News Mi Band 6 | Known features

Since current release is CN ver. I feel like they won’t tell the Alexa features until Global one release because CN ver won’t equip with Alexa but their Xiao AI.

Here's my opinion (Might be false)

Last year - 2020
York Resources (Amazfit Band 5) ;- Doesn't have Xiao AI images which give a hint that York won't be on Mi Band 5. And turns out to be on Amazfit.
Kongming/Pro Resources (Mi Band 5) ;- Doesn't have Alexa images but has Xiao AI which most likely mean Kongming/Pro will be in Mi Band 5 and not on Amazfit.

This year - 2021
Pangu Resources (Mi Band 6) ;- Both of them has Xiao AI and Alexa images, they most likely will be published in the same company and it's probably will be in Xiaomi.

This make's more sense. If the resources doesn't has Xiao AI in it. It has less chance to publish on Xiaomi but more chance to publish as a Amazfit. Since Xiaomi mostly use Xiao AI on their Mi Bands.

Double checking -
On York Resources, Start from Images 0000 - 0059 is Alexa images. This is true that Alexa will be available if they images is most likely on the first 0000 to 0059 (Might be change to later Ver)
While Xiao Ai most likely on the bottom images. I feel like they taken York version and reedit it and place Xiao AI on it. This is fine, they just need to rescript it for both of them to work. They mostly using York because York has already capable to use SpO2. Amazfit Band 5 might be the test for early SpO2. And it seems successful and they seems to use the SpO2 for newest Mi Band 6. This is might be the reason why they use Amazfit Band 5 to run SpO2 and Alexa. Maybe they wanted to check if it's capable of doing it before using it on official Mi Band. Who knows?

Sorry for such a long Essay. LOL :V

stan101

I ordered one today. New screen will be good for me. My Mi Band 4 is getting harder to read without glasses.
I am also happy with the auto detect of cycling, walking and running. The improved sleep recording will also help.

Have they removed it on Mi Band 5?
They don't add it on Mi Band 5 or something..But on Mi Band 4 There is. On mi band 4 go to Mi Fit > Profile > Mi Band 4 > Lab > Password Lock. This features is so cool and if you want more privacy. On the Mi Band 5. On lab section there's only Camera shutter control.

They don't add it on Mi Band 5 or something..But on Mi Band 4 There is. On mi band 4 go to Mi Fit > Profile > Mi Band 4 > Lab > Password Lock. This features is so cool and if you want more privacy. On the Mi Band 5. On lab section there's only Camera shutter control.
I know that the Mi Band 4 have that feature but I dont think that xiaomi remove it on mi band 5

I know that the Mi Band 4 have that feature but I dont think that xiaomi remove it on mi band 5
They did remove it. Its nowhere to be found about Mi Band 5 having Password lock. I knew that on MiUi web. The dev say it’s a test but they should just add that features to newer Mi Bands.

I also check the latest resources on Mi Band 5. Theres some images can be use for Password locks but It doesn’t exist on Mi Band 5 Lab.

I am very confused about this. Was the launch event only for China and not global? Will there be a global launch event, if that wasn't the global one? Also, is it official that mi band 6 won't have GPS in the global version (many YouTubers are not telling whether it has GPS or not clearly).

I am very confused about this. Was the launch event only for China and not global? Will there be a global launch event, if that wasn't the global one? Also, is it official that mi band 6 won't have GPS in the global version (many YouTubers are not telling whether it has GPS or not clearly).
The current Mi Band 6 Launch is Mainland China launch so all Mi Band 6 that is selling right now is CN Variants. However, soon Global Variants will be release. I don't know when. It usually take around almost a month before it launch the Global one. They also do the test on Global one beforehand.

GPS - This is not confirmed by Xiaomi. In CN Ver, They don't announce anything about GPS. Around 2020 on Kongming Pro Firmware. There's GPS Folder. But I heard its abandoned or maybe they cancelled the plan on getting GPS On it. GPS Is usually expensive , That's why you rarely seen GPS on cheap watch. The cheap Fitness watch with GPS and very decent is Amazfit Bip/Lite/S/U in my opinion. Also If you very patient about waiting for Global announce. Then wait for it. Global announce might has some changes than Normal CN. Alexa files is added on "Pangu" Resources so we expect it Alexa on Global Ver.

MagicalUnicorn

Staff member
Developer
About GPS, there isn't (Post #14).

Trusted Store

Members online

Our Telegram Channel

Which color of official strap would you like to buy for your Mi Band 3?

• Black

Votes: 2,154 52.8%
  • Deep Blue

Votes: 1,197 29.4%
  • Redish Orange

Votes: 726 17.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
careylui