News Mi Band 6 | Known features

I know people struggle about not having GPS on the band itself since you don't need to carry the phone. But using GPS on the phone will give a more accurate result since Phone is more intelligent than the band and has Wifi / Mobila Data into it. This Mi Bands has their own limits too. That's why they sometimes can't handle all things by its own.

MagicalUnicorn

Staff member
Developer
The current Mi Band 6 Launch is Mainland China launch so all Mi Band 6 that is selling right now is CN Variants. However, soon Global Variants will be release. I don't know when. It usually take around almost a month before it launch the Global one. They also do the test on Global one beforehand.

GPS - This is not confirmed by Xiaomi. In CN Ver, They don't announce anything about GPS. Around 2020 on Kongming Pro Firmware. There's GPS Folder. But I heard its abandoned or maybe they cancelled the plan on getting GPS On it. GPS Is usually expensive , That's why you rarely seen GPS on cheap watch. The cheap Fitness watch with GPS and very decent is Amazfit Bip/Lite/S/U in my opinion. Also If you very patient about waiting for Global announce. Then wait for it. Global announce might has some changes than Normal CN. Alexa files is added on "Pangu" Resources so we expect it Alexa on Global Ver.
Yes, the only device with GPS is Kongming Pro and it seem be canceled.
About Alexa, there is in Mi Band 6 Firmware, Resources and Resources translations, so we can hope it in Global version, but until now it's same as Pomodoro or Quick replies, it's in files but it's all x).

Yes, the only device with GPS is Kongming Pro and it seem be canceled.
About Alexa, there is in Mi Band 6 Firmware, Resources and Resources translations, so we can hope it in Global version, but until now it's same as Pomodoro or Quick replies, it's in files but it's all x).
I feel positive about it. There's a lot of signs of Amazon Alexa. The CN one has Xiao AI logo. They probably be replaced with Alexa one on Global Ver.

MagicalUnicorn

Staff member
Developer
Mi Band 6 - Already available languages (Global, CN?):
- English.
- Russian.
- Chinese (Simplified).
- Chinese (Traditional).
- Italian.
- Spanish.
- German.
- French.

@MagicalUnicorn I have a question. Can Mi Band has same Firmware but Has different features
Example: Mi Band 5 Global and CN. Has same firmware But CN version has more features than Global one. Is the Global features has been disabled by the app or because of software. Do they check like the codename so it got disabled? I'm confused..

MagicalUnicorn

Staff member
Developer
@MagicalUnicorn I have a question. Can Mi Band has same Firmware but Has different features
Example: Mi Band 5 Global and CN. Has same firmware But CN version has more features than Global one. Is the Global features has been disabled by the app or because of software. Do they check like the codename so it got disabled? I'm confused..
As example, with Mi Band 5, there is Alipay on CN version but not on Global, but the two versions use the same Firmware.

But how do they seperated it. It's the same firmware.. Is it the Firmware or the App that changes it.?

MagicalUnicorn

Staff member
Developer
But how do they seperated it. It's the same firmware.. Is it the Firmware or the App that changes it.?
Firmware, and because we can't modify it due to signature since Mi Band 4, we can't disable/enable/modify features ^^.

Does firmware version is unique? Like CN only have maybe Firmware Version 1 and Global has Version 2?

sir pls tell alexa is available in india or global version and tell that in which Version Alexa is available. it is coming or not bec. on youtube unboxing of mi band 6 in that video alexa is not available so pls tell coming or not or it is just fake news

MagicalUnicorn

Staff member
Developer
Does firmware version is unique? Like CN only have maybe Firmware Version 1 and Global has Version 2?
I let you read again my previous post ^^.

sir pls tell alexa is available in india or global version and tell that in which Version Alexa is available. it is coming or not bec. on youtube unboxing of mi band 6 in that video alexa is not available so pls tell coming or not or it is just fake news
Post #42.

and pls tell how to buy this band in india bec. it is not shipping to india so pls tell or solve this problem
Not related to the thread.

and pls tell how to buy this band in india bec. it is not shipping to india so pls tell or solve this problem
It's better to ask questions at Shoutbox. This thread is for related topics, unrelated is fine but mostly better to limit it. So use Shoutbox to ask questions that is not related with the thread. If you on mobile it's at the bottom of the page. In computer , It's somewhere at top right of the web.

stan101

I received my Mi Band 6 China non NFC today. I decided to pair it with Mi Fit. Overall I think that it is better than Zepp. I did not bother to look at Mi Wear app. I had my Mi Band 4 connected to Strava via a work around. It seems like that connection stayed when I changed bands.

I am looking forward to trying the auto detect sport tracking later today.

stan101

Well I have some good news. The elevation is working in Mi Fit. It wasn't working in Mi Band 4 and I don't think it was working in Mi Band 5. I climbed a mountain this afternoon and my phone was in a Backpack so GPS was not that accurate. I will check elevation on a bicycle ride on the weekend and report back.

The band is taking a little getting used to now that we don't have a button. We must now swipe to exit a screen. I am sure it wont take long until it becomes natural to use.

Try checking Mi Band 6 Lab section if theres anything is new. Its at MiFit
Also i don’t think zepp support the Mi Band 6 yet. Mi Fit however has updated to support it.

stan101

Only thing in Lab is for Camera shutter button. Workout graphs have changed a bit and there seems to be more info. Strava is still communicating. PAI looks good.
app version is 5.0.0 with algorithm 2.8.12. Band is on 1.0.0.26.

Trusted Store

Members online

No members online now.

Our Telegram Channel

Which color of official strap would you like to buy for your Mi Band 3?

• Black

Votes: 2,154 52.8%
  • Deep Blue

Votes: 1,197 29.4%
  • Redish Orange

Votes: 726 17.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
careylui