Discussion Xiaomi Mi Band 4 Official Firmwares

Which version of firmware do you prefer?

• Oldest without new features but Stable

Votes: 370 36.7%
  • Newest with new features but Beta

Votes: 638 63.3%

• Total voters

NiTroGen

I really recommend avoiding font v2, especially if you use the Latin font (all languages except English/Chinese), unless you really need it.

Btw, ft_1.0 kai ft_2.0 firmwares are exactly the same - only the digital signature is different.

NiTroGen

There are some new text strings in beta firmwares v1.0.7.73 and 74, which do not exist in latest stable v1.0.7.60 and beta v1.0.9.20, regarding PAI (Personal Activity Intelligence).
What is PAI and how do you measure it?
PAI is short for Personal Activity Intelligence. You earn PAI points every time your heart rate increases: The higher heart rate, the faster you earn PAI. Our research shows that those who achieve 100 PAI or more every week over time live on average eight years longer than others.
PAI is based on the only thing that reflects the intensity of your activity: your heart rate. Everything you need to do in order to use PAI is to measure your heart rate continuously. Today, PAI can be measured with several of the most common fitness trackers and smart watches, and you will either see you PAI score on you wrist or in an app on your mobile phone. If the score is 100 or higher, you're active enough. If not, you could reduce your health risk by becoming more physically active.
It seems that PAI will be introduced in an upcoming version of Mi Fit. You can see the firmware content comparison here (1.0.7.74 vs 1.0.9.20):

By the way, both firmwares v1.0.9.20 and v1.0.7.74 use resources v86. Those resources are not the same!!!

In the language file of resources v86 of firmware 1.0.7.74, a new string exists:
To use PAI feature, set the detection method as automatic heart rate detection and frequency as once per minute.

Last edited:

NiTroGen

Last edited:

blyat1337

I installed the latest stable (1.0.7.60) and resources (v83). The problem is that I should get this to work with Iphone and with english. As soon as I unpair the language turns back to chinese. Phone language should be finnish on Iphone. Is there any solution to this?

Presho

Is it any way that someone add Swedish Lang. It's so frustrating that even that I use Master for Mi band and change Lang to English, every time I get away (broken BT connection) it went my Band to Chinese!
It's because my Phone is set to Swedish and it follow system Lang. If phone system Lang is not supported it just take Chinese.
Or is it any way to workaround this?

Miss_Danielle

Is it any way that someone add Swedish Lang. It's so frustrating that even that I use Master for Mi band and change Lang to English, every time I get away (broken BT connection) it went my Band to Chinese!
It's because my Phone is set to Swedish and it follow system Lang. If phone system Lang is not supported it just take Chinese.
Or is it any way to workaround this?
Nope no one here can add anything to the fw

NiTroGen

Well, you could always unpack the resources, get the language file, unpack it, change the chinese language to english or your own translation of Swedish, repack the language file, change the appropriate chinese png files of logograms to the english/swedish texts, repack the resources and install them to the band. ;)

Trusted Store

Members online

Our Telegram Channel

Which color of official strap would you like to buy for your Mi Band 3?

• Black

Votes: 2,154 52.8%
  • Deep Blue

Votes: 1,197 29.4%
  • Redish Orange

Votes: 726 17.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
careylui