Tutorial Change Mi Band 4 Theme!

Dlauper

How do you edit the Json without messing up the watchface? I've tried removing the AM/PM segment from one particular watchface ["DayAmPm" under "Date"] and it always messes up the layout

Also:

When I edit one of the PNG files in photoshop and add a gradient, then save it as per your instructions, the filesize [or pixel size] changes but the dimension stays the same. Then when I compile the bin file and upload, it doesn't show up [just a blank space] Is there a specific filesize to be used for particular elements?
After a lot of attempts, I discovered that if you remove a part of the json file, you have to remove the png files as well and rename all of the following files so that there is no discontinuity in the numbering of the png files.

For example, if you delete files 0052.png, 0053.png, 0054.png and 0055.png because they were used for the "DayAmPm" section, the file 0056.png has to be renamed 0052.png and so on for all of the remaining files (the free software "Bulk Rename Utility" is very usefull for such renaming tasks).

Of course, the "ImageIndex" parts of the json file have to be adjusted to the new png names...
It's a long way to the top! ;)

I guess an easier way is to keep the json part of the "DayAmPm" section and to clear the content of the png files so that they are fully transparent (save them as PNG-24).

I hope I made myself clear.

After step 2, do I have to open WatchFace with Photoshop? Because this is what my Photoshop displayed when I tried to do that

tomini

Last edited:

tomini

I managed to do this, but it shows "Unable to sync, try again" in MiFit app.
Please help. Same as last one, I edited this version: «Fallout PipBoy» by Mascone - Mi Band 4 | Amazfit WatchFaces catalog
So do I need to change something in the string? :-( I just changed pictures for the same resolution one's and same colors...same everything!
Thanks

Attachments

tomini

I managed to do this, but it shows "Unable to sync, try again" in MiFit app.
Please help. Same as last one, I edited this version: «Fallout PipBoy» by Mascone - Mi Band 4 | Amazfit WatchFaces catalog
So do I need to change something in the string? :-( I just changed pictures for the same resolution one's and same colors...same everything!
Thanks
View attachment 6335
View attachment 6333
What have I done wrong?
No steps on the bottom etc...
I downloaded this:
«Fallout PipBoy» by Mascone - Mi Band 4 | Amazfit WatchFaces catalog
And then docompiled and changed only "MON, TUE, WED, etc..." for my foreign language "Po, Út, St, etc..." but it doesn't show steps or any other information :-(
Here are both WatchFaces compiled and decompiled in .ZIP on my Google Drive.
Mi Band 4 PipBoy WHAT HAVE I DONE WRONG.rar
Many thanks in advance <3
I figured it out :D
It was 57kB higher than it is possible. MB4 is able to get only 320kB as said somewhere on forum.
I fixed it with using PaletteImageMode compiling and compressing the .PNG.
But still MAYBE a battery drain:cautious::confused::mad: Please contribute any tips <3
Thanks

is there anyone know how to modify number/icon position on .json file inside watchface .bin? last time i unpack bin file and look into json file there had configuration pos XY,image count,etc which completely different from mb3.
very confused with it :rolleyes:

Irfan902

is there anyone know how to modify number/icon position on .json file inside watchface .bin? last time i unpack bin file and look into json file there had configuration pos XY,image count,etc which completely different from mb3.
very confused with it :rolleyes:
You just need to change the coordinates. X is for horizontal and Y is for vertical

kimet

is there any list ofall possible option to configure the json file?
like add weather.. alarm... calories..

For iOS device, do the same thing like this but for the file of .bin. You can store it to device if you can transfer file from windows or mac os, you can upload to drive and download it, or you can do upload from this link Login | Amazfit WatchFaces catalog and you can download from there. But you should have amaztools from apps store. My way is i upload the file .bin to this link Login | Amazfit WatchFaces catalog and then i download the file from my iOS device and it will automatically open the amaztools for syncing the watch face. You can open this site AmazTools - Home .

This is the example i uploaded the .bin to the link

Hi guys,

After some research with the help of @Irfan902, I've succeeded in changing Mi Band 4 Theme.

The original link in Chinese: click here

OK let's begin.

First download all files in the link below

We are going to use AmazfitBipTools, which is open-source and modified by Chinese Dev.

1. First, download and extract those files
  2. Drag template.bin into WatchFace.exe
  3. Modify any pictures you want, in this case the Background Picture is 0000.png
    I used Photoshop for this
  4. Make sure all parameters are the same as mine
    View attachment 5872
  5. In Photoshop, choose Save for Web, then choose PNG-8 like the picture below
    View attachment 5873 View attachment 5874
  6. Save as 0000.png or replace the original file
  7. Drag the .json file into WatchFace.exe, a new file called template_packed.bin should appear in template folder.
  8. Open Mi Fit and download any theme. Here I use the pig with a yellow star
    View attachment 5875
  9. I am using Android so plug your phone in your PC, use File Explorer head to Android/data/com.xiaomi.hm.health/files/watch_skin_local
    Jump in to your earlier downloaded theme folder (you can find it by the thumbnail image inside)
  10. Copy that theme folder's name and rename the _packed.bin file with that (ex. 4lIYUjzg3Vwqt8tJU9sYLeOSqUSAreJNzUxJhxgM.bin)
  11. Replace the original file with the modified file
  12. Open Mi Fit and sync the watch face with the band
For advanced users: you can edit the .json files to change position of elements!

That's it. Feel free to ask any questions below. All credit goes to BandBBS.
65076871_1478189998989469_6326086115149217792_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQl-kjDAAOm8OLq9_jV76Q6z97MivcJq-RV2Ywl3f8U-C3lmSXz4BtK23iwvgMPST2I&_nc_ht=scontent.fhan5-5.fna&oh=e2bcfb2ff6a286fc84460c0e89d3b345&oe=5D904385

I hope browser based tools like the one for Amazfit will be available soon, that'll be much easier

p/s: if anyone using iOS please try and comment below since I don't have any iOS devices

miboi

Hello!

Does anyone know if you can add custom stuff to the watchface? For example, i would like to push some notification or message from phone and it would show up as an icon with some number - same as the pedometer, but custom (maybe speedometer or lets say my GPS altitude and location) and it would appear in the watchface? Or showing some warning messages with custom icons?
Anyone know how could this be done?

Hello!

Does anyone know if you can add custom stuff to the watchface? For example, i would like to push some notification or message from phone and it would show up as an icon with some number - same as the pedometer, but custom (maybe speedometer or lets say my GPS altitude and location) and it would appear in the watchface? Or showing some warning messages with custom icons?
Anyone know how could this be done?
You can't for now

xendrox

Can anyone tell me the basics of editing the .json? Or at least where I can find info on it?

cowborgs

Hello everyone,

I downloaded a MIBAND-4 theme,

I followed the steps shown with watchfaces, during the second compression step to have the modified .bin file, the message below is reported in the _packed.log file.

N.B: The error message is reported even if I do not make any changes to the uncompressed .bin.

error :

Fatal|[ERROR] Watchface is greater than 321kb, it will not be accepted by Mi Band 4, please reduce size! Current size:844kb.
Fatal|System.ArgumentException: [ERROR] Watchface is greater than 321kb, it will not be accepted by Mi Band 4, please reduce size! Current size:844kb.
à WatchFace.Program.PackWatchFace(String inputFileName)
à WatchFace.Program.Main(String[] args)

Trusted Store

Members online

No members online now.

Our Telegram Channel

Which color of official strap would you like to buy for your Mi Band 3?

• Black

Votes: 2,154 52.8%
  • Deep Blue

Votes: 1,197 29.4%
  • Redish Orange

Votes: 726 17.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pipipupu