Question Mi Band 7 can't lock (position) GPS

stan101

I received a Mi Band 7 yesterday. After updating the band firmware and Zepp Life app, I found that I can't start an activity and have GPS lock on. The band calls locking on GPS as "positioning". The band just stays in the positioning mode when trying to connect to GPS.

I have tried / checked the following things:
- reset band
- reboot phone
- checked all permissions on phone are set correctly.
- updated app / band from play store / app.
- Cleared cache and data for app.
- Unpaired and paired band and restarted in between.
- Deleted app from phone and reinstalled.
- Factory reset the band and repaired

App has GPS access when starting a fitness routine from in the app itself so it is not the phone's GPS. This same phone and app were working fine yesterday with a Mi Band 4.
ROM version of band: 1.16.07
App: 6.1.2
Phone Xiaomi 9T Pro ROM: MIUI 12.5.2 stable and it is current.

Any ideas on what I can do guys? Is there any log I can be checking?

UPDATE:
I Migrated data to Mi Fitness (Xiaomi Wear) app and I can lock GPS even indoors. Issue certainly seems to be with the Zepp Life (Mi Fit) app

Last edited:
Hello. I tried it on Mi Band 6 on iOS and Android version to prove that the problem is Zepp Life app. The positioning system that worked on both platforms 1 day ago is currently not working. There have been a lot of issues since early versions of Zepp Life, and it doesn't occur to me that they were deliberately brought up and fixed (to point out the Mi Fitness app). When the update that solves the problem comes, I will share it on my page and here. goodbye 👋

I received a Mi Band 7 yesterday. After updating the band firmware and Zepp Life app, I found that I can't start an activity and have GPS lock on. The band calls locking on GPS as "positioning". The band just stays in the positioning mode when trying to connect to GPS.

- reset band
- reboot phone

App has GPS access when starting a fitness routine from in the app itself so it is not the phone's GPS. This same phone and app were working fine yesterday with a Mi Band 4.

UPDATE:
I Migrated data to Mi Fitness (Xiaomi Wear) app and I can lock GPS even indoors. Issue certainly seems to be with the Zepp Life (Mi Fit) app
I noticed problems with zepp life 6.x
It doesn't synchronize my automatic heart rate mi band 6 NFC. On 5.6.0 it works properly. Maybe you found another 6.x version issue

- reset band
- reboot phone

UPDATE:
Problem solved, please check

stan101

Yes, it is fixed for me and I have changed back to Zepp Life app. Is there a way to transfer the data from Mi Fitness app to Zepp Life?

Yes, it is fixed for me and I have changed back to Zepp Life app. Is there a way to transfer the data from Mi Fitness app to Zepp Life?
I'm afraid that there's no way to do it the other way around as Xiaomi tried to migrate as many people to Xiaomi Wear as they could to leave Mi Fit "dead" behind with a newer UI, but fewer features. I also came across this issue. I've completely switched to another app Notify for Mi Band as there, I could export my data and didn't need any cloud account.

Trusted Store

Members online

Our Telegram Channel

Which color of official strap would you like to buy for your Mi Band 3?

• Black

Votes: 2,154 52.8%
  • Deep Blue

Votes: 1,197 29.4%
  • Redish Orange

Votes: 726 17.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
careylui