Discussion Xiaomi Mi Band 4 Official Firmwares

Which version of firmware do you prefer?

• Oldest without new features but Stable

Votes: 370 36.7%
  • Newest with new features but Beta

Votes: 638 63.3%

• Total voters

okkoos

Hi,

why you deleted some languages from firmware version 1.0.7.10 [Beta] and after?

thanks.

okkoos

I also asked them and waiting answer, you can be sure. What I don't understand is this; I recently bought a Mi-Band-4 during my trip to China, but the Band I bought only supports Chinese and English( not global firmware).
This is not a problem, but I have to change the phone language in English for the GUI of Mi-Band to be in English, otherwise Mi-Band language always Chinese. Which sounds ridiculous to me.
Can I use the Official Mi Fit app in regional language and Mi-Band in English, is there any other way?
Thanks.

I also asked them and waiting answer, you can be sure. What I don't understand is this; I recently bought a Mi-Band-4 during my trip to China, but the Band I bought only supports Chinese and English( not global firmware).
This is not a problem, but I have to change the phone language in English for the GUI of Mi-Band to be in English, otherwise Mi-Band language always Chinese. Which sounds ridiculous to me.
Can I use the Official Mi Fit app in regional language and Mi-Band in English, is there any other way?
Thanks.
You can use this modified Mi Fit app which can force band to English language regardless the phone settings...

Modified Mi Fit 4.0.10 - Mi Band 3 & 4

GEOZN8

Contributor
Anything new in 1.0.7.20?
I'm wondering the same thing. Do we have some new in the newest beta firmware 1.0.7.20 ?? It is very stupid thing that Xiaomi delete a lot of languages after 1.0.7.10...

NiTroGen

I have the feeling that any new features of the new firmware will be revealed when releasing the stable version together with a new MiFit version. As long as the versions above 1.0.6.16 are in beta (or non-public) stage and we're not supposed to have them, we are not in position to ask any questions and they are not obligated to answer. Until then, we can find out some parts of the changelog by installing and testing... ;)

By the way, no language has been deleted; just some languages were activated temporarily and then deactivated.

Miss_Danielle

I have the feeling that any new features of the new firmware will be revealed when releasing the stable version together with a new MiFit version. As long as the versions above 1.0.6.16 are in beta (or non-public) stage and we're not supposed to have them, we are not in position to ask any questions and they are not obligated to answer. Until then, we can find out some parts of the changelog by installing and testing... ;)

By the way, no language has been deleted; just some languages were activated temporarily and then deactivated.
Well said...! Unfortunately people don't read anything, so people are still going to ask :(

NiTroGen

I think that the do read everything, but they are just anxious about new features (which usually means having the band in their language) or frustrated for their language being disabled, and they are simply looking for answers. Unfortunately, we can't provide any! :(

EDIT: By the way, I've just compared the two latest resources v70 and v72. Their only difference is that the string "exercise" of v70 has been changed to "freestyle" in v72 (in all languages). All other files (png) are exactly the same. This means that any small and insignificant change may lead to a new version. :cautious: Well, I wonder what had been changed in v71? :unsure:

FYI, here are some new strings that I found in firmware v1.0.7.22 that do not exist in v1.0.7.20. Maybe they can tell us something about the changelog:
Code:
[%u] handle_music_op_from_xiao
[%u] handle_brightness_op_from_xiao
[%u] handle_dnd_op_from_xiao
;)

Last edited:

NightWolf

Well said...! Unfortunately people don't read anything, so people are still going to ask :(
If you're talking about me, I'm a story writer. So I read a lot of things everyday. I just asked from anyone who installed the firmware. I thought maybe there's something new.

Miss_Danielle

If you're talking about me, I'm a story writer. So I read a lot of things everyday. I just asked from anyone who installed the firmware. I thought maybe there's something new.
Paranoid much? Not on about anyone in particular, it's the way forums are now... Newbies to forums don't read or search or even read the thread they are posting in...

Trusted Store

Members online

No members online now.

Our Telegram Channel

Which color of official strap would you like to buy for your Mi Band 3?

• Black

Votes: 2,154 52.8%
  • Deep Blue

Votes: 1,197 29.4%
  • Redish Orange

Votes: 726 17.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
careylui