Question Mi Band 3 severe battery drain after recent Mi Fit app update to 4.0.16

Hi there,

My Mi band 3's battery life was pretty decent before the update (16-22 days). I do not turn on continuous heart rate monitoring, or use the exercise features a lot. I also do not use the timer and stopwatch a lot. I receive just a few notifications a day.

My band did not receive any firmware update through this app update. A few days after I received the Mi Fit 4.0.16 update , Mi Fit says my band's battery drained to 20% and it's last full charge was just 8 days ago. At that time, the last time I charged it was about a week before the app update. I thought it was not a big problem and I went to charge it fully. After that, around 50% was drained within a day, and I went to charge the band again.
I left my band connected to my phone overnight, and the battery drained to 83%. The next morning, I tried disconnecting my band from my phone by turning off Bluetooth on my phone for half a day, and the battery level did not decrease. It stayed at 83%. When I connected it to my phone again, the battery level started to go down.

I suspect that this issue was due to the Mi Fit 4.0.16 app update that was rolled out recently.

Anyone else having this issue? Please let me know in the comments section.

(P.s. I have not received Mi Fit 4.0.17 app update in my country yet.)

Trusted Store

Members online

No members online now.

Our Telegram Channel

Which color of official strap would you like to buy for your Mi Band 3?

• Black

Votes: 2,154 52.8%
  • Deep Blue

Votes: 1,197 29.4%
  • Redish Orange

Votes: 727 17.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eldonITA00