Question Mi Band 5 closing workout mid exercise?

Eggplant

I have a Galaxy S8 plus + official app, and basically everytime I did a workout (cycling, started from the band), after ~15-20 minutes (sometimes less) the band would exit workout mode itself with no warning (afaik) and return to the watchface. I only notice when I try to check the exercise time/distance and realize it returned to the band's home screen. The worst part is that the whole workout is completely lost when it happens and no trace of it can't be found in the app.
Any idea what's going on? Everything else is working very well, especially sleep tracking. Faulty band?

Last edited:
I have a Galaxy S8 plus + official app, and basically everytime I did a workout (cycling, started from the band), after ~15-20 minutes (sometimes less) the band would exit workout mode itself with no warning (afaik) and return to the watchface. I only notice when I try to check the exercise time/distance and realize it returned to the band's home screen. The worst part is that the whole workout is completely lost when it happens and no trace of it can't be found in the app.
Any idea what's going on? Everything else is working very well, especially sleep tracking. Faulty band?
This something hardware or software problem
I guess software problem
Ask any developer on GeekDoing they will might be able to help

Eggplant

This something hardware or software problem
I guess software problem
I guess I'm going to try starting the workout from Notify & Fitness tomorrow instead of the band, and maybe I can get at least a new clue. Do you have any suggestion? Should I try a factory reset?

I guess I'm going to try starting the workout from Notify & Fitness tomorrow instead of the band, and maybe I can get at least a new clue. Do you have any suggestion? Should I try a factory reset?
I don't no weather Factory Reset will help or not but If u try please do it at your own risk. I dont understand that how are you going to start workout from Notify & Fitness app but if u know how to do it u can try it as well. I would suggest u try these steps :
1. In ur Mb5 go to More>scroll down to Settings>Turn on detect activity Mode.
when u exercise dont turn on any workout mode directly start exercising wearing your band.

If u are gonna try Factory Reset then Follow these steps :
1. Factory Reset ur Band.
2. Remove ur Mb5 from My Devices in Mi Fit.
3. Try to Pair ur Mb5 again.

Eggplant

I don't no weather Factory Reset will help or not but If u try please do it at your own risk. I dont understand that how are you going to start workout from Notify & Fitness app but if u know how to do it u can try it as well. I would suggest u try these steps :
1. In ur Mb5 go to More>scroll down to Settings>Turn on detect activity Mode.
when u exercise dont turn on any workout mode directly start exercising wearing your band.
Hello again. So, today I tried to start the workout directly from the MiFit app, and it worked pretty well the whole workout (36 minutes). So I guess the issue only happens when I start the workout from the band... I'll try your first suggestion in tomorrow's workout, so I can tell what happens

I have similar question: before the mi band workout was going fine! after the mi band, mi fit pauses or even stops recording the session in the middle destroying my final report. What can I do?

Eggplant

I have similar question: before the mi band workout was going fine! after the mi band, mi fit pauses or even stops recording the session in the middle destroying my final report. What can I do?
You mentioned it stops recording. When it stops, it goes back to the watchface without any warning, just closing the workout mode itself? If that's the case, then we have kind of the same problem. Is it happening with you in which activities?

Yesterday I tried with indoor activities, and it worked completely fine for almost 40 minutes doing HIIT. Apparently the problem has something to do with the connection between the app and the band while outdoor. Maybe lost of GPS connection or lost of signal at some point?

Ghafar

I've had the same problem I've found out that it might be because of these two things, 1. The auto pause function that if you don't resume your workout in a certain time it would stop the workout, 2. The problem I have is when I'm doing pushups I accidentally long press the home button which would end the workout , anyways if you lost track of your workout it would be saved in the app itself if you have turned the heart rate monitor on ,

Trusted Store

Members online

Our Telegram Channel

Which color of official strap would you like to buy for your Mi Band 3?

• Black

Votes: 2,154 52.8%
  • Deep Blue

Votes: 1,197 29.4%
  • Redish Orange

Votes: 726 17.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
careylui