FW Mod English Firmware 2.4.0.32 / 1.8.0.34 (Fine Font) | Mi Band 3 & Mi Band 3 NFC

rendal

Contributor
hey man so which one do I install? I only want the battery
Battery modifications include all. These are the FW variants for Mili_wuhan, Mili_hankou and Mili_chongqing, as well as the date display variants.

brzi6

Is there any way of increasing number of detailed notification screens? Or is it the limit of the characters that can be displayed for the notification? It would be great if the long notifications could be read as a whole on the mi band

Regards

rendal

Contributor
Is there any way of increasing number of detailed notification screens? Or is it the limit of the characters that can be displayed for the notification? It would be great if the long notifications could be read as a whole on the mi band

Regards
Well, I don't know if that would be great :) And it can be adjusted, it's the number of characters per notification (currently I have no idea how many characters there are), but it can be adjusted similarly to the number of notifications.

brzi6

I tried with the number of characters, but it's actually the number of pages, when text passes 3 pages, it adds "..." to the string. So i think that the number of pages should change, but since i have no experience with hex editing, it'll be a while to find the solution for this 😅

Mariton

Hello,

After a long time of reading about Gadgetbridge, I eventually downloaded it and stopped using Mi Fit app. I followed the instructions found on this website by unpairing my Mi Band 3 (wuhan HW V0.18.3.2) from the Mi Fit app first, then installing Gadgetbridge and pairing it into the Gadgetbridge app, which went without hassle.
Then I tried to update the firmware and that's where I am facing more challenges. After several updates of my firmware with the custom wuhan firmware (English DdashM), I always get the "Connect to app to update" message on my band. I tried to:
- unpair and pair again my Mi Band 3 directly from Android - no success
- unpair and pair again my Mand Band 3 from Gadgetbridge - no success
- checked the Mi Fit app to make sure the Mi Band 3 was unpaired, it was unpaired - no success
- reinstalled the Gadgetbridge app several times - no success
- updated the custom firmware several times - no success
- reverted back to the original firmware 2.4.0.32 - success to get it working "normally" again (but without the custom firmware)
- tried again to reinstall the custom firmware - no success the "Connect to app to update" reappeared.

Did I miss something?

Thank you for your help

rendal

Contributor
Hello,

After a long time of reading about Gadgetbridge, I eventually downloaded it and stopped using Mi Fit app. I followed the instructions found on this website by unpairing my Mi Band 3 (wuhan HW V0.18.3.2) from the Mi Fit app first, then installing Gadgetbridge and pairing it into the Gadgetbridge app, which went without hassle.
Then I tried to update the firmware and that's where I am facing more challenges. After several updates of my firmware with the custom wuhan firmware (English DdashM), I always get the "Connect to app to update" message on my band. I tried to:
- unpair and pair again my Mi Band 3 directly from Android - no success
- unpair and pair again my Mand Band 3 from Gadgetbridge - no success
- checked the Mi Fit app to make sure the Mi Band 3 was unpaired, it was unpaired - no success
- reinstalled the Gadgetbridge app several times - no success
- updated the custom firmware several times - no success
- reverted back to the original firmware 2.4.0.32 - success to get it working "normally" again (but without the custom firmware)
- tried again to reinstall the custom firmware - no success the "Connect to app to update" reappeared.

Did I miss something?

Thank you for your help
Hi, I don't know if I understand your description correctly.
  • So after uploading your custom firmware you were no longer able to pair with Gadgetbridge?
  • Or, after uploading your own Firmware, you managed to pair with Gadgetbridge, but over time the pairing breaks down and the bracelet randomly starts showing a notification "Connect to app to update”?

Mariton

Thank you for your prompt reply.

In all cases, I was able to pair my band with Gadgetbridge. I could also see that the band was shown as "connected" in Gadgetbridge, and that the app was able to communicate with my Mi Band 3.

However, everytime I flashed the custom firmware, I would get the "Connect to app to update" screen on my Mi Band 3, even though the band was shown as connected and syncing correctly with Gadgetbridge...
So I am now back to the original firmware, looking for a solution to update the band and get a custom firware working ;)

rendal

Contributor
Thank you for your prompt reply.

In all cases, I was able to pair my band with Gadgetbridge. I could also see that the band was shown as "connected" in Gadgetbridge, and that the app was able to communicate with my Mi Band 3.

However, everytime I flashed the custom firmware, I would get the "Connect to app to update" screen on my Mi Band 3, even though the band was shown as connected and syncing correctly with Gadgetbridge...
So I am now back to the original firmware, looking for a solution to update the band and get a custom firware working ;)
So a few more questions to clarify the situation.

So, even with custom firmware, did you manage to successfully pair the bracelet to the Gadgetbridge?

If so and the bracelet still says "Connect to app to update", you do not have other parts of the firmware up to date, such as Resouces or Fonts. These parts are concretely fitted to the given Firmware used. So, to use Custom Firmware, you cannot only download Firmware, but also Resources, or upload Fonts as well.

Mariton

Yes, I successfully paired the band to Gadgetbridge and manage to get a few features working (like alarms, los tdevice etc...). However, my sport activities and steps are not reflecting in the app. The sport activities show a timeframe between 1-Jan-1970 and 1-Jan-1970. When I change the filter to today's date, no statistic is showing, so not sure if it paired correctly...

Anyways, I need to look into the Resources then, it's surely something that I missed, I thought this was an optional step for more custom icons or fonts!

Trusted Store

Members online

No members online now.

Our Telegram Channel

Which color of official strap would you like to buy for your Mi Band 3?

• Black

Votes: 2,154 52.8%
  • Deep Blue

Votes: 1,197 29.4%
  • Redish Orange

Votes: 726 17.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
careylui