Tutorial MB4 Resource pack/unpack

Made a small program for packing/unpacking resource files. You need .Net to run it

How to unpack:
1. Drag and drop the packed resource file with .bin extension (~ 1mb) onto mb4_resource_tool.exe
2. Next to the packed resource file, the unpacked file with .res extension (~ 3.5-4mb) should appear
3. Drag and drop the .res file onto WatchFace.exe

How to pack:
1. Drag and drop the resource folder onto WatchFace.exe
2. Drag and drop the file with .res extension (~ 3.5-4mb) onto mb4_resource_tool.exe
3. A ready-to-flash packed file with the extension .bin (~ 1mb) should appear

I do not bear responsibility for possible damaged devices!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
V66 res file

2237.dat LANG FILE

Can I unpack and repack language files?
with this tool you can extract *.dat file from *.pack.bin and pack back.
if you meant editing the *.dat file itself - no, this tool can`t do this.
but i`m trying to undestend its structure and may be in the future...

aBStRAcTIrIs007

Contributor
Why it doesn't support 12bit colours it only supports 8 bit colour any fix for it

um sir ..fail at step 3
when i drag .res file with size ~3.5mb to watchface.exe its just opening cmd and then gone no folder generated.. what should i do?
the foulder should be created in the same directory with the file you are trying to unpack. even if there is any problem, the directory is created with a log file in it.
if the directory is not created, try running with admin priv.

the foulder should be created in the same directory with the file you are trying to unpack. even if there is any problem, the directory is created with a log file in it.
if the directory is not created, try running with admin priv.
still no luck, its just show pop-up cmd and then gone.
but i found something interest.. when i drag the ~3.5mb bin file to watchface.exe which i downloaded from other site, it works with show warning color pallete isn't support, but all resources are completely extracted.
idk why maybe its from my pc.

Last edited:

IvanoKozy

Made a small program for packing/unpacking resource files. You need .Net to run it

How to unpack:
1. Drag and drop the packed resource file with .bin extension (~ 1mb) onto mb4_resource_tool.exe
2. Next to the packed resource file, the unpacked file with .res extension (~ 3.5-4mb) should appear
3. Drag and drop the .res file onto WatchFace.exe

How to pack:
1. Drag and drop the resource folder onto WatchFace.exe
2. Drag and drop the file with .res extension (~ 3.5-4mb) onto mb4_resource_tool.exe
3. A ready-to-flash packed file with the extension .bin (~ 1mb) should appear

I do not bear responsibility for possible damaged devices!

It doesn't work for unpacking ressources

but i found something interest.. when i drag the ~3.5mb bin file to watchface.exe which i downloaded from other site, it works with show warning color pallete isn't support, but all resources are completely extracted.
send me the reources, you are trying to unpack, and/or the log file. otherwise i can`t help you.
i tested this tool on official resources v56-68 and on some custom resources - didn`t face any problems or errors.

MagicalUnicorn

Staff member
Developer
Before drag and drop your Resources file on "mb4_resource_tool.exe", be sure your Resources file have ".bin" extension, else add it. Then drag and drop generated file with ".res" extension on "WatchFace.exe".

Before drag and drop your Resources file on "mb4_resource_tool.exe", be sure your Resources file have ".bin" extension, else add it. Then drag and drop generated file with ".res" extension on "WatchFace.exe".
mb4_resource_tool.exe looks on the header of the file, so extension doesn`t matter.

but I was able to reproduce the error described by r755:
if you use mb4_resource_tool.exe on a *.res file, you`ll get the *.res.res output file.
and if both of these files (*. res and * .res.res) are in the same directory, WatchFace.exe seems to have problems locaiting the file.
to fix this, you need to rename either of the two files to make their names different.

Trusted Store

Members online

Our Telegram Channel

Which color of official strap would you like to buy for your Mi Band 3?

• Black

Votes: 2,154 52.8%
  • Deep Blue

Votes: 1,197 29.4%
  • Redish Orange

Votes: 726 17.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
careylui