resources

Regarding .txt files:
\n in .txt files means line break
you should not change the number of rows
the name of the file with the translation (*.txt) must match the name of the translation ("name") in the header.json file

Regarding header.json:
"number" - translation number, bracelet identifies translations by number
"device_language" is the name of the language to which the "number" corresponds. just for reference, does not affect anything
"name" - name of the translation in the language file + name of the file containing the translation

For example, to replace Chinese there are two ways:
1. copy the contents of the file Russian ru.txt to zh-rCN.txt
2. in the header.json file for the language with the number 0 (which corresponds to the Chinese language), change the value of "name": "zh-rCN" to "name": "Russian ru", then during packing of the .dat file, Russian ru.txt will be used instead zh-rCN.txt

For the English translation a separate truncated chartable is used, only with latin letters. Therefore, you cannot replace English with another language, which uses letters other than the English alphabet.

Attachments

Last edited:
Made a program for packing/unpacking language files (*.dat). You need .Net to run it

To unpack:
1. First you need to unpack resource file MB4 Resource pack/unpack | Xiaomi Mi Band 4 | GeekDoing
3. A folder with utf-8 encoded .txt translation files and header.json header files file should appear next to the .dat file

For packing:
1. drag and drop the folder with translations (.txt files) onto mb4_lang_tool.exe
2. in the folder with translations should appear .dat file, which can be packaged into resources

Regarding .txt files:
the name of the file with the translation (*.txt) must match the name of the translation ("name") in the header.json file

Regarding header.json:
"device_language" is the name of the language to which the "number" corresponds. just for reference, does not affect anything
"name" - name of the translation in the language file + name of the file containing the translation

2. in the header.json file for the language with the number 0 (which corresponds to the Chinese language), change the value of "name": "zh-rCN" to "name": "Russian ru", then during packing of the .dat file, Russian ru.txt will be used instead zh-rCN.txt

For the English translation a separate truncated chartable is used, only with latin letters. Therefore, you cannot replace English with another language.

so if i change the name from portuguese pt to zh-rCN the default language will be portuguese?

so if i change the name from portuguese pt to zh-rCN the default language will be portuguese?
no, the default language for ch version is language with number 0, and for the global version - number 2.
so, you need to change the name to "Portuguese pt" for language number 0 or 2.

note: Chinese uses images for the main menu labels(Status, Heart rate...), so you need to redraw them

no, the default language for ch version is language with number 0, and for the global version - number 2.
so, you need to change the name to "Portuguese pt" for language number 0 or 2.

note: Chinese uses images for the main menu labels(Status, Heart rate...), so you need to redraw them
I got it, thanks

sir, can i modify original language (e.g. ID) using any text editor and then repack it?
im afraid of brick 🙇

sir, can i modify original language (e.g. ID) using any text editor and then repack it?
im afraid of brick 🙇
yes, you can edit .txt files with any text editor, but using utf-8 encoding.
just don`t delete any language and you`ll be fine)

Sorry I didn't understand the last line

Can we copy English strings on Arabic or not?

Sorry I didn't understand the last line

Can we copy English strings on Arabic or not?
For language number 2(English) you can not use any letters different from the english alphabet, otherwise there will be blank spaces instead of letters

For other languages the normal character table used, so there is no restrictions on the letters you use

SARRAF

Can I edit a file that has completely different letters than English? will it be displayed on the band?
(like Hindi or Bangla)

Can I edit a file that has completely different letters than English? will it be displayed on the band?
(like Hindi or Bangla)
First unpack resource file and copy 2250 no file which look like media player copy this on desktop than drop this file into mb4 language file then 2250 name new folder is open edit this folder than drop this folder into mb4 language file then new file is formed copy this file paste into MB4 resource file

chienkd

To unpack:

For packing:

Regarding .txt files:

Regarding header.json:

For the English translation a separate truncated chartable is used, only with latin letters. Therefore, you cannot replace English with another language, which uses letters other than the English alphabet.

Can you help me to make the unpack tool work with Amazfit Bip resources? Version 85. Thanks.

razaghi

Thank you for your time and effort.
I used your program to unpack mi band 5 font files (*.dat) and it worked perfectly.
But, it can't unpack the font file of Amazfit Band 5 :(
The dat file "3844.dat" extracted from "york_v104.res" and the screenshot of the error are attached.
let me know if you require any additional information.

Attachments

Trusted Store

Members online

No members online now.

Our Telegram Channel

Which color of official strap would you like to buy for your Mi Band 3?

• Black

Votes: 2,154 52.8%
  • Deep Blue

Votes: 1,197 29.4%
  • Redish Orange

Votes: 726 17.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
careylui