Question Question about Korean firmware

xiaomiqm

Hey @Kirill , I asked for the Korean firmware few days ago and our forum members has been tried "Unknown5" file from Reddit. However, as we set to the Korean, the notification is still not displaying in Korean and only days (Mon, Tues etc..) are shown in Korean. Is there any way that I can help you to fix it? Thanks in advance.

Kirill

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Welcome to our forum!
Yes, "Unknown5" file is actually Korean firmware. But as I have previously said, fonts for Korean letters aren't available now, that's why nothing is displayed where words should be shown. However, days of the week (Mon, Tu, etc.) can be found as images (not text) in resources and so can be seen on the screen.

xiaomiqm

@Kirill So basically the font information is missing, right? If that's the case, I think it will be possible to add Korean (or all other languages) fonts using the method that I linked above.

Kirill

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
@Kirill So basically the font information is missing, right? If that's the case, I think it will be possible to add Korean (or all other languages) fonts using the method that I linked above.
What do you mean by 'font information' ? And this tool can't be used with MB3 font format, as structure is different, I will create another one a little bit later.

xiaomiqm

What do you mean by 'font information' ? And this tool can't be used with MB3 font format, as structure is different, I will create another one a little bit later.
@Kirill Oh, all right. I meant the font itself. I thought the font was all included (and it was when I decompiled fw file via hex) but the firmware is somehow blocking Korean to be displayed on MB3.

xiaomiqm

@Kirill New firmware update from Xiaomi shows new .ft file. This might help adding new fonts on MB3. This is how Amazfit Bip has been translated to Korean few months ago (via tool that I attached above).

Trusted Store

Members online

No members online now.

Our Telegram Channel

Which color of official strap would you like to buy for your Mi Band 3?

• Black

Votes: 2,154 52.8%
  • Deep Blue

Votes: 1,197 29.4%
  • Redish Orange

Votes: 727 17.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pawelb16