Question Hebrew firmware

Felalex

This can be partially overcommed by reversing the notifications, at least in band & tools it's possible, but it can't be done only for Hebrew, meaning that English notifications will also be reversed... Doing reverse for different apps can be a kind of workaround...

Felalex

I did a solution that work using gadgetbridge, and can be copied to any app that know how to change the notification..
Well, I contacted their support and asked for a new feature. Maybe you can contact them as well and propose your solution...

Felalex

Gadget bridge kills my battery (well it did when I've tried it before) and doesn't seem to integrate with sleep as Android, so I don't use it.

I sent it also to the developer of Alert Bridge, it's up to him now..
And as I said, it can be integrated with any other app..

tomerr

I'm giving Gadgebridge 0.3 another chance at controlling all notifcations to MB3 (including call id etc). this time I've stopped all Mi Fti processes and closed GB. will update if it changed anything

tomerr

update: GB is no good with MB3 . it looses BT connection after sometime and doesn't reconnect on it's own

tomerr

the thing is, Alert Bridge doesn't (currently at least) support phone calls & SMS notifications to band. other than that, it looks solid

Dabe

update: GB is no good with MB3 . it looses BT connection after sometime and doesn't reconnect on it's own
The problem isn't with GB, bc it's working fine with the other versions (like the English version of MagicalUnicorn ?), it's happening only to us...

If it's work well while rtl support is disabled, then it's my problem.
If it's work well only with modified versions, then you can't really say that the issue is not in GB..

tomerr

The problem isn't with GB, bc it's working fine with the other versions (like the English version of MagicalUnicorn ?), it's happening only to us...
what "other versions" are you referring to ? do you mean custom fw or custom Mi Fit..?
GB never worked well for me with MB3 - on all versions I've used it, it was always a pain just to get it connected to the band, for flashing custom fw.

Dabe

Ok, i tested it yesterday.
I'm using: oneplus 5t phone, modified mi fit 3.4.6.8, GB 0.30.0. Resources V40 from kirill. Didn't change the settings at the testing time (except rtl)

- With MagicalUnicorn's English Firmware 1.6.0.16 | Fine Font - even if i enabled the rtl option there's no problem.
- With kirill's English Firmware 1.5.0.2 (DD/MM) - without the rtl enabled there's no problem.
When the rtl option is enabled the BT lost connection.

I honestly can't think how the rtl can cause such thing.
Unless it some how the very short time it takes to edit the notification..

tomerr

Ok, i tested it yesterday.
I'm using: oneplus 5t phone, modified mi fit 3.4.6.8, GB 0.30.0. Resources V40 from kirill. Didn't change the settings at the testing time (except rtl)

- With MagicalUnicorn's English Firmware 1.6.0.16 | Fine Font - even if i enabled the rtl option there's no problem.
- With kirill's English Firmware 1.5.0.2 (DD/MM) - without the rtl enabled there's no problem.
When the rtl option is enabled the BT lost connection.
MagicalUnicorn's fw doesn't change the font (so it cannot display Hebrew characters).. so I call BS -
Known bug
★ Arabic, Hebrew and Thai aren't supported.
★ Spacing between cyrillic characters.

Last edited:

Trusted Store

Members online

No members online now.

Our Telegram Channel

Which color of official strap would you like to buy for your Mi Band 3?

• Black

Votes: 2,154 52.8%
  • Deep Blue

Votes: 1,197 29.4%
  • Redish Orange

Votes: 727 17.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kratoz29